[RUMOR] New Album with 2014 Release?

Gun N' Roses

2007, I mean they are still mixing, man. What can you say.

"We've done so many songs and not all of them will be on the album. [...] I played a lot of rhythm parts to the stuff - To me, it felt like a lot of the rhythm tracks seemed a little mechanical and just didn't have that kinda sleazy thing that GNR always had... Also, I was pretty much given a hundred guitar solos for each song to find the thing that's gonna work best - we made sure that every possibility was there." (Ron, Maximum Threshold, 04/13/07)

Andy Wallace had most likely been let go in November at the latest. While details of his departure may never be fully disclosed, he has commented past situations which may have been similar.

2008, Best Buy, Dr Pepper all that. But as it's a new album thread.

"Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio...

But, because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, and it would've taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. It wasn't worth making a two-CD album with just one song on the other CD, so hopefully, on ChiDem 2, it'll have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song." (Bumblefoot, Eat More Heat, 03/02/13)

Ron mentions CD II and they have Atlas Shrugged.

Ultimately it comes down to two options

1. You like CD, and then it seems like every year they did something that ends up on the record making it better for the most part. from 98 right up to 2007 they did stuff that had to be done to get the record.

2. Or you don't like it and it just seems like a lot of hassle for nothing. You could release it in 99 and got it over with.

2002 seems like a pivotal year. Up to that point it's a normal record, after that it got a bit hard to explain. In someways the RTB re-record made it such a mesh of instrumentation that to mix it took 3 years.

Overall I have learned that it takes about 3-4 years to make a record. A year to set it up, a year to do it, a year to finish and mix it. So if you do that 3 times you have 10 years gone.

2008, Best Buy, Dr Pepper all that. But as it's a new album thread.

"Atlas Shrugged, I was going to tell a little story about that song. Right now on my laptop, I actually have the old guitar solo that I played for that song, when, two days before the album was going to be mastered, I was like, let's see if we can squeeze it on to the album. I busted out some guitar tracks for it, I have my own studio...

But, because the CD could only be 74 minutes max, and it would've taken it past the limit of what a CD can store, we couldn't put Atlas Shrugged on Chinese Democracy. It wasn't worth making a two-CD album with just one song on the other CD, so hopefully, on ChiDem 2, it'll have Atlas Shrugged on there. Interesting song." (Bumblefoot, Eat More Heat, 03/02/13)

Ron mentions CD II and they have Atlas Shrugged.

Ultimately it comes down to two options

1. You like CD, and then it seems like every year they did something that ends up on the record making it better for the most part. from 98 right up to 2007 they did stuff that had to be done to get the record.

2. Or you don't like it and it just seems like a lot of hassle for nothing. You could release it in 99 and got it over with.

2002 seems like a pivotal year. Up to that point it's a normal record, after that it got a bit hard to explain. In someways the RTB re-record made it such a mesh of instrumentation that to mix it took 3 years.

Overall I have learned that it takes about 3-4 years to make a record. A year to set it up, a year to do it, a year to finish and mix it. So if you do that 3 times you have 10 years gone.

Hmm, interesting! Cool info.