Open Letter

ManetsBR

Well I suppose legally it is 'GN'R' but none of these, hacks (I cannot qualify them as artists), contributed a single note to the discography and remain content to play songs written by other line-ups (1985-93, and, 1998-2004). The 1985-93 'Guns N' Roses' released albums - albums therefore are important for any band that thinks it is 'Guns N' Roses'. Why doesn't the 2009-13 band release albums?

Uhm, you heard of Chinese Democracy? Most current band members contributed numerous notes to that record which is -- and hold on to your hat -- part of GN'R's discography.

The current lineup hasn't released any records yet because Axl has preferred to tour. They are active touring, and hopefully when that ends, they will focus on writing and releasing music. Just like most other bands.

As I've already stated, you are certainly entitled to pretend that GNR still exists if it makes you feel better.

The only ones who are pretending would be those that refuse to accept that there is actually a band out there touring under the name of Guns N' Roses. You know, those guys who think that a band name is irrevocably related to either specific lineups or type of music. Those guys who are so emotionally connected to particular lineups and band members that they can't comprehend how things could go on without them and have to go "nananananana!" with their fingers in their ears whenever they hear about the band actually carrying on without discarding the name out of respect to their personal feelings.
Oh, I'm well aware that there is a band out there calling themselves Guns N Roses. I believe that band consists of Fat Axl and a group of hacks who weren't capable of finding their own success. Just because Fat Axl and his hacks are legally allowed to present themselves as Guns N Roses doesn't make them any more GNR to myself or the other ninety some % of the fanbase who realizes that that band broke up back in the 90s but Axl refused to accept it. Get me?

Please don't assume to know where I stand in terms of what is and isn't Guns n Roses. I will tell you that I prefer the Appetite lineup to any other. Doesn't mean this lineup isn't GnR. Because it is, and you haven't accepted that yet. Sorry.

Actually, they AREN'T Guns N Roses. Unless you are soley talking about legalities here. Like I said though, this is a free country, and if pretending is your thing, by all means please feel free to continue.
Again, you are the one who pretend something isn't called what it is actually, literally called. You are free to dislike what has happened to GN'R, but being so disappointed that you refuse to call it by its name is just childish ;). It is not up for me or you to decide on the name of something no matter how irate we might be. I can dislike what has happened in USA since the 18th century, but that doesn't give me the empowerment to rename the country to something else. It is still USA and that is completely outside my control. Failing to realize such things reminds me of the process my kids go through when they too have to come to terms with the fact that there are things in the world which they have no power over. They to make childish decisions, like refusing to acknowledge the existence of things they dislike.
Well said.

Of course you think it was well said. He likes pretending like you do. You two should get a room and role play. Might be some chemistry there.

So Guns broke up, your band doesn't exist anymore. They're not getting back together, there's no news about that band anymore. Why post here then? Your not a fan of this lineup of Guns.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bellastar2355

Oh god not this debate again...

Oh wow coming from someone who picks on Bumblefoot... thought you would enjoy it :)

They are talking shit about the new band... doesn't that make you happy?

Not when I've already been apart of this little war about 30 times already. These reruns should be sold to syndication.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining the bumble debacle again either. That's mainly just the cry babies crying about how the truth ain't to their liking.

Guest bellastar2355

Not when I've already been apart of this little war about 30 times already. These reruns should be sold to syndication.

I'm not even gonna bother explaining the bumble debacle again either. That's mainly just the cry babies crying about how the truth ain't to their liking.

You're right... just us cry babies not accepting the changes in the band..it's not like Slash has his own band or anything

Hey Manets,

I have to say that I understand and I share some of your feelings.

If you don't mind, let me try to help you, somehow ...

You need to understand that if, after more than 20 years (with GN'R out of the mainstream), you still have this kind of passion for this band and you suffer the way you do, you should see it as an "addiction". If at some point this "addiction" absorbs your life, makes you suffer, or if it causes you any kind of problems, you have to solve it by yourself.

Anyway, you are not alone in this. Despite most of the time people is here to attack each other, this place should also serve for people support each other and to share share what they feel for band.

Yes, some of us are still using our illusion, although we were told to lose it, 20 years ago.

Axl told us to leave it ... he didn't asked us to be here, now, waiting for things, demanding things ... so it seems useless to ask for it ... it's useless to ask him to keep feeding your "addiction". Can you understand the nonsense this is?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm just trying to help you to understand things as they are. Again, I share your feelings ... and I know what I'm talking about.

Of course you can continue to ask things and live frustrated with it. Or you can just give up. Or you can give it all and ask for no return.

1241414199921_f.jpg

Edited by GUNNER PT

Guest bellastar2355

In that pic with the dolphin he looks very similar to current (or at least 2010) Axl. Maybe he hasn't aged as bad as people like to make out.

Haha yes good eye :D

You're right... just us cry babies not accepting the changes in the band..it's not like Slash has his own band or anything

That's not what I was alluding to at all.

Like I said I don't have the time nor incentive to participate in this debacle yet again. But why are you jumping on my dick all the sudden?

Hey Manets,

I have to say that I understand and I share some of your feelings.

If you don't mind, let me try to help you, somehow ...

You need to understand that if, after more than 20 years (with GN'R out of the mainstream), you still have this kind of passion for this band and you suffer the way you do, you should see it as an "addiction". If at some point this "addiction" absorbs your life, makes you suffer, or if it causes you any kind of problems, you have to solve it by yourself.

Anyway, you are not alone in this. Despite most of the time people is here to attack each other, this place should also serve for people support each other and to share share what they feel for band.

Yes, some of us are still using our illusion, although we were told to lose it, 20 years ago.

Axl told us to leave it ... he didn't asked us to be here, now, waiting for things, demanding things ... so it seems useless to ask for it ... it's useless to ask him to keep feeding your "addiction". Can you understand the nonsense this is?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to discourage you. I'm just trying to help you to understand things as they are. Again, I share your feelings ... and I know what I'm talking about.

Of course you can continue to ask things and live frustrated with it. Or you can just give up. Or you can give it all and ask for no return.

1241414199921_f.jpg

That was by a mile the best post on this topic. Thank you so much. I really apreciate your words.