Stephen King's "Under the Dome"

Watched the 3 shows I missed due to cable problems. Anyway, this show is really getting good. So many new developments and so many questions to be answered.

I wonder who the forth person will be to put their hand on the dome? I think it might be Jr., but you never know?

Anyway, so sad about some of the deaths on the show, but it happens.

I know I would go nuts being inside that dome and now knowing how long you will have food and water and the medicine is running out and no one can get inside the dome or out?

I don't like the show very much. I'm a big Stephen King fan. I have read the book and it is weird even by King standards. I realize it is hard to translate his work to the screen most of the time. It deviates a good bit from the book and the characters "don't match" so I couldn't really get into it. I think some of the best examples of his work on screen are the movies Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption. I heard Scyfy was going to make a TV series out of Eyes of the Dragon. Looking forward to it. One of my fav King books.

-Stefanie N.

I don't like the show very much. I'm a big Stephen King fan. I have read the book and it is weird even by King standards. I realize it is hard to translate his work to the screen most of the time. It deviates a good bit from the book and the characters "don't match" so I couldn't really get into it. I think some of the best examples of his work on screen are the movies Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption. I heard Scyfy was going to make a TV series out of Eyes of the Dragon. Looking forward to it. One of my fav King books.

-Stefanie N.

Yeah, I know King does go on his on in his books. I remember reading IT and thought it was way too long. I thought the tv movie was awesome. I also liked the movie version of The Dark Half, but any other King's books going into movies sometimes gets confusing. I mean The Shining? Wow!

I like this show a lot, but I do hope the series ends with a good ending. If it ends up in the air, I will hate it. I don't see anyone living if this dome doesn't go back up.

I'm wondering right now who the fourth hand will be on the little dome and what will happen when they all touch it?

I read the Cell and that book left you up in the air too. you never knew what or who was making people crazy through their cell phones? Unless I didn't understand it. lol I got bored by the end of the book and just wanted to read it quickly. If it did say who was behind it, then please tell me.

Anyway, this show ends in 3 weeks, so I really hope we get a good ending, unless the show comes back next season, then we'll all be up in the air. lol

Boy that Big Jim is one sick mother.

I can't believe how ruthless he really is. He just kills without any thought or regret.

I really wish the show was going to end because when I watch this show I feel like I'm stuck in that damn dome along with those people. lol

It looks like the dome is breaking up next week, but if the show comes back next season, I guess the dome will stay up.

I'm curious to see where the show will go? I mean will it still follow the SK book or will the writers go their own way like so many other shows have done based on books.

I just don't see how much longer they can drag this shit out. If the dome doesn't come down next ep, we're looking at an entire new season of the same town stuck under the same dome. They seem to be heading to a climax with the egg, so that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Also, Big Jim (the best character by far) is probably going to die. How are they going to keep people interested in the show when the only good actor is gone?

I think the "new town" theory might still hold true.

Edited by bacardimayne

They seemed to manage it with Lost. People can come back from the dead, it's crazy shit. The Egg could make Big Jim rise from the grave and whole mutant army of dead characters could come back to control the water tower. They need new chicks, hotter chicks. Lindsay Lohan is meant to be in Season 2.

They should have someone find a way in and out of the dome, but just observe for awhile.

I don't think the dome is coming down since there will be a season 2. I don't know how many storylines they can come up with and if Big Jim keeps killing people, he will be the only one left.

When is that stupid cop Linda going to get a clue? She is so annoying in believing every damn thing Jim tells her. Even Jr. knows his dad is lying.

You'll tune in to see if Jr. pulls the lever and you know it. :tongue2:

lol so true. If Barbie dies I definitely won't watch this show.

I really hate that cop Linda. What a stupid bitch! I was screaming when she touched the dome and got thrown across the room. She deserved it. She has no cop sense at all. It's whatever Big Jim says, she goes along with. And to stand there and watch a man being hanged in the street? WTF? That other guy should have stayed in the radio station and maybe Dodie wouldn't have been killed.

I bet Barbie is an undercover government agent and he was probably sent to Chester Mills to find out about the propane and drugs. Julia's stupid husband plotted his own death so she could get the insurance money because he was a loser.

I was hoping the dome would fall and kill most of those stupid people in that town. They are all sheep following the wolf, Big Jim, to their own slaughter.

Anyone else want to see the egg freak out and zap the whole fucking lot of them? :awesomeface:

lol yeah. I'm so disgusted I would agree with you.

When that alien told them the town was picked for an important reason, I was like WTF? Out of the whole world this is the town you pick to save if/when the world ends?

Boy those aliens must be very stupid.

I was hoping the show would end so we could see if the dome came down or up or whatever and to see Big Jim get his, but now we have to go through another season of all these horrible people trusting Jim and the stupidest police captain in the world just let him do whatever the hell he wants to do.

This whole show is fucking shit, plotholes and inconsistencies up the ass. I'll read the writeup on the season 2 premiere and laugh when they cop-out of killing Barbie.

Here's one I forgot: What happened to the outside of the dome being a nuclear wasteland following the nuke? Did they just rebuild the world outside of the dome over the course of a week?

Edited by bacardimayne