NCAA College Football Thread 2013

Ace Nova

Auburn SHOULD end up in the Natty if they win the SEC Champ, that'll be 10 bowl teams they've played against this season. Ohio State has played who???

i agree 100% i was listening to espn radio and could not believe the radio host going on about how it should be ohio state vs florida state and if it is auburn it is some great injustice.

auburn just knocked off the #1 team in the nation who won back to back championships. they then play the #5 team if they win they should jump 2 fucking spots. ohio state has played cupcakes the whole fucking season.

I agree bran.

It's too bad the media has had a hard on for Ohio State for years. You cannot talk sense with them, you can only sit back and grimace.

Why do they even have a hard on for Ohio State? Auburn just played one of the best games in football history.

i think a lot of it has to do with urban meyer, he worked at ESPN for a year when "his health " was so bad he not coach anymore(yet returned in a year) meyer then jumped ship to the powder puff big 10 where he can rack up his wins and the prestige of ohio state should give him an edge to get into championship games.

the media did this years ago with ohio state when they went up against the university of florida. ohio state was said to be so dominate and was going to steamroll florida. yet florida went up against tough opponents week in and week out while ohio state played nothing but cupcakes. florida then steam rolled ohio state in the championship game. they then got beat down by LSU in the championship a couple years later.

the same will happen again if they go up against FSU in the title game.

Why do they even have a hard on for Ohio State? Auburn just played one of the best games in football history.

i think a lot of it has to do with urban meyer, he worked at ESPN for a year when "his health " was so bad he not coach anymore(yet returned in a year) meyer then jumped ship to the powder puff big 10 where he can rack up his wins and the prestige of ohio state should give him an edge to get into championship games.

the media did this years ago with ohio state when they went up against the university of florida. ohio state was said to be so dominate and was going to steamroll florida. yet florida went up against tough opponents week in and week out while ohio state played nothing but cupcakes. florida then steam rolled ohio state in the championship game. they then got beat down by LSU in the championship a couple years later.

That why I love Mike Leech going to Washington State, ESPN hates him but everyone else gives him national coverage. I can finally watch my Cougar games.

• Like 1

Urban Meyer is a scumbag. He quits FL conveniently with "health problems" when the team blows up, then walks onto Ohio State. Not to mention the numerous times dude covered for Hernandez, fuckin piece of trash. Can't stand the guy.

That why I love Mike Leech going to Washington State, ESPN hates him but everyone else gives him national coverage. I can finally watch my Cougar games.

I love some Leech

Air Raid bitches

Urban Meyer is a scumbag. He quits FL conveniently with "health problems" when the team blows up, then walks onto Ohio State. Not to mention the numerous times dude covered for Hernandez, fuckin piece of trash. Can't stand the guy.

I love some Leech

Have you heard the story of why ESPN hates him? My brother told me a while back. At Texas Tech, he locked some kid in a closet or something because he was being a dumbass, and the kid's dad worked for ESPN.

Edited by AxlisOld

Air Raid bitches

I love some Leech

Have you heard the story of why ESPN hates him? My brother told me a while back. At Texas Tech, he locked some kid in a closet or something because he was being a dumbass, and the kid's dad worked for ESPN.

Air Raid bitches

I love some Leech

the player had a concussion, someone stuck him inside a closet. leach said he had no idea where he was he just told a coach or whatever to get him out of the light because it was making the concussion symptoms worse.

leach basically said this whole thing came about because craig james who worked for espn was lobbying playing time for his son(who sucked). espn did their usual over the top fake outrage shit they do.

i believe mike leach was railroaded, espn has a habit of doing that these days.

• Like 1

Looks like there's no way for Bama to get back in like they did last year. Looks like if OSU and FSU both lost Auburn/Mizzou and OKST or Clemson would keep Bama out.

Don't think OKST would pass Bama at this point. Bama has a pretty good lead on them according to Jerry Palm's BCS projections today and don't think the human voters would put a 1 loss OKST over a 1 loss Bama.

It's going to be close between Ohio State and Auburn. Based on Palm's numbers today, if they both win, there's a good chance Auburn would move into second, given how close the two are and the difference in Mizzou's and MSU's numbers.

Maybe Ohio State will get blown out by Mich St and at the end of the year, he'll resign due to "more health related issues".

Scumbag.

i just cannot fathom how a team goes through 1 top 25 team is ahead of a team that went through 5 top 10 teams.

Looks like there's no way for Bama to get back in like they did last year. Looks like if OSU and FSU both lost Auburn/Mizzou and OKST or Clemson would keep Bama out.

Don't think OKST would pass Bama at this point. Bama has a pretty good lead on them according to Jerry Palm's BCS projections today and don't think the human voters would put a 1 loss OKST over a 1 loss Bama.

