What would have been a better name to NewGNR?

ManetsBR

I know what bothers a lot of people - including me at a certain level - is that when Axl gathered a new band on the late 90s, he decided to still use the Guns N' Roses name, despite being a completely different band. In you opinion, what would have been a better name for Axl's new band?

I remember a couple of years ago Steven Adler said it should have been called W.A.R.

I like Rose N' The Gunners or Rose N' The Guns. New Guns isn't band. What are your thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should've done what Ozzy did after Sabbath, tour under his own name. The name "Axl Rose" could be as huge as "Guns N' Roses" if he had started really working on it in 1999.

it should have been called W.A.R.

Not a bad idea, actually.

But it wouldn't make any difference to the music which in the end is what matters to me.

Edited by Jeez

it should have been called W.A.R.

Not a bad idea, actually.

But it wouldn't make any difference to the music which in the end is what matters to me.

To me neither, but for most people it matters a lot.

He should've done what Ozzy did after Sabbath, tour under his own name. The name "Axl Rose" could be as huge as "Guns N' Roses" if he had started really working on it in 1999.

I agree.

Edited by ManetsBR

I know what bothers a lot of people - including me at a certain level - is that when Axl gathered a new band on the late 90s, he decided to still use the Guns N' Roses name, despite being a completely different band. In you opinion, what would have been a better name for Axl's new band?

I remember a couple of years ago Steven Adler said it should have been called W.A.R.

I like Rose N' The Gunners or Rose N' The Guns. New Guns isn't band. What are your thoughts?

Axl

this Edited by Crash Diet

Knowing now what Axl's plans were for the band, he had to keep the name Guns n Roses. It has allowed him to sell a lot more tickets to shows, especially overseas. So financially speaking it was the smart thing for Axl to do.

Edited by Groghan

maybe in 1993. Axl Rose was a dead brandname by 1999.

No. His years of silence only helped to build the hype on his name. The Axl Rose name was still huge on 1999.

maybe in Brazil? I don't think Axl Rose was anything close to huge in the rest of the world.