Would GN'R would be better off releasing a single or two before recording a full length album?

wfuckinga

No single and no more promotions, sad but true...... Axl sings happily on stage, that's it people!

Axl Rose 'Doesn't Want To Be Any More Famous"

Carolla also asks Sebastian about working with Guns N' Roses and how band leader Axl Rose is doing. "Axl's an intense dude," replied Bach."Here's the scene: he's not motivated by fame or money; he doesn't want to be any more famous. He likes his rock and roll.

"Here's a story I tell to encapsulate his personality just in a little bit. I was on this VH1 reality show, Supergroup. I was on tour with him in Italy and we had a big dinner with Axl, Guns N' Roses and the road crew and everything… so I'm like 'dude, I'm on this reality show on VH1, man, it's hilarious; it's 2 weeks work and they paid me this much for 2 weeks work and if they paid me that for 2 weeks, they'd give you like a million bucks or something.' He looks at me like this: he's getting madder and madder and he goes, 'Sebastian, you don't understand, I will pay VH1 2 million bucks to leave me the f**k alone.'"

Edited by axlrod

One new song would please Axl's fanbase. Hell, even a new old song played in an upcoming tour or gig would drive them crazy. Yet, Axl refuses to give them what they want. I think he sees his fanbase as his enemy.

Why is SO FUCKIN' HARD for Axl to play... let's say OMG? It's a 4 minute long song and it doesn't require too much effort from him but no, same old, same old. Who could understand that.

One new song would please Axl's fanbase. Hell, even a new old song played in an upcoming tour or gig would drive them crazy. Yet, Axl refuses to give them what they want. I think he sees his fanbase as his enemy.

Why is SO FUCKIN' HARD for Axl to play... let's say OMG? It's a 4 minute long song and it doesn't require too much effort from him but no, same old, same old. Who could understand that.

Every rehashed tour is one step closer to a reunion, imo. It's becoming pretty obvious that it's simply a cash grab, and there is no bigger cash grab than that. Just have to wait for Axl's love of money to outweigh his love of Brazilians. :shrugs:

I wouldn't want them to just put out a song or 2 as singles without an album being done. They'd be likely to just bomb and thus swing Axl into another 10 years of nothing. Just go for an album. In this modern era a GnR song isn't likely to be a single hit anyway.

When an album is out though, it's always nice to put out a single as support. Just to get the album more exposure.

At this stage ANYTHING NEW would be of interest...moreso if it featured this current lineup. For me, to percieve that GNR is still a going concern I would like to hear what this group can do on their own. Given that many of the 80's and 90's groups HAVE to cater to the nostalgia circut (and can do so for the rest of thier careers) GNR has flogged its catalogue to death for 13 years now off and on.

The only way I see this group/band as being true GNR from here on out is new music. Touring the hits has played itself out for me.

One new song...released officially or played in concert would tell the world something about what to expect from this group.

A time killer Ep would/could be something akin to Lies...keep the sales going and the fans interested and happy. 4 songs could be ripped off and recorded in less than a few months given the professional ability of every person in the group. They dont have to figure out how to record and at this point in time i dont think anyone expects "epic" new frontiers to be crossed. Chinese Democracy's formula now has history to it so if that style of GNR is still in the cards...there should be more than ample ability to soldier on.

The way I see it though, if they release a single or an EP, that gives them a chance to write/record as a band, release SOMETHING as a band, and they'll have that to play into a live set so we don't get the same shows over and over and over again.