Saturday Night Live

Marc,

GNR is notably one of the only major bands in the past 30 years to never play on Saturday Night Live. Is there a reason for that?

Were they ever invited to play but turned it down?

Edited by TheSeeker

I really wish they did Mtv Unplugged. Especially in like 88~89 when Axls voice was prime.

The acoustic side of LIES is so awesome, musically and vocally, would have been great to capture that. Could have sold it as an album and video.

All their acoustic songs are excellent. The CBGB's show is a tease, still love it though.

I have some very vague thing (rumour, anecdote) in my head, about Axl wanting to do MTV Unplugged but Slash vetoing it??

But yes, if you want to hear the band unplugged the CBGBs boot is the place to go, besides the Fox Late Show and any boot from the Skin N' Bones tour where they did an acoustic set in the middle of their main show.

I remember hearing that SNL wouldn't have them on because they were afraid of profanity on live tv... even though to me, at least these days, the performances look pre-taped.

With regards to Unplugged... I think I actually remember Axl saying something like 'they won't be unplugging us"... maybe it was something he said after Nirvana did one..