[RUMOR] New Album with 2014 Release?

Gun N' Roses

HERE'S A BETTER LINK:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/81471/guns-n-roses-looking-at-2014-release-for-new-album

This link contains the quote below:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/83507/investigation-launched-after-police-help-guns-n-roses-star-propose

"Guns N Roses are currently working on a new album, and are said to be aiming for a 2014 release of their next record.

In May 2013, the band's guitarist Richard Fortus confirmed to Noise11.com that the band have spent a lot of time in the studio working on the new album, and that most of the songs are already completed. He went on to say that while most of the album is done, it won't be released this year. "

Wait, what? :huh:

Edited by Gun N' Roses

http://www.gigwise.com/news/83507/investigation-launched-after-police-help-guns-n-roses-star-propose

"Guns N Roses are currently working on a new album, and are said to be aiming for a 2014 release of their next record.

In May 2013, the band's guitarist Richard Fortus confirmed to Noise11.com that the band have spent a lot of time in the studio working on the new album, and that most of the songs are already completed. He went on to say that while most of the album is done, it won't be released this year. "

Wait, what? :wow:

It's better than Tommy Stinson interviews from years ago where he said that it's done and they're just doing the album artwork etc.

It's evident to me now that a lot of the members on this forum were not around between the years 1999-2008.

Anyone who lived through the era of no news, especially 2002-2007 (remember being excited cause Dizzy's fucking MOM said the album was "coming soon?") knows way better than to believe anything is happening now.

It's actually kinda shocking that there are "new" fans that got into the band AFTER CD came out. Crazy.

I don't have a source, but I seem to remember this interview floating around earlier this year. Changed the thread title for now as it's not confirmed information.

Are you saying you read an interview with Tommy this year where he claimed that album was finished? I find that very strange since it contradicts directly with numerous other quotes from his in interviews the last three years.

• Like 1

I don't have a source, but I seem to remember this interview floating around earlier this year. Changed the thread title for now as it's not confirmed information.

Are you saying you read an interview with Tommy this year where he claimed that album was finished? I find that very strange since it contradicts directly with numerous other quotes from his in interviews the last three years.

I think he meant Richard, but could be wrong.

4tus.

Yeah, I was referring to

Here's what I got on Richard talking about new music/releases these last years:

"[...] we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record" [December 2011]

"In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping" [April 2012]

"I am pretty much focused on GN'R right now. We're getting ready to go back into studio. so that's where my head's at right now. That's all I wanna think about till end of year, pretty much" [RockNLive, June 2012]

"We are writing and trying out new songs" [translated from Norwegian][NRK, October 2012]

"[...] we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while. [...] We are working on [the next record]! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out." [The Rock Pit, March 2013]

"we are preparing to record some new stuff. [...] We're working on it! [...]" [Dead Daisies Facebook page, April 2013].

Except for an unfailing belief in the band working on writing and recording, I can't find anything from him saying they have a new record ready. So again, I would be very happy if someone could supply me with a quote from Richard (or Tommy) where they anything like that.

HERE'S A BETTER LINK:

http://www.gigwise.com/news/81471/guns-n-roses-looking-at-2014-release-for-new-album

This link contains the quote below:

Wait, what? :wow:

In 1998 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2000.

In 2000 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2001/2002.

In 2006 Guns n' Roses was working on an album for 2007 (I think).

I'm just saying - don't get your hopes up until you actually have an album in your hands.

Writing and recording is not necessarily a good thing. Not when you have 18 songs finished (according to Axl in 2006)

Also it's very weird to read Bumble's interviews and how they have yet to get in a room and write and record together, when Fortus is saying all that stuff in direct contrast to what seems to be going on (which is nothing)

Really confusing. If only there was a simple way to make this shit clear.

