Do you know anyone else called Axl or would you give your child that name?

alfierose

My daughter has a Facebook friend called Axl Hudson (a piss take I suspect but you never know) anyway it inspired me to ask;

Do you know any other Axl's and do they live up to their name?

Would you name your child Axl and why or why not?

According to this site http://www.themeaningofnames.org/how-popular-is-my-name.php?n=Axl&go=Go

there are 728 Axl's, the first recorded in 1988. I thought they might be more.

Interestingly the highest number of recorded Axl's was 73 in 2011 - the result of 2010 tour post gig love perhaps. ;-)

Well, Axl would be a weird name in Brazil. But I'll for sure have a dog called Axl. I have a neighbour who has a dog called Ozzy. It's a fucking tiny poodle. :lol:

And there's Axl on the sitcom The Middle. If I'm not mistaken, that's his name because Sweet Child O' Mine was playing when he was conceived.

Edited by ManetsBR

I think there have been a number of studies that suggest the type of name you have has an influence on personality. Maybe some psychology grad student should track down all the Axls to see if this bears out.

My daughter's name is Lindsey Rose :pp

Cute :-)

I was going to call my first born Saul. Not anything to do with Slash, I don't think I knew that was his name back then, but after a child I used to babysit for. She turned out to be a girl so it never happened.

I went to school with a guy named Axl. There was a girl who went to my school, I didn't actually know her, but her name was Rose Hudson. Not that it really counts, but my dogs name is Dexter. But no, I wouldn't name a kid, or even a pet, directly after a GNR member (or any celebrity really).

I would never call my kid Axl and I don 't know anyone called like that. I know a guy called Axel and there are 2488 Axels in Spain, but no one called Axl in the whole country.

There should only be Axl Rose and Axel Foley.

QFT

Mum knows someone called Axel but he'd be in his 70s/80s. We had a goat called Dexter but nothing to do with gnr, Dad named him after a radio show.

I'll bet you won't find anyone called Axl in Japan - they wouldn't be able to pronounce it.