I want to get a Guns N' Roses tattoo or GNR related..

tsunta

My GNR tattoo is an edited version of a logo they used on one shirt. I think if I get another one, it wouldn't be a logo, but something related...

Ideas:

- AFD original artwork, just the painting (no text down the side)

- The "Pretty Tied Up" skeleton chick from the UYI II booklet

- I thought about getting the AFD skulls, no cross or banners, side by side so it looks kind of like a bracelet. I decided against it because I thought the design would be too small to get the detail right, but I've met this guy at least at 3 different shows, I can't remember his name but he's from Albequerque. He's got the AFD skull bracelet sorta thing and it looks cool as fuck. I think he's got a UYI painting tat and a CD logo tat as well...

But when i post about needing tattoo help my post gets moved and people rape the fact that i want some info. Lol

People post about tattoos or tattoo help somewhat often on this board (and others) and I don't think I've seen many where people were dicks about it. What was your tat thread? (Do you already have one or are you getting one?)

Personally, i'm in favour of getting a tattoo the speaks to your affinity for the band but doesn't necessarily render you a walking billboard. I have a elbow to shoulder tattoo of some revolvers and roses snaking their way around them. It's my way of honoring the band without being branded by them. This way the tattoo can be a little more original and won't look like everything else. If you're hiring a great tattoo artist (and why would you not - go with someone who has at least 15 years of experience who you like their drawing style), not going with a brand image gives them some freedom to do something really cool and personal. Why have the same AFD cross when many people already have it?

In other words, get something original.

Edited by downzy

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457681930938566.102882.156211814418914&type=3

That Ashba tattoo made me cringe.

I agree with downzy on this. I'm getting a Gn'R related tattoo eventually as well, a half-sleeve. But it's just going to be a custom of some roses with stems weaving and mostly obscuring a revolver. I'm considering adding a short line from a Gn'R song inside somewhere too. Not certain.