New song from The Strokes

Randy Lahey

Maybe that's what they are doing just putting solo songs on a Strokes album. There's still something very Strokesy about it.

It's got that repetitive quality. All their songs are basically like the Sweet Child O' Mine intro.

Everyone is bandwagon jumping, Stokes have gone new wave, Bon jon and has country, Korn went dub step, what bandwagon can Guns jump on, maybe the the 80s hair metal revival?

The Strokes song has a Strokes solo.

Edited by wasted

It will be a tragedy if Axl never does a rap song. I think Eminem might have stole his idea.

a P-Funk song something like The Game is Sold Not to be Told. Master P to produce Wild West Heroes., a western themed P Funk record is on the cards.

Edited by wasted

Here's my belief about The Strokes. Casablancas' vision started overtaking the band with First Impressions and the other bandmembers resisted a bit which made it sort of messy. The band practically broke up for five years and Julian did his synth-heavy, New Wave-y solo record. The other guys found less success and obviously wanted to reunite The Strokes for the usual reasons. Julian refused to even record his vocals with them, so they did it in studio without him, and I think they tried to make Angles sound like the type of album they thought he would want them to make. Which means it was kind of an '80s synth-y pop album. I dug it. This one sounds even more like an outtake from his solo record -- it's really similar to "Glass" with his falsetto and all -- so people complaining about The Strokes having changed their sound too much, yeah, they sort of have, but I think they're basically just trying to keep Julian happy at this point. I don't think they'll make another garage rock, raw "Is This It"; the guy's interests seem to have shifted a lot musically and he'll probably continue going down this route, with or without the other bandmembers.

Is the record out. I got a email from them saying heres a track the official single will be out later.

The record will be out in March. The lead single will be out in a couple weeks or so.

hopefully One Way Trigger is just a filler track from side 2 and the real single will be more rock. Not because I don't like OWT, it just seems a bit pointless to have lyrics you can't hear or understand.

The Strokes are doing a good job with keeping up with the New York City Indie Scene. They started out as garage rock sounding similar to Television, Modern Lovers, Ramones, ect and the music just grows more electronic and awful with the help of the Macbook. That's basically the shit they play in Brooklyn.