Dexter: The Final Season Discussion [Spoilers]

I've lost most of my interest in this show since BrBd came back. Watching them back to back really shows just how much Dexter's writing pales in comparison, and this season doesn't feel like anything special even though they're supposed to somehow wrap it all up in the what...6 episodes that are left? Not seeing it.

This.

I used to be so excited for Dexter overall but it's just lost now. Sunday nights consist of BrBa, The Newsroom, True Blood (which is also terrible now) and Dexter. BrBa and The Newsroom get first billing by a LONG shot among those and the others have been demoted to just watching them whenever I have time through the week.

I could not agree more about how boring this whole season is. I just asked my wife this morning how many episodes are left. Not in that usual "I don't want it to end" type of way but in that "I sure hope this gets wrapped up soon" way.

Such a shame.

This season started out with so much potential... it's a shame the direction it's going

Was just thinking that myself. When Vogal was first introduced and she dropped the "Because I don't meet Harry's Code" line, I was like "OH SHIT! This season is going to kick ass!!" then they quickly wasted any chance at all of it amounting to anything.

Vogel being the killer is unrealistic to me. This old woman overpowering all of these men. So she's the one who put that guy up on the hook in the beginning of the season?

You have a point. But she could probably have manipulated Yates or someone to do that. I don't really know and sadly, like almost everybody else I don't even care. There's so many wrongs and stupidity that I wouldn't be surprised at any shitty explanation. There's something about the song though. Vogel listened to it when she got attacked and now it was played when Dexter found Zach. + Next episode is named after the song. Maybe only to get us to think that Vogel is the brain surgeon.

At first I thought that Quinn had planted Zach's blood but why would he? Maybe Cassie's boyfriend is another one of Vogel's patients that somehow knew everything about Dexter/Zach. Same goes for Deb's boss.

Vogel being the killer is unrealistic to me. This old woman overpowering all of these men. So she's the one who put that guy up on the hook in the beginning of the season? :lol:

Whatever. Just let Dexter killer her, let Deb either die or chill out, and let Dexter and Hannah live happily ever after. The perfect ending that everyone wants.

Yeah if Vogel is the kill she must be a pretty strong female because theirs no way she can overpower Zach whose what 17-19 years old maybe?

Zach's whole 'dude!' 'awesome' 'Are we there yet?' shite was so unfunny.

Breaking Bad doing everything right in the final season. Dexter stumbling. :no:

Brain Surgeon might be vogel's ex-husband/son? Does she have a son? Is that boyfriend of the neighbor her son? MAYBE!!! Meh.

If the nanny wasn't such a bimbo I'd suspect she killed the neighbor and framed Zach to justify Quinn's investigations and get him the promotion she wants.

Like Quinn. No taste in women though.

I'll give this season this: Usually by this point we know who the killer is, but they actually have me going "Who the fuck is it?".

Vogel is just unbelievable as the killer in my opinion, and I'd be pretty upset if she turned out to be the Brain Surgeon.

Elway is possible, but I think they have his part in the season more invested into Hannah McKay at this point.

The ex-husband is possible, I suppose, seeing as how they did mention him before like he actually meant something.

Also, who the hell did kill the neighbor? Part of me thought it was Quinn to try to frame Zach and plant his blood as evidence, but I really don't think Quinn would do that at all.

I'll give this season this: Usually by this point we know who the killer is, but they actually have me going "Who the fuck is it?".

Vogel is just unbelievable as the killer in my opinion, and I'd be pretty upset if she turned out to be the Brain Surgeon.

Elway is possible, but I think they have his part in the season more invested into Hannah McKay at this point.

The ex-husband is possible, I suppose, seeing as how they did mention him before like he actually meant something.

Also, who the hell did kill the neighbor? Part of me thought it was Quinn to try to frame Zach and plant his blood as evidence, but I really don't think Quinn would do that at all.

Yeah the brain surgeon could be anyone expect Vogel (At least I hope shes not). But in the preview for next week whose the messenger guy? Does the surgeon have somebody else give Vogel the part of the brain or does he do it himself?

If Zach was like that from the beginning, I would have been aboard.

Even though, I've always hated the idea of Dexter having a "Robin."

Seems like the writers changed his character overnight.

Last night was one of the better episodes of this season.

