GNR Likely To Play Ottawa Bluesfest

izzy92

They should drop the S and call it Bluefest. It's not "Labatt Blues" anyway it's "Labatt Blue" so it would make sense and make it less confusing to casual festival types who see the name pop up.

Now the big question, will there be other Canadian shows... I'd love to see a solo Ampitheatre show in Toronto. And they could do something like Oshawa or Kitchener if they want to hit markets they haven't done before (not to mention Victoria out in B.C.). I really wish canucks would do the festival thing more. We don't even seem to be getting HeavyTO this year.

Molson Amphitheatre has a very strict 11pm curfue so not sure they'd go for it. More flexibility at the ACC (or a smaller indoor venue).

It can't be that strict considering KISS played until 11:30 back in 2010. Since Axl's been doing good with time, a 9:00 start for Guns would still give a two and a half hour show.

They should drop the S and call it Bluefest. It's not "Labatt Blues" anyway it's "Labatt Blue" so it would make sense and make it less confusing to casual festival types who see the name pop up.

Now the big question, will there be other Canadian shows... I'd love to see a solo Ampitheatre show in Toronto. And they could do something like Oshawa or Kitchener if they want to hit markets they haven't done before (not to mention Victoria out in B.C.). I really wish canucks would do the festival thing more. We don't even seem to be getting HeavyTO this year.

There is no HeavyTO this year.

I hope there is a more comprehensive Canadian tour. Else just get off the road and put out some new music!

It's called Bluesfest because the primary sponser used to be Labatt's Blue, not because it's a blues festival. This confused me (As well as most bands I've seen at Bluesfest) for years.

:lol:

Weird and interesting at the same time. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

It's called Bluesfest because the primary sponser used to be Labatt's Blue, not because it's a blues festival. This confused me (As well as most bands I've seen at Bluesfest) for years.

:lol:

Weird and interesting at the same time. Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.

No problem. Maiden had a lot of fun with it the first time they played there, Bruce kept going on about how they're not a blues band :tongue2: