If the nugnr brand continues to sink in value, should axl consider legally acquiring a more popular band's name?

HisRoyalSweetness

If nugnr keeps having to move in the direction of more 'intimate' shows and can rely less and less on tours to fill the coffers, do you think axl should consider legally acquiring the name and brand of another, more popular band? Imagine the revenue possibilities if got the exclusive rights to a band name like U2 or Bon Jovi, who despite sucking, are able to make lots of money from tours. he wouldn't have to tour with that actual bam though. H could replace all the members with the current nugnr line up, preserving the magical formula he's finally perfected

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

that's a great idea, but i'm sure he's already thinking about it (there are several big names that are not being used, what a waste : led zeppelin, the beatles, etc.)

axl is a genius and a visionary. all the incredible things he accomplished in the last 15 years have proven so.

Just thought of an interesting example of name ownership. There is a British girl band called The Sugababes who were fairly big in the last decade or so. One by one over about 10 years all the original members left and were replaced then eventually the original three members all got together and called themselves some variation on the original name despite the other band still going. I think there was a bit of a hoo hah made about it because I think the name of the band was always owned by the management or label hence why they kept just replacing members.

Not entirely relevant I know but it just popped into my head and I thought I would share.

Just thought of an interesting example of name ownership. There is a British girl band called The Sugababes who were fairly big in the last decade or so. One by one over about 10 years all the original members left and were replaced then eventually the original three members all got together and called themselves some variation on the original name despite the other band still going. I think there was a bit of a hoo hah made about it because I think the name of the band was always owned by the management or label hence why they kept just replacing members.

Not entirely relevant I know but it just popped into my head and I thought I would share.

yeah that is pretty cool.

you would think bands with zero original members would be ultra rare, but there are quite a few.

yeah that is pretty cool.

you would think bands with zero original members would be ultra rare, but there are quite a few.

There's a Christian band that started in 1999-ish and had a moderately successful debut. By the time they released their second studio album, they had zero original members.