Writers have been mediocre most of the season, but I think they did a good job last night; particularly, with the sexual tension between Dexter and Hannah.

Loved the dialogue during lunch.....

By the way, someone said that Breaking Bad is getting better/going out strong. It isn't imo......It is still the strongest show on TV, by a mile, but I think the breaks in season has really hurt that shows momentum. I've been underwhelmed by the first two episodes.

Brain Surgeon might be vogel's ex-husband/son? Does she have a son? Is that boyfriend of the neighbor her son? MAYBE!!! Meh.

If the nanny wasn't such a bimbo I'd suspect she killed the neighbor and framed Zach to justify Quinn's investigations and get him the promotion she wants.

I still think Deb's boss is gonna come into play somehow -- possibly as the brain surgeon -- and my prediction a year ago when Vogel's casting was announced was that she'd somehow, implausibly, turn out to be his REAL mother, and her identity was kept a secret from him/covered up by his dad/the police chief (who also, I think, will come into play this season). Either way, this is the lowest the show's ever been imo, it's almost hard to watch it -- the 'funny' stuff isn't funny, the dramatic moments are cheesy, the serial killer family dinner was purely embarrassing. Just awful.

If Zach was like that from the beginning, I would have been aboard.

Even though, I've always hated the idea of Dexter having a "Robin."

Seems like the writers changed his character overnight.

Yeah, totally agree. He was a douchebag from the start, then this episode they made you actually like him, then they killed him off. :lol:

I still think Deb's boss is gonna come into play somehow -- possibly as the brain surgeon -- and my prediction a year ago when Vogel's casting was announced was that she'd somehow, implausibly, turn out to be his REAL mother, and her identity was kept a secret from him/covered up by his dad/the police chief (who also, I think, will come into play this season). Either way, this is the lowest the show's ever been imo, it's almost hard to watch it -- the 'funny' stuff isn't funny, the dramatic moments are cheesy, the serial killer family dinner was purely embarrassing. Just awful.

I don't think she'll end up being his real mother. That would just but absolutely ridiculous and stupid and this point after we've gone 8 Seasons with the whole backstory of Dexter's mother being killed while he was right there.

I don't know, we'll see what happens within the next 4 weeks.

Harry is still going to be alive. You watch.

That would be spectacularly awful. :lol: Which is probably the best direction this show can go right now. Maybe Ghost Harry was real the entire time and just really good at hiding.

:lol: All I want is some kind of massive swerve at the end, so the series could at least go out with a big bang, to make up for the last few bad seasons.

They have what? Four episodes left?

They're not really winding down at all are they?

I was really really hoping this would be a mirror of season 2. Instead of introducing a whole new plot with a new serial killer and what not, they should have just had Miami PD realize the Bay Harbor Butcher isn't dead, and the entire season would be based on Dexter trying to get them off his trail and eventually dying, getting caught, fleeing the country.

There's four episodes left, and we still have a serial killer who we have no idea who it is, and an entire show to wrap up.

This is going to get sloppy. It will probably be one of the worst series finales of all time.

Okay, finally watched the 3 Dexter shows I missed because of Time Warner cable's war with CBS. I have a new provider now.

Anyway, I think Dr. Vogel could be the Brain Surgeon. I mean when Dexter called her she was holding the brain part in her hand in a jar.

I think she's crazy and has been the killer all along.

I really hope she doesn't kill Dexter. Now that Deb is back on the police force I would rather her kill Dexter or arrest him.

I really don't want Dexter to end and I really would be sad if he was killed, but now that Deb is back as a cop, she might be the one to take him down.

I think Dr. Vogel is manipulating everyone from Deb to Dexter to Hannah now. I think she's even killing her patients who she doesn't feel have potential like Dexter.

I felt bad for Zach. Not sure if Vogel framed him or maybe it's the cop who got passed over on the promotion.

I think everyone has a secret on this show and hopefully they will all come out at the end of the series.

It's crazy, but Hannah and Dexter do belong together and even Deb realized it.

Speaking of Deb, what the hell is she waiting for to sleep with her boss? I met Sean P. Flannery in person and this guy is hot!

Anyway, so glad I've caught up but I know my stomach will be in knots watching the last show of the series.

It's been a great 8 years watching Dexter! It's one of the best shows ever.