Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron rumored for Star Wars: Episode VII

ManetsBR

Well, if this rumor is true then some fanboy somewhere is sure to have a conniption.

Latino-Review says director-producer J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm are eying Ryan Gosling and Zac Efron for roles in Star Wars: Episode VII. "As for what role Efron would be playing, we don’t know. He could be a Solo kid. But what I was told for sure is the Gosling went in for Skywalker’s son. Yes, that’s right Luke’s kid," claims the site.

drive_gosling_1280a-610x343.jpg

Just to make the rumor even bigger, Latino-Review claims the filmmakers met with Leonardo DiCaprio about a role in the film but that he's now bowed out of the running.

Latino-Review echoed Lucasfilm's recent denial of that rumor that Abrams is going to drop out of directing Episode VII.

Charlie-St.-Cloud-Zac-Efron2-610x405.jpg

Star Wars: Episode VII begins filming next year for a 2015 release.

Source

Ryan Gosling's representatives dispatched an email to the Huffington Post, in response to the claims of The Latino Review, saying This is not true.

Zac Efron's representatives however have not yet publicly responded to the rumour.

Edited by NGOG

I would prefer if they'd make stars through this Star Wars project instead of using already established Hollywoodites like Efron.

JJ Abrams makes mediocre schlock.

I liked his Star Trek

Don't listen to Randy, he has a peculiar acquired taste. Abrams' two Star Trek installments were great. He is the perfect candidate to direct Star Wars.

JJ Abarams is a sub par director.

That's unsurprising coming from you, the resident hipster. Two out of his three efforts as a film director have been commercially and critically great (even the elitists at Rotten Tomatoes gave stellar reviews to his Star Trek universe).

And people actually think this will be better than the prequels?

A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back would be difficult to top, obviously. But I'd imagine that Abrams, on the basis of his success with Star Trek, is more than capable of outdoing the modern trilogy if not rival the original.

Edited by NGOG

A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back would be difficult to top, obviously. But I'd imagine that Abrams, on the basis of his success with Star Trek, is more than capable of outdoing the modern trilogy if not rival the original.

If that happens, I'll eat my hat.

JJ Abarams is a sub par director.

That's unsurprising coming from you, the resident hipster. Two out of his three efforts as a film director have been commercially and critically great (even the elitists at Rotten Tomatoes gave stellar reviews to his Star Trek universe).

The critics also give crap like Iron Man, Thor and The Avengers favorable reviews. JJ Abrams is maybe one notch above Zakk Snyder. Expect a soulless middle of the road action film that makes a tonne of money.

Edited by Randy Lahey

If that happens, I'll eat my hat.

Who was that guy who ate a glove? Many years ago here.

I generally agree that most of JJ's stuff is shit, but I absolutely loved Cloverfield. I'd go as far as to call it the best monster movie I've seen.

Cloverfield wasn't bad, but I'd have preferred a traditional movie rather than more or less found footage.