March 17th, 2013 - Melbourne, Australia

Guest Gunns

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

You know MB, I never really liked DJ before. I thought he was a fake, a Slash wannabe and I despise his Ashbaland crap, but he was AMAZING last night. He is a great entertainer and he gave it 100%. Sure he loves the spotlight but I don't blame him for that. 99% of the western world's population wants to be famous so you can't critique him for that. I don't particularly care whether he was technically that great, to my untrained ear he sounded fantastic and played the parts he had well.

I had a blonde girl next to me for the show and we were dancing and jiving and screaming away the whole night and a couple of times he engaged with us and smiled at our reactions. When I met him I said that he was amazing tonight and he said "so were you!". Hahahaha! Gotta love that, he knows how to work it. I have a new found respect for the guy and I don't care what anyone else has to say about him, so don't bother replying to this with heaps of DJ hate, folks. I'm not going to respond. I made my own opinion last night and that's all that counts to me.

I understand Red, I am not a hater. I think he is very entertaining on stage and always gives his 100%, I appreciate that. It's more the way he looks, what would hold me back from kissing him ;). But I don't hate the guy at all.

Nice that you had so much fun and that it was noticed. Sounds all so much fun, little jealous.

Thanks guys!

You know MB, I never really liked DJ before. I thought he was a fake, a Slash wannabe and I despise his Ashbaland crap, but he was AMAZING last night. He is a great entertainer and he gave it 100%. Sure he loves the spotlight but I don't blame him for that. 99% of the western world's population wants to be famous so you can't critique him for that. I don't particularly care whether he was technically that great, to my untrained ear he sounded fantastic and played the parts he had well.

I had a blonde girl next to me for the show and we were dancing and jiving and screaming away the whole night and a couple of times he engaged with us and smiled at our reactions. When I met him I said that he was amazing tonight and he said "so were you!". Hahahaha! Gotta love that, he knows how to work it. I have a new found respect for the guy and I don't care what anyone else has to say about him, so don't bother replying to this with heaps of DJ hate, folks. I'm not going to respond. I made my own opinion last night and that's all that counts to me.

I think in time DJ will win over the fans. He's a great connection with the audience, just like Bumble.

Thanks guys!

I think in time DJ will win over the fans. He's a great connection with the audience, just like Bumble.

He doesn't smoke anymore so bin the hat = winning.

i posted catcher from newcastle, which is great until Franks drums kick in and it fucks up on the iphone.

I got HD 1080 P footage of the chick flicking peanuts off her tits, angry + nice boys (whole song) as well as many others from 16th show.

Got the video of axl tying his shoe laces whilst bumblefoot takes the mic and other shit (cant remember how much I filmed)

Great stuff! Are you going to post the videos?

I had an awesome night guys, and JD I think you were EXTREMELY critical. I can imagine that the show would not have been as intense as a show from the late 80s to early 90s but since neither of us actually witnessed one of those first hand I don't really see how you can diss it that much.

The energy they put into the show from the first was pretty amazing to me. Maybe because I was front row, I don't know, but I thought it was quite explosive and everyone gave 100%. I thought Richard, DJ and Bumble engaged well with the audience and Axl was smiling and seemed to enjoy himself. I agree with you about DJ, he was actually really impressive and entertains a crowd well. The only thing i wish he wouldnt do is that thing with his hands to his ears, but then again he can actually do whatever the fuck he wants, so whatever.

I didnt feel that any of the songs were 'trash' or 'boring'. When I go to a show I don't exactly expect it to sound like the CD and I think its really naive to think that they should sound like the CD. But the atmosphere is what counters the sound precision and I think they did a great job at that. And as for Axl spending about 45 seconds singing Happy Birthday to Vanessa, get over it. I thought it was lovely and if you can't spare 45 seconds for that maybe you should have saved your $200 and stayed in bed all day. :rolleyes:

It kind of staggers me to hear so many people critical of them when clearly NONE of us could even come close to delivering what they do. Per-leeeeeease! It's kind of sad to hear people diss them because the audience last night was really loud and loving it, so there's something contradictory about the criticism and the general consensus from audience response.

Anyway, I had an amazing and really special night. It was a dream come true for me. Thanks to rock4eva I had the opportunity to meet the guys. I had a nice chat with Bumble, DJ, Dizzy (who is hilarious), gave Fortus a kiss (he is such a cutie and so shy), chatted with Beta, Fernando and Vanessa and they were all lovely and accommodating. I even had the pleasure of telling Axl as he left that he is awesome and he laughed back and said thanks to us. My last memory is his smiling face and his hand out the car window which I nearly grabbed but just missed. *sigh*

Awesome night! :thumbsup:

Glad you had such a great time! Your reaction to meeting DJ and the others is common, when people see them in person and get to hear them talk it's impossible to not like them. They are a great bunch of guys, I'm so happy your evening ended on such an amazing note!