[RUMOR] New Album with 2014 Release?

Gun N' Roses

earlier this year, Richard did a guitar workshop in Oklahoma and said it will come out late this year or next year. There is a video of him saying it that I posted awhile ago.

This was before Axl said yada yada about Silkworms.

I think it's possible to we get the new album in 2014 or 2015

When leaks popped up an album will be popped up...

the machine is rollin'

But this time around these are tunes from an alleged remix album instead of genuine unheard songs planned for an album of new material

I am of the belief what BITW and whatever else shows up in the next few days is gonna be the only unheard GNR material we will get for a long time

Edited by WhazUp

earlier this year, Richard did a guitar workshop in Oklahoma and said it will come out late this year or next year. There is a video of him saying it that I posted awhile ago.

He 100% said it. Out of the clear blue just when they asked him about what he's doing this year--"We've got stuff recorded and we hope it get it out this year." Then I asked him afterward if it was CD or newly done stuff and he emphatically said "Oh, new stuff."

I've looked all over for video of that and couldn't find it, Twat. Could you please point me in the right direction for the video? Thx.

He 100% said it. Out of the clear blue just when they asked him about what he's doing this year--"We've got stuff recorded and we hope it get it out this year." Then I asked him afterward if it was CD or newly done stuff and he emphatically said "Oh, new stuff."

I've looked all over for video of that and couldn't find it, Twat. Could you please point me in the right direction for the video? Thx.

Yeah I remember when you posted on msl's board, that's when I found the video, shortly after and posted it here. It quickly turned into a bash fest etc. Im therewasatwat on his board.

I will try to find it, I think the video was posted on M's board to.

I think maybe Fortus was more involved with CD II. So he could be more involved than Ron or Dj at this point. Ton has added parts to finished songs like Atlas and others. That stuff I can see coming out.

But a new record with fresh lyrics and vocals that takes ages.

HERE'S A BETTER LINK:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/81471/guns-n-roses-looking-at-2014-release-for-new-album

This link contains the quote below:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/83507/investigation-launched-after-police-help-guns-n-roses-star-propose

"Guns N Roses are currently working on a new album, and are said to be aiming for a 2014 release of their next record.

In May 2013, the band's guitarist Richard Fortus confirmed to Noise11.com that the band have spent a lot of time in the studio working on the new album, and that most of the songs are already completed. He went on to say that while most of the album is done, it won't be released this year. "

Wait, what? :wow:

In 1998 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2000.

In 2000 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2001/2002.

In 2006 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2007 (I think).

I'm just saying - don't get your hopes up until you actually have an album in your hands.

Yeah, but that was true though. It was the load of stuff that got in the way that delayed it. Changing members, shit with label, etc. Who knows what'll happen this time. Surely it won't be as bad.

Stuff had knock on effect from rerecording all the parts, basically slowed everything down, maybe ruined some songs, changed whole album, this takes time, Bucket leaves, big trouble. To get new members in takes time and get them on the record. thats why the label assuring Axl in 2000 its great would have been better. Then bring in RTB to do another record. Why all the pressure on CD, just throw up a nasty uncommercial record with Bevan, then do a Queen inspired record with RTB.

Have to admit, end product of CD is mesmerizing. It has the grunge industrial elements, then the grandness, then the commercial mall metal feel of 00s. If that was the goal they scored.

Now they can release an epic double cd of other tracks.

Or do they go again and try to do another epic record.

Fortus seems like the least likely member to talk shit. Maybe the recording is retouching of GNR stuff that was done pre Bumblefoot and therefore what he is saying is correct, when Bumble says "we havent sat down and recorded anything" what he really means is "I am yet to do any recording for the new album".

I dont see why Bumble would be the only band member to say that they arent working on new material, DJ has said they are, Tommy has said they are, Richard has said they are, Dizzy has said they are, Axl has said they are... I love Ron, but Ron also loves fucking with people.

