Western movies

Been wanting to watch Gods And Generals and Gettysburg again.

they have extended editions out now

I will be sure to get them.

I remember Gettysburg being the better movie. I wish they would depict the later war with Petersburg or Cold Harbor. Basically the birth of modern warfare.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

'Fella i once knew in El Paso, one day he took all his clothes off and jumped into a mess of cactus. I asked him the same question, why? He said it seemed like a good idea at the time'

• 2 weeks later...

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) - I have the poncho, $100, Amazon.com, straight out of NJ; Buy it, love yourself for it.

Young Guns 2 (1990) - Jon Bon Jovi takes a bullet, Billy the Kid as an old man, Naked girl on horse.

Wild Wild West (2000) - Sci Fi Western Civil War based on old TV show, Salma Hayek corset.

• 1 month later...

yesterday, i saw two westerns : broken arrow (directed by d. dalves) and pursued (directed by raoul walsh)

in its day, broken arrow was considered ground breaking in its sympathetic portrayal of the native american. it's a good movie.

pursued can be seen as a "psychoanalytic" western... it's really a dark and strange movie, maybe the darkest western ever made. really amazing.

pursued.jpg

Edited by Mao5

Guest Len B'stard

yesterday, i saw two westerns : broken arrow (directed by d. dalves) and pursued (directed by raoul walsh)

in its day, broken arrow was considered ground breaking in its sympathetic portrayal of the native american. it's a good movie.

pursued can be seen as a "psychoanalytic" western... it's really a dark and strange movie, maybe the darkest western ever made. really amazing.

pursued.jpg

You're the first person i've ever come across whoose seen Pursued as well as me. Ever see any Johnny Mack Brown stuff? :)

pursued.jpg

You're the first person i've ever come across whoose seen Pursued as well as me. Ever see any Johnny Mack Brown stuff? :)

no. where should i start ? billy the kid ?

Edited by Mao5

I didn't like John Waynes acting, found it to be like he was reading the script,

Everything Clint did was a classic.

Spaghetti westerns were the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mk_sUPtYjw

I saw Clint's son on TV the other day, if he can act....

I'm hoping some producer is thinking the same thing I am

scott-eastwood-320.jpg

"Son of Josey Wales"

Edited by shades