Does anyone think Guns N' Roses will do a Summer Tour of US

tsunta

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worry about their ability to sell tickets in NA. I mean the UCAP was really cool, but after the 2002 Tour, the 2006 Tour, Sporadic US Shows and the 2011-12 Shows can they actually sell out Arenas? Maybe Small theaters could be the way to go.

I'm not trying to rank on them, I'm just worried.

Ticket sales in Australia(bar Melbourne which they missed in 2010) have not been great either...

Is it like SOS bad, or just Pretty bad? You put the same product out year after year... Especially the name but not the ingredients that make it up, the wool is not covering anyone's eyes

They're a real band. They don't call it "cover band" for nothing.

LOLLLLL according to Volcano, there is no such thing as paid musicians. As long as they are on stage playing, they are not employees..... But he called Slash and Duff employees.... LOLLLL

Edited by Young_Gun

A cover band plays songs that they haven't written and haven't made famous. These guys ARE Guns N' Roses. Therefore: NOT A COVER BAND!

Dizzy, Tommy, Fortus, Ashba, Frank, Pitman and Bumble wrote SCOM, Jungle, Patience, PC, Rocket Queen and Don't cry??

A cover band plays songs that they haven't written and haven't made famous. These guys ARE Guns N' Roses. Therefore: NOT A COVER BAND!

Thanks for setting me straight. I just had to see it in all caps to understand the truth.

Dizzy, Tommy, Fortus, Ashba, Frank, Pitman and Bumble wrote SCOM, Jungle, Patience, PC, Rocket Queen and Don't cry??

Based on previous posts, I'm pretty sure he's joking. Maybe you're joking back at him. Who knows what's a joke and what's not with this band anymore?

Edited by magisme

Thanks for setting me straight. I just had to see it in all caps to understand the truth.

Based on previous posts, I'm pretty sure he's joking. Maybe you're joking back at him. Who knows what's a joke and what's not with this band anymore?

I'm joking with him of course hehe. I'm not the type who treats this band as some deity that I must defend with all my will like some here.

They're Name is Guns N' Roses Right? They Go Out there and play their Newest Songs from CD Every Damn Night! And that is a Guns N' Roses Album, Written by Guns N' Roses! And DJ Kills HIS This I Love solo, Note for Note Every Damn Night, Just Like he Wrote it!

They're Name is Guns N' Roses Right? They Go Out there and play their Newest Songs from CD Every Damn Night! And that is a Guns N' Roses Album, Written by Guns N' Roses! And DJ Kills HIS This I Love solo, Note for Note Every Damn Night, Just Like he Wrote it!

You are upsetting Volcano!!!

I worry about their ability to sell tickets in NA. I mean the UCAP was really cool, but after the 2002 Tour, the 2006 Tour, Sporadic US Shows and the 2011-12 Shows can they actually sell out Arenas? Maybe Small theaters could be the way to go.

I'm not trying to rank on them, I'm just worried.

Its all in how you look at it. They will not sell 20K tickets per night in the USA... But they will sell 5-6K in medium markets and 10K plus in large markets. bottom line is will it be profitable for the band and the promoter? My guess is if they book the tour then the answer is yes, other-wise promoters wouldnt line up the shows. IMO the last USA tour seemed to go well, add the UCAP, Vegas residency and now they are headling a huge festival in NYC things are looking up in the USA which in the end could help the record company want to help with a new album. Its all a process

2001-2013 GREATEST HITS TOUR

fakeGNR sucks so much :no:

Don't say that!! According to Volcano, they are a real band and are not employees!

Dude they are a bunch of guys playing music on stage with various instruments. They are a band whether you like them or not.

Ahhhh but you were so quick to call Slash and Duff employees. Clear up the double standard and I will understand.

Employees or not it's still a band. Even in 1993.

The diminishing crowds isn't just because of lack of new music, it's also because they've kept touring.

I think that was the down side of the residency, not making major changes with the setlist.

Ohh come on... Tell me they didn't do that! DJ Promised that each show would be unique and they would vary it up with special surprise songs! DJ wouldn't lie when it comes to Guns would he?

The diminishing crowds isn't just because of lack of new music, it's also because they've kept touring.

I think that was the down side of the residency, not making major changes with the setlist.

I agree. The constant touring is over-saturating the market. Even if Axl never releases any new music and does "nostalgia tours" or whatever, it could still be successful if he tours less frequently. People just don't want to pay year in and year out for the same show over and over. 2006 and 2011 was a decent break from touring the US, but to do it again this year after having done the UCAP in 2012 and the Vegas Residency is when it starts becoming excessive. There's two ways to counter this - release new music, or tour less frequently in repeat markets.

I'd actually rather them play smaller shows in most markets. Selling out a 5000 seat venue sounds better than having 6000 out of 12 000 seats filled in an arena, if that makes sense. As much as I enjoyed both shows I've seen in the last few years, it's disappointing to see the top of the arena curtained off and only the lower bowl filled. Even then, not completely.

Some markets they can probably still pull off arenas (New York probably, and Toronto they sold out or close to it back in 2010), but they'd be wise to book smaller shows elsewhere and it would also be seen as a greater success.

Don't say that!! According to Volcano, they are a real band and are not employees!

They are a real band. Just because they don't do exactly what you want them to do exactly when you want them to do it doesn't make them any less of a real band.

Maybe it's time to move on to something that does actually interest you and leave those of us alone who are happy with what the band is doing.

So I must interest you then? Because if I didn't you would not waste you time on someone like me. You're trolling doesn't fool me one bit, please keep it up, I actually like it hehe :)

Do you even know what trolling means you ignorant fool?

They are a real band. Just because they don't do exactly what you want them to do exactly when you want them to do it doesn't make them any less of a real band.

Maybe it's time to move on to something that does actually interest you and leave those of us alone who are happy with what the band is doing.

So I must interest you then? Because if I didn't you would not waste you time on someone like me. You're trolling doesn't fool me one bit, please keep it up, I actually like it hehe :)

Do you even know what trolling means you ignorant fool?

No shit you broke ass. You actually think BBA is being sincere? Lolllll oh the humanity!!

Edited by Young_Gun

With regards to the Govenor's Ball do you think Guns N' Roses will just make a tour out of it. and just tour the United States

It's possible, although too early to say definitively at this point. I'll wait to see if more shows are booked. Whether or not it will be headlining shows or some other form of a tour remains to be seen as well, if there is in fact a full-fledged tour.

Ali

They're a band, when Bumblefoot brought the WTTJ riff to the table I was blown away.

On topic: Probably a 2013-2014 North American Tour, then South America and Europe in 2015.

So has the Jungle riff blown you away? You have a very low standart :lol:

I was blown away when I realized Bumblefoot wrote it. ;)

Edited by pi2loc