It's going to be close between Ohio State and Auburn. Based on Palm's numbers today, if they both win, there's a good chance Auburn would move into second, given how close the two are and the difference in Mizzou's and MSU's numbers.

Yeah, I was looking at that after I posted that. So on the off chance FSU and OSU lose (not likely to happen) we could get Auburn/Alabama rematch. Really don't want to see that.

The polls are absolutely broken, Auburn has not played 5 of the top 25 teams out there. Obviously their schedule is harder than Ohio State's, and the SEC is better than the Big 10, but not by so much that a one loss team deserves a higher spot than an undefeated team. Or are you going to tell me those Mississippi teams deserve to stumble into the rankings every year after playing the worst non conference schedules possible? That 4 loss SEC teams are actually deserving of a ranking ahead of teams with less losses from other power conferences? The polls are bogus.

The polls are absolutely broken, Auburn has not played 5 of the top 25 teams out there. Obviously their schedule is harder than Ohio State's, and the SEC is better than the Big 10, but not by so much that a one loss team deserves a higher spot than an undefeated team. Or are you going to tell me those Mississippi teams deserve to stumble into the rankings every year after playing the worst non conference schedules possible? That 4 loss SEC teams are actually deserving of a ranking ahead of teams with less losses from other power conferences? The polls are bogus.

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

the rest of ohio states shedule is full of cupcakes

auburn has played or will play 4 top 10 teams ohio state will play 1.

auburn is 2-1 vs top 10 teams. ohio state has yet to play a top 10 team.

the opposition auburn has faced is a combined 77-65(.542) ohio state has faced opposition with a 60-71 record(.458 winning percentage)

the team that has a 2-1 record vs top 10 opponents who has 1 loss should play over a team that has yet to play a top 10 team and has played a cupcake schedule.

anyone seriously think ohio state could handle auburn's schedule? if ohio state had to through that gauntlet they would lose 3 or 4 games. auburn playing a tit schedule like ohio states wouldnt even break a sweat.

Edited by bran

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

the opposition auburn has faced is a combined 77-65(.542) ohio state has faced opposition with a 60-71 record(.458 winning percentage)

the team that has a 2-1 record vs top 10 opponents who has 1 loss should play over a team that has yet to play a top 10 team and has played a cupcake schedule.

anyone seriously think ohio state could handle auburn's schedule? if ohio state had to through that gauntlet they would lose 3 or 4 games. auburn playing a tit schedule like ohio states wouldnt even break a sweat.

Ole Miss isn't ranked, and frankly neither should Georgia or Texas A&M. If you really want to play the rankings game, make sure to go with current rankings. The polls are crap all season, but they are especially terrible in the beginning. Don't be blinded by numbers put up by people who don't even watch the games.

Ohio State went through a full season and only had one game that was ever in much doubt, and it was one of those bitter rivalry games where anything can and will happen. They are up to 24 straight wins in a row, you can not tell me that Auburn deserves a spot higher than Ohio State does with a loss already this season.

Want to know how far one needs to look to see that the SEC isn't that much better than the rest of the conferences? Missouri is playing in the title game. Yeah, Missouri. The same Missouri that hasn't wont a conference title since the 60s. A&M wasn't exactly spectacular in the Big 12 either winning just one title, but found instant success in the SEC.

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

Ole Miss isn't ranked, and frankly neither should Georgia or Texas A&M. If you really want to play the rankings game, make sure to go with current rankings. The polls are crap all season, but they are especially terrible in the beginning. Don't be blinded by numbers put up by people who don't even watch the games.

Ohio State went through a full season and only had one game that was ever in much doubt, and it was one of those bitter rivalry games where anything can and will happen. They are up to 24 straight wins in a row, you can not tell me that Auburn deserves a spot higher than Ohio State does with a loss already this season.

Want to know how far one needs to look to see that the SEC isn't that much better than the rest of the conferences? Missouri is playing in the title game. Yeah, Missouri. The same Missouri that hasn't wont a conference title since the 60s. A&M wasn't exactly spectacular in the Big 12 either winning just one title, but found instant success in the SEC.

i went by the rankings of when they played the team(anyone really think wisconsin and northwestern are top 25 teams?)

ohio state went through a full season with one game in doubt because they played no body. SEC is better than other conferences, the last time ohio state went up against SEC opponents in title games they got waxed and outclassed in every single way.

when was the last time ohio state had to go through a #1 team coming off back to back championships just to reach their conference championship?

once again look at the combined records ohio state played a schedule with a losing winning percentage. according to the advanced sabermetrics ohio state played the 99th hardest schedule. put that in perspective there are 119 teams. ohio state was 99/119

just because missouri sucked for a long time does not mean they cannot become a good team. moving to the SEC brought more money into the program and the SEC also helps with recruiting. the SEC has 9 of the top 20 recruiting classes this year. teams who have a long history of being shit do find ways to become good IE the boston red sox or in football the saints.