What's the buzz like for a new GNR album in your area?

BBA

What's the buzz like for a new GNR album in your area? I'm not talking about 'forum buzz', but interest from the rest of the outside world such as your local media, radio, friends, family, co-workers, etc.

It seems like where I live in North Florida that's all everyone is talking about. Just the other day, Sweet Child O Mine was playing on the radio at work and a female co-worker mentioned how she wished GNR was still together and releasing new music. I informed her that they are still together and that they have been touring the world for the past 5 years or so. She giggled a little bit, but I'm not exactly sure why?

Is anyone else experiencing positive buzz about the band and their upcoming new album in your area?

Edited by BBA

The buzz here in Brazil is very big. There are campaigns on Twitter everyday and at least once a week the GNR fans gather on a São Paulo public park to talk about GNR and protest for a new album. This was yesterday:

Madrid%2Bprotest%2B15%2BOct%2B2011.jpg

The buzz here in Brazil is very big. There are campaigns on Twitter everyday and at least once a week the GNR fans gather on a São Paulo public park to talk about GNR and protest for a new album. This was yesterday:

hahaha best zinger I've ever read here ;)

as for a serious answer, I live in NYC, and I've never ONCE heard anyone say "oh man, DJ and DIzzy are cooking up something REALLY special to follow up Axl's masterpiece, Chinese Democracy!"

Edited by niceguy

Was this crowd really all there for GNR support? If so, pretty cool. The crowd that I saw gathered on behalf of the band in downtown Orlando yesterday was pretty similar in size.

I have noticed quite a few GNR shirts over the last year or two. Not real tour ones more the rock nostalgia fashion ones. Mostly worn by people under 25. Not sure what this says, I am in the UK.

Oh yes, for sure. Here in NYC, I see people of all ages wearing the AFD cross t-shirt. I'm talking sexy hipster girls in Bklyn, fat guys in midtown, college kids in the Village. That AFD shirt is rather huge right now, oddly.

san francisco was the only city in the world untouched

by the CD tour leg that started in 2009.

closest they came was the bridge school benefit.

so this is probably GNRs worst market.the bay area.

if real GNR came back together we would pay attention.

btw,BBA,she giggled because nuGNR is giggle worthy and you know better

than this split personality trolling or whatever.

>>The buzz here in Brazil is very big. There are campaigns on Twitter everyday and at least once a week the GNR fans gather on a São Paulo public park to talk about GNR and protest for a new album. This was yesterday:

Was this crowd really all there for GNR support? If so, pretty cool. The crowd that I saw gathered on behalf of the band in downtown Orlando yesterday was pretty similar in size.

hahaha yeah, sure.

But seriously now, I went to a GNR cover last week, and the place was absolutely packed, everyone sang ChiDem songs as well, and I met some NuGNR fans who said they were looking forward to listen to any new music, but they don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

85721706.jpg

59564508.jpg

24156499.jpg

I'm the one with the black GNR tee :lol:

Edited by ManetsBR

What's the buzz like for a new GNR album in your area? I'm not talking about 'forum buzz', but interest from the rest of the outside world such as your local media, radio, friends, family, co-workers, etc.

It seems like where I live in North Florida that's all everyone is talking about. Just the other day, Sweet Child O Mine was playing on the radio at work and a female co-worker mentioned how she wished GNR was still together and releasing new music. I informed her that they are still together and that they have been touring the world for the past 5 years or so. She giggled a little bit, but I'm not exactly sure why?

Is anyone else experiencing positive buzz about the band and their upcoming new album in your area?

HAHAHAHHHHAAAA oohhh this kills me... All my friends are planning on lining up when the album drops at midnight ( if they can get out of the nursing home without getting caught(fucken original fans) . Hell I cant even go to the bar without the topic of GNR's new album coming out dominating the conversation. Turn on the radio and its GNR's Allthe hits all the time. In a staff meeting just the other day we all stood up and sang Welcome to the Jungle with my secretary doing the serpentine dance on the conference table. At church last Sunday, the pastor warned the parents against the vile and evil music that would snatch thier childrens soul away from them when GNR's new music came out. Warned the fathers to lock up thier daughters when GNR came to town lest they be led astray into a den of sin and whoredom. The mayor of my city is planning a parade and plans to turn the keys to the city over to AXL when they get here. Talk is that there will be a shutdown of schools and businessess that day when GNR new album drops so everyone can stay home and listen to it. Best Buy has hired on riot police for crowd control to regulate the anticipated crowds that will push and shove thier way in to get a copy. In Denver it was revealed that the local stadium could not hold capacity crowds demand for the anticipated opening night of the tour! Talk is that there will be 4 more shows added on the first leg of the tour with 4 more at a later date!!! Tattoo parlours are running out of ink because of the vast amounts of people getting GNR's new logo tattooed on them. Those banging hot 80's chicks that are now 40-50 something are digging through thier parents attics looking for their leather bras and panties....All this because GNR is coming out with a new album!!!

Guest bellastar2355

>>>The buzz here in Brazil is very big. There are campaigns on Twitter everyday and at least once a week the GNR fans gather on a São Paulo public park to talk about GNR and protest for a new album. This was yesterday:

lockquote>

hahaha yeah, sure.

But seriously now, I went to a GNR cover last week, and the place was absolutely packed, everyone sang ChiDem songs as well, and I met some NuGNR fans who said they were looking forward to listen to any new music, but they don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

85721706.jpg

59564508.jpg

24156499.jpg

I'm the one with the black GNR tee :lol:

That's awesome... were they a good cover band?

Yes, they were awesome. Their setlist was exactly like the Appetite For Democracy Tour, and sometimes "Slash" would change his top hat for a KFC bucket, but I can't find any pictures of that.

That's awesome... were they a good cover band?

When I saw them at the UCAP Orlando show they were.

:lol:

What's happening? Did GNR cut your paychecks?

I like this BBA better.

Edited by ManetsBR

Where I live: "Oh... do you remember that band, GnR I think they were called? -No. - Yes, they were pretty huge in the early90s, I wonder what happened to them since that time. - I still don't know who you're talking about."

Camon, everybody knows the Guns N' Roses name.

Here and if the person is under 25 is unlikely that they know the band if rock music is not their thing. Trust me. Most of my friends had never heard about it... until they met me.

Camon, everybody knows the Guns N' Roses name.

Yep same here in 'little' Portugal....(classic) Gn'R still gets played and talked about on the radio all the time.

Gn'R will probably always be huge in most countries - unfortunately not as huge as Bon Jovi any more - at least in my country... :tongue2: