Guns N' Roses to play exclusive Formula One show in Malaysia!

Guest NGOG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This won't get broadcast, you'll be lucky if a clip is shown in the buildup to the race. They sure as fuck won't show a clip during the race.

Pinball Wizard already told us that. And another poster said it will be happening after the race. But hey thanks for reading the thread, as usual.

This won't get broadcast, you'll be lucky if a clip is shown in the buildup to the race. They sure as fuck won't show a clip during the race.

Pinball Wizard already told us that. And another poster said it will be happening after the race. But hey thanks for reading the thread, as usual.

Pwnage!

Pwnage!

Oh noes, as you can see my post went up a minute after that poster said it was after the show. As for Braindead, I've that cupcake on ignore.

It's a cool idea, but it's funny as well.

I mean in 2006 or 07 Axl appeared at that F1 show so he must be a big fan of it. It seems like this new band is something along the lines of a hobbie for Axl. I don't think Axl takes it as a job anymore or as a band itself... it's more like a hobbie for Axl to go to visit the places he wants and do the kind of events he wants and likes.

Seems like he mixes his favorite places to visit in the World and his favorite events to watch or participate with the work in his band.

Which leds me to think that maybe that's why Axl isn't puting out new material so soon, and maybe that's why the new band is so mis-carried and full of shenanigans with the Label and such... maybe Axl just doesn't take it that seriously anymore and sees Guns N'Roses as a way to fulfill his needs more than just acting like a real band.

Edited by AndreCC

GnR could play a highschool prom and some of you would proclaim it to be the gig of the year.

Playing a race gig in Malaysia is no different than if the boys played a formula race gig in Texas next summer!

Volcano - in your opinion, why is this a "huge" gig for them?

It's another country they've never played before - a band's first gig in any given country is usually a pretty big deal :shrugs:

Not to mention Sydney in 2010 was amazing and made me forget about the V8 Supercar race that weekend. This is huge.

Btw Axl has friends in F1.

Edited by iftheworld

The Melbourne show on March 17 is the same day as the Australian F1 race, and the track and venue are only a few kilometres apart. I was kind of hoping Axl might do something in relation to the F1 race as well, since he's a fan but nothing has been mentioned yet. I'm sure he'll be hanging out in the pits with Kimi Raikkonen, if not on race day, then surely on Saturday qualifying.

Exposure. More people get exposed to this great band. The media and certain former members like to make the casual fan believe fallacies. Once someone experiences this beast live their opinions change immediately.

It's still unbelievable that people dismissed Chinese Democracy without hearing a single sound.

Exposure. More people get exposed to this great band. The media and certain former members like to make the casual fan believe fallacies. Once someone experiences this beast live their opinions change immediately.

It's still unbelievable that people dismissed Chinese Democracy without hearing a single sound.

Back in reality.....

Most people who attend will probably enjoy the show. Then they will go home and not really think about GNR much again.

As for CD, most people dismissed it precisely because they heard how it sounded. Count me as one.

Most who will attend will be hardcore Gunners, the rest who may have or haven't heard of GNR in the past decade may leave the venue ASAP as many are from different countries (catching flights back home) or out of state wanting to get home as Monday is a working day, because the concert is AFTER the race.

So I'm not so optimistic on the exposure this gig will get if the objective is to attract non-hardcore fans.

However I sincerely hope it will turn out to GNR's favor. More publicity to the new lineup so that the next album will outdo ChiDem's sales. rock3

s1_1.jpg

Great picture! Love them both.

And no, that is not because Axl seems to be friends with him. I already was a Raikkonen fan before I even knew that. It's because his way of driving.

It's a nice gig, happy for him. Wish I could be there, two of my favorite things combined.

Pwnage!

Oh noes, as you can see my post went up a minute after that poster said it was after the show. As for Braindead, I've that cupcake on ignore.

Awww, you angry the Hard Rock hotel bucket thread got locked? You sure were enjoying yourself in there, insulting Axl, ignoring evidence, making multiple posts.

Oh and Pinball wizard said it wouldn't be broadcast an hour before your post. Oops. Interesting that in both the hard rock thread and this one, your posts seem to indicate you're not reading the thread, rather just doing your autopilot thing, desperately trying to bother real fans by insulting Axl nonstop. Good luck with your mission there, it's a noble one. :jerkoff:

Pwnage!

Awww, you angry the Hard Rock hotel bucket thread got locked? You sure were enjoying yourself in there, insulting Axl, ignoring evidence, making multiple posts.

Oh and Pinball wizard said it wouldn't be broadcast an hour before your post. Oops. Interesting that in both the hard rock thread and this one, your posts seem to indicate you're not reading the thread, rather just doing your autopilot thing, desperately trying to bother real fans by insulting Axl nonstop. Good luck with your mission there, it's a noble one. :jerkoff:

Lol this really bothers you doesn't it cupcake. I love how you act like the forum police, it is hilarious :lol: