Classic songs you can't fucking stand

sweetness

Kind of an "unpopular music opinions" thread of sorts, but focusing on classic rock/pop songs that seem to be universally loved even though you can't stand them. Songs that when they come on the radio and somebody says "oh man this is a GREAT tune" you roll your eyes. at one of my jobs I'm forced to listen to a classic hits radio station throughout my shift so hearing these songs as much as I do has either ruined them for me or just exposed how bad they are, anyway

Don McLean - American Pie

if this song was half as long as it is it wouldn't be so bad, but it just goes on, and on, and on, and on, and just when you think its over, it reprises the same chorus again, BuT tHiS tImE iTs AcOuStIc WooOooo. Fuck you Don McLean

Manfred Mann - Blinded By The Light

i literally hate everything about this song. the awful lyrics, the fact its a Bruce Springsteen cover, the painfully self indulgent guitar solo, fucking "cop sticks"... why? why in the hell?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A DAY IN THE LIFE!!!

And another big Beatles song, I can't remember which one it was, one of their early hits, it's fucking horrendous.

A Hard Day's Night? If so I completely agree, the way people go on about that opening chord like it was the most amazing thing in music history just makes it more annoying, like people have never heard of dissonance before

A DAY IN THE LIFE!!!

And another big Beatles song, I can't remember which one it was, one of their early hits, it's fucking horrendous.

A Hard Day's Night? If so I completely agree, the way people go on about that opening chord like it was the most amazing thing in music history just makes it more annoying, like people have never heard of dissonance before

No, I remember now, it's Please Please Me. I like A Hard Day's Night. It's one of the few songs by that band that I actually like.

Their are so fucking many that annoy me. Some of these are great songs but they annoy the hell out of me when I hear them on the radio all the time.

"Hotel California", "Life in the Fast Lane", "Take It Easy", "Take It to the Limit", "Heartache Tonight" by The Eagles

"Under The Bridge", "Parallel Universe", "Scar Tissue", "Californication", "Dani California", "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

"Money", "Wish You Were Here", "Another Brick in the Wall Part II", "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd

I could go on and on.