Stephen King's "Under the Dome"

CBS on Mondays. Episode... 6 I think? airs tonight.

The premise is basically... a small rural town is trapped under a mysterious, impenetrable force-field like dome. They're completely cut off from the rest of the world, and the show focuses on the problems of the people trapped inside. Some of the subplots are a bit on the ridiculous side, but it's still good fun.

The premise is basically... a small rural town is trapped under a mysterious, impenetrable force-field like dome. They're completely cut off from the rest of the world, and the show focuses on the problems of the people trapped inside. Some of the subplots are a bit on the ridiculous side, but it's still good fun.

I've already seen The Simpsions Movie. :lol:

I've already seen The Simpsions Movie. :lol:

Except he started the book long before The Simpsons existed.

I'd watch it, but I'd rather read the book first.

I heard it was renewed for a second season.

Edited by TygerStryke

I've been watching it and so far it's pretty good.

I read that the producers already have ideas for season 2 if the show is picked up for another season. I'm all for it, but then that means the dome won't be going anyway for awhile and I think it's going to get very annoying if there's no way out.

I like the lead guy, but that reporter is getting on my nerves. The congressman's son is totally nuts and now he is a cop! lol

I'm so glad that pastor is gone, he was so annoying.

I think the show is good and keeps your interest, but I know if they don't get out, it's going to annoy me after a time.

I've been watching it and so far it's pretty good.

I read that the producers already have ideas for season 2 if the show is picked up for another season. I'm all for it, but then that means the dome won't be going anyway for awhile and I think it's going to get very annoying if there's no way out.

I like the lead guy, but that reporter is getting on my nerves. The congressman's son is totally nuts and now he is a cop! lol

I'm so glad that pastor is gone, he was so annoying.

I think the show is good and keeps your interest, but I know if they don't get out, it's going to annoy me after a time.

I heard that according to Stephen King, only the first season is an adaptation of his book and that future seasons will revolve around different towns and people. Sounds pretty stupid to have a new cast every season if you ask me, but at the same time I like that they're not going to drag out the story of Chester's Mill too long. Sounds like they should've just gone the miniseries route.

Is it frightening, it's about to start here in Oz but I'm sure it will be online if the USA has aired it already? I love the Walking Dead even though that's not scary but it certainly drags you in & gives a totally different aspect of the typical zombie type shows. Is it worth downloading & as I didn't watch Lost I'd be interested if you think I'd like it. I also love Homeland, Bones, Criminal Minds, L & O SVU, The Mentalist etc. Oh I enjoyed Redrum too.

Are there any shows like The First 48 Hours, or true crime series that would be worth watching. Just found Solved on youtube so there must be more I've never heard of that you have over there to recommend.

Edited by rock4eva