THE REPLACEMENTS WILL HEADLINE RIOTFEST!

axlslash

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely think twice about taking Momma Powerage to the barrier at this gig P5. :tongue2:

Who said anything about the barrier at this one? Fuck that, I saw what it was like for Iggy & The Stooges at Yonge and Dundas :lol:

That was insane!

I suspect this will be worse.

I'd definitely think twice about taking Momma Powerage to the barrier at this gig P5. :tongue2:

Who said anything about the barrier at this one? Fuck that, I saw what it was like for Iggy & The Stooges at Yonge and Dundas :lol:

I don't do the barrier at punk shows, ever. No exceptions.

Agreed, unless the venue is empty. I was at a Street Dogs gig with like 100 or 150 other people, and took the barrier there. Saw the Dropkick Murphys in a packed club, was like 10th or 15th in line to get in, and went straight for the balcony. Not taking any chances...

Agreed, unless the venue is empty. I was at a Street Dogs gig with like 100 or 150 other people, and took the barrier there. Saw the Dropkick Murphys in a packed club, was like 10th or 15th in line to get in, and went straight for the balcony. Not taking any chances...

The most punk-ish band I go for the barrier for is the Bosstones. They played to 300 people last month in Pittsburgh, and it was one of the roughest barriers I've ever been on still!

Yes, and when Soundgarden got back together, Matt Cameron told the rest of the band that his priority was still Pearl Jam even though Soundgarden was his first band and the band for which he initially gained recognition and any commercial success.

Ali

One major difference being Pearl Jam routinely writes, records, and releases music together with Matt Cameron and involves him in the day-to-day direction of the band - as opposed to just being expected to show up when beckoned by Eddie Vedder to play tours based solely on the Ten album, which he never appeared on and two or three songs he contributed to 8 years ago in the studio.

Exactly.

Ali tends to look at every situation through Rose colored glasses. Hopefully he will "understand" your explanation.

I'm glad for Tommy, at least now he will be playing music that he really likes.

I wish the best to The Replacements, hope the tour goes great and they decide to go back together full time, new albums and all that. So, Tommy has to quit Guns and Axl will have to FINALLY make some type of decision about the future of this band (no more Guns, a replacement for Tommy, someone good for a new album, Duff...)

Tommy said earlier in the year that his goal for 2013 was to see a Replacements record and GnR record get released.

Looks like everyone in GnR is doing their own thing this summer/fall after the final Canadian festival date(s).

Its actually good news for GnR fans that all of this is happening, as it looks like the touring is on hold. We already know that the next album is basically (or completely) done from a recording standpoint, so hopefully Axl will spend the rest of the year sorting through the business issues and finally getting the thing released.

The most punk-ish band I go for the barrier for is the Bosstones. They played to 300 people last month in Pittsburgh, and it was one of the roughest barriers I've ever been on still!

Watching the circle pit for DKM from above was amazing. Saw at least 5 people get concussions, and lots of crowd surfers kicked people in the head. I have no pain tolerance and had run a half marathon that morning. NFW I was fuckin with that stuff.

I still can't believe this Toronto gig is taking place at FORT YORK!!

This is quite the WTF! :lol:

Where is Fort York? I've never even heard of it...

Google it and have a read. You'll be scratching your head as to why a gig is happening there. Let alone this one. :lol:

I don't see Tommy leaving any time soon, but if he does, I don't know that I want Duff back. I love Loaded and would hate to see it get shelved.

IMO guys like Duff, Slash and Izzy no longer want to be part of such a huge juggernaut anymore. They would rather do their own little thing and take care of their families.

Tommy said earlier in the year that his goal for 2013 was to see a Replacements record and GnR record get released.

Looks like everyone in GnR is doing their own thing this summer/fall after the final Canadian festival date(s).

Its actually good news for GnR fans that all of this is happening, as it looks like the touring is on hold. We already know that the next album is basically (or completely) done from a recording standpoint, so hopefully Axl will spend the rest of the year sorting through the business issues and finally getting the thing released.

I think it's good news....no touring could mean new album being worked on.

Guest Len B'stard

are the replacements actually any good?

If you like punk rock, yes.

Thats not fair man, only their first two albums were really punk, as far as that old school sound thing goes.

Google it and have a read. You'll be scratching your head as to why a gig is happening there. Let alone this one. :lol:

:laugh:

So a bunch of punks are gonna wreak havoc on a historical site? :popcorn:

:laugh:

So a bunch of punks are gonna wreak havoc on a historical site? :popcorn:

That place has NO idea what they're in for! :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

You'd be suprised man, there's a lotta jumping about and that but gigs are pretty soft these days, even with your Iggys and what have you. Although Mr Osterberg waving his plonker about at a site of historical significance might raise an eyebrow or two if he's kindly enough to give it an airing :lol:

You'd be suprised man, there's a lotta jumping about and that but gigs are pretty soft these days, even with your Iggys and what have you. Although Mr Osterberg waving his plonker about at a site of historical significance might raise an eyebrow or two if he's kindly enough to give it an airing :lol:

You haven't been to an Iggy gig around here man.

You haven't been to an Iggy gig around here man.

QFT.

The Yonge & Dundas gig was literally the craziest thing I've ever seen.