Shouldn't we just be happy that Axl is happy?

TombRaider

Shouldn't we just be happy that Axl is happy?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, I was driving back home today, listening to CD, to the tracks I really enjoy at least, and I started to wonder if we, as fans, shouldn't just be happy that Axl Rose seems to be happy with what he's doing, even if it means that chances are we're not getting a new album or whatever.

Let's forget the classic lineup vs new lineup thing or the CD debate for a second and let's ask ourselves if we can just be happy for Axl. Can we just be happy with what we got, you know, AFD, the UYI albums, TSI, Lies, Live Era and CD.

Just curious...

You know, can't we just be happy for Axl for having found a surrogate family in Team Brazil? It's a well known fact that he had a difficult childhood. Maybe he did suffer more than we can imagine and maybe he's found the love he'd wanted all his life.

Maybe he is happy with Ashba and BBF and the rest of the band. Maybe he does secretly have fond memories of the old lineup, but maybe there's a lot of pain involved too and he just wants to be happy and maybe the new band just makes him feel that way.

I don't know...

It's just a thought.

Edited by TombRaider

I'm also a fan of the singer. I've never met the guy in my life. But I was just wondering if we're too demanding and too hard on Axl Rose. For instance, we all age, we all put on weight, but we don't have people making fun of us. It's not the point of the thread, but I'm just giving you an example. Maybe Axl is just enyoing his last years as a singer, the last part of his career and this is all we are going to get. From that point of view, I'm grateful for the amazing songs we have, yeah, even the ones on CD I like. :shrugs:

Edited by TombRaider

Yes, I've seen GNR 3 times in the past 3 years and all those times Axl was happy onstage and looked so comfortable there with this GNR.

I think being happy with his life shows onstage and helps Axl give better performances. I've never seen the original GNR and I'm sure there were happy times, but after all the drugs and drinking, I think by the end Axl was miserable and not very comfortable or confident.

We now know how burned out he was while writing UYI 1 and 2 and how he really didn't want to tour at the end.

Everyone deserves a little happiness in their lifetime and if Axl is happy with his life and career now, who are we to disagree with that?

Honestly don't care if he's happy or not. Mans an asshole, he's fuckin rich and doesn't care how I'm feeling. I like his music, and will pay to hear it, but as far as the mans feelings go.. No.

Also, I really don't think axl is happy deep down. May look it on the surface but I can't help but feel like there's sumthing missing there.

At least when he first came back he had swagger and vigor. I just don't see the. "Axl" in him like I always used to. Up to. 2006 anyways.

Edited by drtydane

it makes people angry to think of Axl as happy. it makes them want him to do what they want. it also makes them angry if he's sad because he's so rich. he could do what people want him to do but that would probably make him miserable and then people would hate him because he's spoilt. If you what makes you happy is making other people happy then you are very lucky. but then people would hate you because you're such a do gooder. Not everyone is going to like you so be yourself, or whichever self you can be.

If being very fat, out of shape and singing like utter shit means "being happy", well, good for Axl. After all these years of bitterness and hatred it was about time. :)

Sacrifices have to be made so that Axl can be on stage on time and doesn't get so stressed that he walks off stage after the 3rd song. He hasn't thrown a mic stand at a guitar tech in a while or stopped Chi Dem to chastise a fan for throwing bottles at him. Maybe if you get the old voice and rage back you get all the tantrums and toys coming out of the pram more often. In a 3 hour set I can accept peaks and troughs, let's just hope he doesn't have a heart attack on stage.