This is utter shit

bacardimayne

Click here to observe the horseshit

Seriously, what the fuck is that? So because of some "cupcake activity" in the thread, the thread for one of the few things actually going on in GNR world is closed and we're just supposed to refrain from discussing it until more news comes out? You do realize that by closing that thread, you may have given the cupcakes what they wanted? Perhaps a better alternative would have been punishing the individuals who were shitting up the thread instead of just blocking discussion on one of the few current events in the GNR world? Very shitty moderating. Just my two cents.

And no, I'm not implying that there's anything more to talk about in regards to the DVD, but it still sets a bad precedent when threads about current events are closed simply because of cupcakes.

Edited by bacardimayne

It was closed because we had tried multiple times to have people leave it alone but they just kept coming back with bullshit posts.

Unfortunately, the number of people shitting in the thread outweighed the number of people who actually wanted to "discuss" it. There's no sense in trying to keep the individuals out in that case, so for the time being, whether you think so or not, that was the best thing to do.

Completely agree with OP.

I'm not even sure what "cupcake activity" in the thread was so objectionable.

You must not have seen the last page or two before we deleted it all.

There were disgusting posts intended to attack rock fuel, a company that posted here with good intent.

There was a cupcake campaign from one (now banned...not by me) member that went on for pages.

There were continual cupcake posts from the same people who try to fuck this place up day in and day out, right up to the day that the thread was temporarily locked.

If the OP had tried using PM instead of starting another call-out thread (which admins have asked to cease) he would have discovered that the mod team have been having first year review conversations. One of the conversations being, how to best deal with the out of control trolling in the D+N section. A section that, at launch, was clearly implemented (by the new owner no less} as a section for fans of nuGnR to discuss the band they like, without hassle.

So, instead of letting certain people continue taking a dump in that thread, it was cleaned up (out of fairness to Rock Fuel) and temporarily closed until we finalise decisions as to how we move forward as of the one year mark, one area of concern, dealing with the escalating problems of cupcake activity at hand.

Once that has happened, the temporary lock will be lifted.

Trolling and being skeptical aren't necessarily the same thing. I think it is perfectly reasonable for fans to believe that this blu ray will never officially be released based on New GNR's track record.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Trolling and being skeptical aren't necessarily the same thing. I think it is perfectly reasonable for fans to believe that this blu ray will never officially be released based on New GNR's track record.

truth be told a lot of the people in that thread dont give a shit if it is released or not, if it is released all they will do is bitch piss and moan about it one way or another. all they want to do is get their little digs in to stir shit up.

Edited by bran

I didn't see what was deleted, so I can't really comment on that "cupcake activity."

I think it would be unwise and unfair if you disallow negative opinions in the D&N section. One can be both a fan of the band and seriously disappointed with the current state of the band. These are not mutually exclusive positions like some here would have us believe.

I didn't see what was deleted, so I can't really comment on that "cupcake activity."

I think it would be unwise and unfair if you disallow negative opinions in the D&N section. One can be both a fan of the band and seriously disappointed with the current state of the band. These are not mutually exclusive positions like some here would have us believe.

of course you can be disappointed in the current state of the band. their is a big difference between being disappointed and expressing yourself and shit stirring to get a rise out of people.

problem is these people will continue to do this shit in the D&N section, then when the mods lay down the law, they cry, piss and moan and go to other forums or go on their status updates about how the mods are nazis and all kinds of shit. what it is in reality is they are children who cannot get their way.

problem with locking a thread like this is the cupcakes get what they want.

A lot of those comments that got deleted, weren't really of warrant to be deleted, I'm not saying there weren't some shit stirring stuff, but some of you are just some sensitive Sally sundresses, seriously.

:lol:

A lot of those comments that got deleted, weren't really of warrant to be deleted, I'm not saying there weren't some shit stirring stuff, but some of you are just some sensitive Sally sundresses, seriously.

:lol:

i would agree with that as well.

Guest NGOG

Cena has went heel again. Seriously, let's all await the conclusions of the year review MyGNR have been conducting. There's some smart guys in there I'm confident they can come up with a reasonable solution to the D&N Crisis.

I support the mods' decision.

I know they are working hard right now to figure out what to do about the trolling that ruins the D&N and as mentioned we have no updates from RF.

You cupcake harder than anyone else on this forum(excluding that one poster with million of accounts).

What has ruined D&N(as if it is truly "ruined") is the lack of news. Had you been around here before CD like most older fans, you'd know that when nothing is going on, people find other ways to kill their time here.

I know they are working hard right now to figure out what to do about the trolling that ruins the D&N and as mentioned we have no updates from RF.

You cupcake harder than anyone else on this forum(excluding that one poster with million of accounts).

What has ruined D&N(as if it is truly "ruined") is the lack of news. Had you been around here before CD like most older fans, you'd know that when nothing is going on, people find other ways to kill their time here.

you have a whole section called "attitude" to do that.

you have a whole section called "attitude" to do that.

nah bruh. Just because someone isn't kissing ass, it doesn't mean they're trolling. If people want a section of pure positivity and hugs, mygnr was never and probably will never be the place for it.

Nothing is going on but the same old tired touring. It's only natural for people to become jaded. You can ban every single "cupcake" today and in a weeks time, you'll have more people tired of the same stuff. Until there's an album or anything different, creating an Attitude section is only the designated trash can. I like the idea but once it was used as a dump site for topics, the section pretty much became a ghost town.

If the mods want D&N to be "positivity only," then say so. No more hinting. Just tell people that they want nothing but ass kissing.

So many times a certain poster recently in this topic likes to tell people that dare criticize current members that they are in the wrong forum. Where's the memo that D&N is for pussy footing and walking on eggshells?

Edited by Rustycage

:lol: Rustycages signature

Yes he needs the attention

More attacks and derailment? FFS, give it a rest!

Not an attack at all. Are you hurt bro?

jman2000 gets a free derailment pass because he has his tongue up your ass? (it rhymes lol)

Fuck off hypocrite