Here's what I got on Richard talking about new music/releases these last years:

"[...] we are going to be finishing up the next Gn’R record" [December 2011]

"In May, I go back to Europe with Guns and luckily, Thin Lizzy is going to be out with us, which is going to be awesome. They’re going to be supporting us so I’ll be able to play a couple of songs with them every night. But I’ll be out with Guns in May, June and July and then we have to finish up some more recording and hopefully get the record out and be on tour in the fall in the States I’m hoping" [April 2012]

"I am pretty much focused on GN'R right now. We're getting ready to go back into studio. so that's where my head's at right now. That's all I wanna think about till end of year, pretty much" [RockNLive, June 2012]

"We are writing and trying out new songs" [translated from Norwegian][NRK, October 2012]

"[...] we are doing some dates sporadically, but we are trying to focus more on getting the next record ready, the next G ‘n R record. So, the touring has not been steady, and it won’t be for a while. [...] We are working on [the next record]! Hopefully within the next year we will have something out." [The Rock Pit, March 2013]

"we are preparing to record some new stuff. [...] We're working on it! [...]" [Dead Daisies Facebook page, April 2013].

Except for an unfailing belief in the band working on writing and recording, I can't find anything from him saying they have a new record ready. So again, I would be very happy if someone could supply me with a quote from Richard (or Tommy) where they anything like that.

The phrase I used is "I think I remember" meaning that I wasn't sure.

• Like 1

We know they write in groups, not as a whole band. Having written and recorded songs could mean that they have half the part. We need the whole band to sit down and do an interview, because noone can truely be sure if there IS music or if there ISN'T music.

There is no new album.

There is no new album.

Hey guess what? There is no new album.

Sorry. Sad but true.

There is no new album because Axl hasn't recorded a note in about a decade, unless you count the shit he did for Baz's album.

Without Axl, all there is are instrumental jams thrown together by a session band. No more.

These guys are talented and could churn out a dozen decent tunes in a matter of weeks if they really wanted to. But there's no point, cause there's no way Axl can be bothered to record vocals for them.

Sorry kids. There simply is no new album and there most likely never will be one.

There is no new album.

There is no new album.

Sorry. Sad but true.

There is no new album because Axl hasn't recorded a note in about a decade, unless you count the shit he did for Baz's album.

Without Axl, all there is are instrumental jams thrown together by a session band. No more.

These guys are talented and could churn out a dozen decent tunes in a matter of weeks if they really wanted to. But there's no point, cause there's no way Axl can be bothered to record vocals for them.

Sorry kids. There simply is no new album and there most likely never will be one.

There is no way you can confirm there will be no album

• Like 1

There is no new album.

There is no new album.

Sorry. Sad but true.

Is Robin's old webpage back? :)

You "new album believers" are as bad as the theists in Anything Goes. Thread after thread about how they just have "faith" in something existing even though there isn't a shred of solid evidence, and a load of evidence to the contrary.

Burden of proof is on the believers, not the other way around.

Show me some PROOF that the "new album" exists...please! I'll gladly retract my statements and become a believer!

You "new album believers" are as bad as the theists in Anything Goes. Thread after thread about how they just have "faith" in something existing even though there isn't a shred of solid evidence, and a load of evidence to the contrary.

Burden of proof is on the believers, not the other way around.

Show me some PROOF that the "new album" exists...please! I'll gladly retract my statements and become a believer!

I'm not even a new album believer. I wasn't too fond of CD, and I know nothing will ever come close to Appetite, UYI, or Lies. I think it'd be cool if they had a new album, but I have a feeling it won't even be up to par with CD (which is sad).

I just posted there was a rumor of a new album in 2014.

Besides, you are not more right than anybody who believes there will be a new album. There is a 50/50 chance. Nobody is more right than the next person.

It's a two-sided sword. There's no way you can confirm there will be no album, and there is no way they can confirm there will be an album.

Edited by Gun N' Roses

I agree that there is probably no album ready for release, but we know there are material existing in various stages of completion and we know at least some of the current members are eager to write and record new music. All this makes us believe in a new album, some time, some day.

Writing and recording is not necessarily a good thing. Not when you have 18 songs finished (according to Axl in 2006)

Also it's very weird to read Bumble's interviews and how they have yet to get in a room and write and record together, when Fortus is saying all that stuff in direct contrast to what seems to be going on (which is nothing)

Really confusing. If only there was a simple way to make this shit clear.

I think it suggests that some of the current members have been working on music they would like to see on the next record, both together while on tour and over the net. The statements from Richard and various other members also suggests to me that Axl has signalled that they will release again. It does seem, though, as if Bumblefoot is not part of this work.