New forum section idea?

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Just a suggestion, would like to hear feedback from others too but I think it would be good if a a section was dedicated to gnr mixes and gnr remixes,

We could have one stipulation that all remixes/mixes should be uploaded to soundcloud at the minimum to deal with the copyright infringment issues that always take place on youtube, and if people want to post videos to accompany the music, it would be recommended to use vimeo or something similar, as we all know too well that uzi suicidal always take it upon themselves to have the music removed

It could be called 'My GnR Remixes' or something like that, if an entire section is out of the question, probably a subsection in the audio subsection of downloads (so it's really a sub-sub section :rofl-lol: ) but I don't really think that would elicit much awareness for the songs

I think this would be a good idea because:

1# this is a music forum after all

2# when mixes are posted in the general discussion, they are lost/forgotten about once they move to page 2 and this is particularly more likely when there are gnr news stories (even though that is unlikely at present :awesomeface: )

what do you all think?

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

well taste is subjective, a lot of people ,including myself liked evaders BITW mix, some didn't

i think the quality of mixes from the gnr community has increased recently, obviously evader's threads wouldn't be buried because the guy makes good mixes that generate a lot of discussion and appreciation.

Not to mention the likelihood that the staff doesn't want to promote using the (technically illegal to possess) multitracks to make (thus, technically illegal) remixes.

I don't know what the legality/illegality issues are, but that's more my worry than whether people would use it. I think good vs. bad remixes would work themselves out as Gunns said with the good ones generating discussion. And bad ones would provide humor.

Guest Gunns

I dont think having remixes where its obvious that it's been created with the isolated stems, is the same as putting up the links to download or otherwise, of the isolated stems in their original form...

Many websites/forums feature remixes where they have been created using isolated stems either leaked from sound engineers or through other means such as rockband, and they haven't really had an issue. I am mainly talking about the beatles but i'm sure there are other cases

and I think it would be more productive (not to mention quality) discussion where other audiophiles can discuss music and reappropriating gnr tracks to create some cool shit, then say the attitude section, not that i'm knocking the attitude section but you can see my point...

Edited by Gunns

Guest Gunns

the subforum would be ideally in the section of the mygnr remixes i think, but obviously i want other peoples opinions and more importantly the mods, people would be more likely to create mixes and remixes if they know they have a specific platform on mygnr where others also post...

Guest Gunns

Even if it some threads go 'unused' I think it would still be great to have as a reference point for all mixes, like you could just cycle through each thread watching a different mix and then if one interests you, you leave a comment.. kinda like a mygnr-thread remix playlist

Gunns, I really like the idea of GNR mixers having their own place, but don't think I'd want it to be part of this or any GNR forum. I'm afraid either 1) GNRSkid is right that it would go unused (assuming it would be buried as a sub-section) , or 2) it would become saturated by 100s of different mixers uploading their "Better" remix. There isn't anything wrong with that, but after hearing 5 or 10 of them, who is going to want to keep listening to them? Many posts would never receive a single response.

But I would be very interested in creating a place for mixers to share ideas, tips, mixes, etc., where each mix would have its own page, could be reviewed, updated, rated....developed... with help from other members. People could discuss software, editing techniques, and things like that as well. Maybe if a mix was particularly well-received there, then it could be presented here, and the separate mixing community could come here and show its support for it.