If no new album is released in the foreseeable future, what member would be the first to leave?

HORA_FITTA

We all know that one of the contributing factors to Buckethead leaving was that things weren't moving quickly enough for him in terms of music getting released, and in recent times we have seen current new gnr band members express their impatience of wanting to get music out (most notably Bumblefoot)

my question is,

if no new music is planned for release in the next 1-3 years, who do you think would be the first to leave?

Dj? he seems to enjoy keeping busy and he has sixx am to go to and all his other 'endeavors' ...

Bumblefoot? he has just in the last few years, realized that nothing much is happening so he's turned his main focus on releasing songs, doing guitar lessons on skype, flogging hot sauce etc

4tus? he has a new band that he is in now and seems to be having loads of fun writing and recording with them

thoughts?

but I think bumblefoot wants to feature on the next album so desperately and help write some songs and get song credits so badly that he would wait years and years for it. On the other hand, DJ seems more of a fly-in-fly-out kinda dude who jumps from one thing or another, musical aspirations don't seem to be his main priority, get that swag out dog!

Nobodies going anywhere on their own or they already would have. You think bumble could make gnr money on his own efforts? No fucking way. It's a steady check and none of these clowns have the integrity or monetary security to leave.

Edited by drtydane

I don't think anyone will leave. It seems to me they're all happy and enjoying how things are. If Axl already now knows he's most likely not releasing another album, I think he will tour for a couple more years and then retire (or do something else).

I don't think he will tour forever knowing there's no new music coming ever again.

So I think we've narrowed it down to Bumblefoot and Dj. out of the two, I see bumblefoot leaving first HOWEVER if dj's new songs that he's written really takes off and sixx am become hugely popular, he may abandon the gnr ship before the ship ever officially set sail

Dj is going no where.

He LOVES being the GNR guitarist. Since his image and Ashba Swag are all that are really important to him, he is perfectly content to keep using GNR for marketing purposes for as long as Axl will have him.

Ron seems far less interested in the "look at me everyone, I'm a GNR guitarist" aspect of life in the band than DJ.

I think he has held on for a while to keep stocking cash away, so that when he feels financially in a good place going forward he will be out on the first ticket home to actually get back to making music.

Getting the GNR gig was like a lottery ticket in that it provides a good income to hopefully allow him to do the things he would really like to going forward.

Ron will be gone before DJ.

if Bumblefoot gets relegated to just a touring guitarist for Axl's long term vision, and he has 0 input in song writing or song contributions, then I agree, Ron will be the first to leave. He seems really restless about wanting his music on the next new gnr album, and if the next album doesn't feature his song contributions/ideas then he will leave no doubt!

I don't think the others are too bothered either way as regards new music but for BBF and DJ it is a tough call, they both seem to care about writing and recording. There might be times they want to jump ship but it's a bit like opting out of your workplace lottery syndicate. Do you really want to risk it because you just never know.....

I think they're all financially set for life. If DJ left GnR or if BBF left the band, it's not like they'd starve. So to me, the whole "they stay because it's a steady paycheck" thing makes no sense. It´s not like they´re only making $3 an hour.

We all know that one of the contributing factors to Buckethead leaving was that things weren't moving quickly enough for him in terms of music getting released, and in recent times we have seen current new gnr band members express their impatience of wanting to get music out (most notably Bumblefoot) my question is, if no new music is planned for release in the next 1-3 years, who do you think would be the first to leave? Dj? he seems to enjoy keeping busy and he has sixx am to go to and all his other 'endeavors' ... Bumblefoot? he has just in the last few years, realized that nothing much is happening so he's turned his main focus on releasing songs, doing guitar lessons on skype, flogging hot sauce etc 4tus? he has a new band that he is in now and seems to be having loads of fun writing and recording with them thoughts?

BBF or Ashba

BBF spoked his discontentment about the lack of new music in a few interviews

Ashba is not the "i'm touring for 10 years without a new album" guy.

He still got his chance to promote himself in other bands, lol

Edited by Crash Diet

Nobodies going anywhere on their own or they already would have. You think bumble could make gnr money on his own efforts? No fucking way. It's a steady check and none of these clowns have the integrity or monetary security to leave.

I'm not a typical Axl nutswinger or the new band fan type poster, but your post is rude, man.

I bet they're make more money when they do nothing, than you, assclown

Edited by Crash Diet

I think they're all financially set for life. If DJ left GnR or if BBF left the band, it's not like they'd starve. So to me, the whole "they stay because it's a steady paycheck" thing makes no sense. It´s not like they´re only making $3 an hour.

Yeah but it seems like they also enjoy living an expensive lifestyle, which requires a steady income.

Except your $3 an hour thing makes no sense and isn't a valid comparison.

A more valid comparision would be:

Touring the world, playing in front of 5,000-to-25,000 fans a night, getting your name (brand) out there and making $500,000 a year.

OR

Being a session musician, releasing your own solo albums that don't sell, playing club gigs in front of 250 people, giving music lessons and making $50,000 a year.

I'm completely guessing on the dollar amounts. But I think it would be safe to assume BBF is making 10 times more by working with GnR than he would be as a solo act.

He is going to make as much money in five years with GnR as he would working his entire career without them. To say that these guys aren't motivated by money is just silly.

I wonder if Slash is going to make more money as lead guitarist of Bon jovi then when he was in gnr?Also if bumblefoot leaves does anyone think he would join Bon jovi?And finally does anyone think Slash would quit Bon jovi if bumble joined because it might be awkward for him?

I wonder if Slash is going to make more money as lead guitarist of Bon jovi then when he was in gnr?Also if bumblefoot leaves does anyone think he would join Bon jovi?And finally does anyone think Slash would quit Bon jovi if bumble joined because it might be awkward for him?

What? Is Slash actually joining Bon Jovi's band or something?

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Dj is going no where.

He LOVES being the GNR guitarist. Since his image and Ashba Swag are all that are really important to him, he is perfectly content to keep using GNR for marketing purposes for as long as Axl will have him.

Ron seems far less interested in the "look at me everyone, I'm a GNR guitarist" aspect of life in the band than DJ.

I think he has held on for a while to keep stocking cash away, so that when he feels financially in a good place going forward he will be out on the first ticket home to actually get back to making music.

Getting the GNR gig was like a lottery ticket in that it provides a good income to hopefully allow him to do the things he would really like to going forward.

Ron will be gone before DJ.

DJ is the worst for it yes but he is also not the only one to use GN'R's name for his own benefit.