What's the buzz like for a new GNR album in your area?

BBA

The Associated Press reported that the GNR beach towel was the most popular towel at Spring Break this year. And Axl has been spotted hanging out with Leonardo DiCaprio in New York and is reportedly looking into buying a tiger. Anticipation for a new album is currently at a fever pitch!

Edited by Randy Lahey

What's the buzz like for a new GNR album in your area? I'm not talking about 'forum buzz', but interest from the rest of the outside world such as your local media, radio, friends, family, co-workers, etc.

It seems like where I live in North Florida that's all everyone is talking about. Just the other day, Sweet Child O Mine was playing on the radio at work and a female co-worker mentioned how she wished GNR was still together and releasing new music. I informed her that they are still together and that they have been touring the world for the past 5 years or so. She giggled a little bit, but I'm not exactly sure why?

Is anyone else experiencing positive buzz about the band and their upcoming new album in your area?

Nearly spit up water all over my screen laughing at this. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

hm, well lets see here...

1. I don't go out much and when I do it's wearing a hat and sunglasses and always under dark tinted windows in my car and I avoid large crowds and if too many people start looking at me while I'm in a store I leave so, no I don't hang around record stores long enough or anywhere long enough to hear anything GNR related.

2. I never speak to those I work with-don't hang out with any of them and when GNR comes on the radio if anything is said I'm pretty much not there to hear it and am not around to give updated information on the band.

3. I don't have any girlfriends or any friends to hang out with and prefer to be happily alone and content doing my own thing so...

Nope, no buzz here coming from the social anxiety ridden recluse. :rofl-lol:

I wish I had a life like yours.

hm, well lets see here...

1. I don't go out much and when I do it's wearing a hat and sunglasses and always under dark tinted windows in my car and I avoid large crowds and if too many people start looking at me while I'm in a store I leave so, no I don't hang around record stores long enough or anywhere long enough to hear anything GNR related.

2. I never speak to those I work with-don't hang out with any of them and when GNR comes on the radio if anything is said I'm pretty much not there to hear it and am not around to give updated information on the band.

3. I don't have any girlfriends or any friends to hang out with and prefer to be happily alone and content doing my own thing so...

Nope, no buzz here coming from the social anxiety ridden recluse. :rofl-lol:

Xanax

I have noticed quite a few GNR shirts over the last year or two. Not real tour ones more the rock nostalgia fashion ones. Mostly worn by people under 25. Not sure what this says, I am in the UK.

Funny, I've noticed a similar thing where I'm from in southern NY.

He's buying a tiger! I expect big things to come from that.

Word on the street is.......nothing. :lol:

If Axl wants to create a buzz right now, he'll have to bitch slap someone or maybe bite another leg again.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I can't think of the last time ANY CD had a buzz? In the day and age of downloading songs, individually as well as complete, who the fuck waits for a CD release anymore? People dont line up at record stores anymore. BBA's posts give me cancer. He is so sour it is hilarious. I get his schtick and he has a few lemmings who give him a tug once in a while, but this is not 1988, and MTV does not post concert dates in between Billy Squier videos anymore.

Music does not buzz, films still create a buzz, cat videos, and epic fail vids, but music is secondary or even tertiary to even blu-ray releases of 90's pop culture movies, or animated movies. Amanda Bynes tweets = Buzz, Rock n Roll music, umm, no.

Wow, BBA, your're so edgy and so Rad!

Edited by Gunzen

0 BUZZ, no one talks about GNR anymore... To most people in Portugal GNR ended in 1993. Most people that go to the shows in Portugal is to see Axl and the whole nostalgia thing.

I can't believe there's actually gatherings in Brazil or even Florida about a new GNR record. That's insane!

It would never happen here.

Guest NGOG

So BBA has went from subtle to open trolling now? No there is no visual or verbal 'buzz' for a GNR album where I live, or any album for that matter. Unfortunately, music simply isn't that important to most people.