Edited by stonegunner

I dont think Ron is going to get what he wants, if he wants to stay in GNR i think he should be prepared to be disappointed. IF this next album consists of material that is largely from the CD sessions do you think he would be willing to wait potentially years to release completely fresh GNR music. Cause yes, I believe we may get a new album by 2015... but... I dont necessarily believe it will be all new music. (and by new I mean written in the last 4 years)

I may be dead before this album comes out and i just turned 40

You and me both!

I dont think Ron is going to get what he wants, if he wants to stay in GNR i think he should be prepared to be disappointed. IF this next album consists of material that is largely from the CD sessions do you think he would be willing to wait potentially years to release completely fresh GNR music. Cause yes, I believe we may get a new album by 2015... but... I dont necessarily believe it will be all new music. (and by new I mean written in the last 4 years)

That's the shitty part. If the label would have released the record Axl gave them in 2010 , in say 2011, its completely feasible that the next record would be recorded, near ready for release, and feature Ron and the rest of the current band.

Why feel sorry for Ron. He's only been in the band for SEVEN YEARS. Until you've done a decade in Axl's band covering other people's material, you're still considered a new member.

i dont feel sorry for Ron, it's hard to feel sorry for people who earn so much more than i do lol

Axl has his reasons why he's not putting it out, and I just think he hasn't gotten over how shitty Interscope treated GNR. Everyone in the band wants to do new music, maybe Axl wants to but his heart's not into it. He also got bit in the ass when he told people when he thought it was going to be out. There's no way he'll put it out until everything's done and ready to go.

He has to want to do the new music, and he's had plenty of opportunities to debut new songs in the past couple of years.

2003 was a good year, it was a very good year for

Better being written and then leaked.

And the Greatest Hits is set for release.

At this point you have to say Axl needed to hand in the record, off the buzz of the Better leak.

2004, although GH comes out and Bucket is gone, they finally go to mixing on some tracks. And 2005 looks on. But there's nowhere along the timeline when the record was deemed finished after 2000.

"Originally we had a fucking whole lot of songs we were working on. We kinda rolled around them and just kinda kept molding them as we went along. [...] When you're working on 35 or so pieces of music that you're trying to finish, [...] it's really hard to decide, because out of 35 things, we might all like parts and bits of 30 songs. So then you gotta further narrow that down, and you know. It just takes a while." (Tommy, HTGTH, 10/10/04)

Better was leaked in 2006, not 2003.

my bad, Axl went to the strip club in 2003.

"Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose wandered into the Crazy Horse Too in Las Vegas Wednesday morning (July 16) and treated the nearly empty strip club to a preview of tracks from his band's long-delayed Chinese Democracy album." (MTV, 07/17/03)

"Our first leaks [presumably Better, There Was A Time and IRS, leaked in early '06] were from using a sound system in a strip club in the early hours when it was basically empty. I went there to play the tracks for someone I was interested in working with. I'd gone there with a guy who worked band security, who was allegedly somehow related to the owners, feeling it was a bit more of a protected environment than it turned out to be." (Axl, Billboard, 02/06/09)

It's evident to me now that a lot of the members on this forum were not around between the years 1999-2008.

Anyone who lived through the era of no news, especially 2002-2007 (remember being excited cause Dizzy's fucking MOM said the album was "coming soon?") knows way better than to believe anything is happening now.

It's actually kinda shocking that there are "new" fans that got into the band AFTER CD came out. Crazy.

god i remember that, i had to leave chinesedemocracy.com because people were so crazy over there with no news, so i came here and it wasnt much better lol

2005, seems to be tying up loose ends. Bullying them with GH II was a bit lame. I don't know, they indulged him with all that money then were pretty ruthless. I guess it's just the way things are, it's all in very poor taste.

2006, although they basically finished by 2004 and started some mixing, it wasn't until 2006 that mixing got started and they were still working on songs.

Axl's quote about working on a song which wasn't even on the first two records is insanity.

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. [...] Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

Edited by wasted

"[The record company] refused to prepare a marketing campaign or commission video treatments until they had [the finished album] in their hands." (Merck, 12/15/06)

This obviously came into play later with the BB deal.