Do you know anyone else called Axl or would you give your child that name?

alfierose

I would never call my kid Axl and I don 't know anyone called like that. I know a guy called Axel and there are 2488 Axels in Spain, but no one called Axl in the whole country.

There should only be Axl Rose and Axel Foley.

QFT

I'm from Spain, I'd never met any Axl here...

Edited by Raykugen

My daughter has a Facebook friend called Axl Hudson (a piss take I suspect but you never know) anyway it inspired me to ask;

Do you know any other Axl's and do they live up to their name?

Would you name your child Axl and why or why not?

According to this site http://www.themeaningofnames.org/how-popular-is-my-name.php?n=Axl&go=Go

there are 728 Axl's, the first recorded in 1988. I thought they might be more.

Interestingly the highest number of recorded Axl's was 73 in 2011 - the result of 2010 tour post gig love perhaps. ;-)

I named my new puppy black lab Axl. I knew a family that named their son Axl but the mom was Scandinavian and in the part of world Axl is a somewhat popular name. In this families case Axl was a family name

Don't know anyone personally, but it's being used more on tv shows.

Ex: the Middle, the older son is named Axl and on the Walking Dead there was a character named Axl until he got shot! lol

I think Axl is a very cool name.

Rose doesn't count.

I would never call my kid Axl and I don 't know anyone called like that. I know a guy called Axel and there are 2488 Axels in Spain, but no one called Axl in the whole country.

I'm from Spain, I'd never met any Axl here...

Only if he (or she, cos we never know) is a tourist.

CHORTLE ABOUT HALF THE PEOPLE IN DUNDEE THINK IM CALLED AXL IT JUST COMES OUT YKNOW WHENENEVER ANYONE ASKS MY NAME IV EVEN BEEN WALKING DONW THE ROAD N HEARD HEY AXL HOW ARE YOU , LOL MY NAMES NOT AUCTUALLY AXL THO, ITS HOLDING

"Eh ken this boy called Axl. Boy claims that isnae his name like but a'body just calls him that. Saw him walkin doon the Provvy Road the other night and shouted "Hiya Axl hiya pal" and the boy turned roond goin by that it's fair gemme tae call the boy Axl ken?"