Dexter: The Final Season Discussion [Spoilers]

OMG! Dexter lets Saxon go and he kills again and shoots Deb! WTF is wrong with Dexter? Why does think feeling love will help him survive?

When all his friends told him they would miss him when he left and how he was always family to them, I was like, oh boy, if/when they find out he is a serial killer and Deb killed their LT, the shit will hit the fan.

I want Deb to be with the other cop and I wanted Dexter to leave the country with Hannah, but from the last scenes I saw it looks like Dexter might die because Harrison is being carried by a cop and has blood on him. If Dexter dies and his son Harrison is sitting by him, it's karma for sure!

When Dexter let Saxon live and let Deb arrest him, I just knew something was going to get fucked up for sure!

They are screwing up a very amazing show. I was screaming so loud at my tv last night, that I will probably be clapping if Dexter gets killed or arrested, because the "real" Dexter is gone for good and he ain't coming back.

Dexter's "revelation" wasn't just forced and hammy and fucking cheesy as hell (did anyone else totally see ALL of that coming, including the private eye dude releasing Saxon?), it basically contradicts the entire premise of the show.

What we're given is the notion that true love can negate a person's hardwired inclination towards being a serial killer -- someone who constantly throughout the course of the show references his lack of emotion, his lack of feelings.

The show's writers got real fucking lazy with deciding on a whim when they did or didn't want Dexter to be a human being with emotions. In the first season, his brother taunts him into almost killing Deb, before he changes his mind -- not because he has feelings for her, but because he realizes he must obey the code.

Now, seven years later, they're telling us Dexter does have the capacity for love and emotion because some dumb pretty blonde girl walked into his life. (But somehow Rita didn't have the same effect?)

Just absolutely sloppy writing, a borderline self-parody at this point. The more I thought about it today the angrier I felt.

Agreed. They've destroyed everything that was interesting about the character and the show. Which essentially boiled down to profound moral ambiguity. Now he's basically being presented as a straight up good guy, it's boring and nonsensical and pisses on the best years of the series.

Edited by Angelica

The kid who plays Harrison is HILARIOUSLY bad! Although, the director of the treadmill ep should be shot, too. 'Whine owwwww and point to your chin one more time, cool, wrap'. And I'm pretty certain someone from make-up just dumped a cup of red food colouring on him. While they were looking in another direction.

Edited by Angelica

God this show is awful.

Deb gets shot because of that idiot agent letting a wanted criminal loose, whose been all over the news.... Pan to next scene, Dexter is happily packing his bags and on the way to the airport. Get the fuck out of here.

These writers deserve to be fired.

• Like 1

God this show is awful.

Deb gets shot because of that idiot agent letting a wanted criminal loose, whose been all over the news.... Pan to next scene, Dexter is happily packing his bags and on the way to the airport. Get the fuck out of here.

These writers deserve to be fired.

Don't forget Dexter fretting at the beginning of the ep about being seen leaving a crime scene (because SINCE FUCKING WHAT IN THE HELL YOU DO THAT ALL THE TIME), but then merrily deciding to let Deb go and arrest Saxon, cause he almost certainly wouldn't trade his knowledge that Dex is a serial killer to the police, cause that would be totally rude. :confused:

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 2

The kid who plays Harrison is HILARIOUSLY bad! Although, the director of the treadmill ep should be shot, too. 'Whine owwwww and point to your chin one more time, cool, wrap'. And I'm pretty certain someone from make-up just dumped a cup of red food colouring on him. While they were looking in another direction.

Not only that, but they used a fully grown stunt man.

iI0P8nzj70iQe.gif

I just can't fathom how anyone thought that was a good idea. Just cutting to Hannah in the kitchen and having Harrison cry(like a normal child) would have been infinitely less retarded. I keep thinking maybe the next episode will be better. It can't be downhill all the way to the end surely? But no. It can. Watching this after Breaking Bad is like brushing your teeth and then drinking orange juice.

• Like 1

That clip of the kid being carried away is Harry carrying Dexter away from the scene of the crime when he was little.

Is it? I was worried it would be a "what goes around comes around" moment like when Dexter was little.

I have a bad feeling Dexter is going to die.

After last weeks, fiasco with him letting Saxon go and that dummy marshall letting him go and poor Deb getting shot, I was what happened to the real Dexter?

Making him have human feelings was so wrong. After marrying Rita and having Harrison, Dexter lost his edge. I don't like where this season was going and now on Sunday the last show, I don't know how it's going to end?

I was so pissed off at Dexter last week and the consequences of his non action, that I don't think I'll care if the he dies or goes to jail for the rest of his life.

My question is unless Deb talks, there's no evidence of Dexter killing all those other people for the past 7 years. They might get him for aiding Hannah, but for any murders? I don't think so? Besides will Deb confess that she killed Maria? That one was a pain in the ass and I was glad when Deb shot her.

My daughter is watching Dexter now and she's reminding me of the first season. Now I remember what a bitch Maria was to Deb and how she lusted after Dexter. lol

I love how this show just got rid of all the annoying people season after season.

Give Dexter his dignity back in the last show, please.

If it involves a ghost Dr Vogel...

I imagine an ending where Dexter finally kills Saxon, everyone in Miami are celebrating, dancing at Angel's restaurant and setting off fireworks while Ghost Harry, Ghost Dr. Vogel and Yoda look on proudly.

Edited by Lithium
  • Like 1

Wonder if the ending's going to be full of symbolism, people going WTF and trying to figure shit out for coming weeks.

I imagine an ending where Dexter finally kills Saxon, everyone in Miami are celebrating, dancing at Angel's restaurant and setting off fireworks while Ghost Harry, Ghost Dr. Vogel and Yoda look on proudly.

And Ghost Doakes going "Boo motherfucker".

• Like 1

lol yeah I don't think that's going to happen, but it would blow everyone's minds for sure.

Since Michael C. Hall doesn't want Dexter to have a happy ending, I think either Hannah will betray him or Sean Patrick F will kill him. Deb is out of the picture because she was shot and could possibly die.

Or possibly Quinn might off Dexter since he's royally pissed at him getting Deb shot. I guess we'll find out in less than 6 hours. I just know I'm going to be screaming at the tv yet again.