NCAA College Football Thread 2013

Ace Nova

Looks like there's no way for Bama to get back in like they did last year. Looks like if OSU and FSU both lost Auburn/Mizzou and OKST or Clemson would keep Bama out.

Don't think OKST would pass Bama at this point. Bama has a pretty good lead on them according to Jerry Palm's BCS projections today and don't think the human voters would put a 1 loss OKST over a 1 loss Bama.

It's going to be close between Ohio State and Auburn. Based on Palm's numbers today, if they both win, there's a good chance Auburn would move into second, given how close the two are and the difference in Mizzou's and MSU's numbers.

Yeah, I was looking at that after I posted that. So on the off chance FSU and OSU lose (not likely to happen) we could get Auburn/Alabama rematch. Really don't want to see that.

What are the odds of that though? FSU is doing great, OSU may lose, they may not.

Anybody know how the Final Four playoff system will work next year? Obviously 4 plays 1, 3 plays 2, then the Championship game. Would #1 and #2 teams get a home game in the semi's? Or would all 3 games be played at a neutral site?

Anybody know how the Final Four playoff system will work next year? Obviously 4 plays 1, 3 plays 2, then the Championship game. Would #1 and #2 teams get a home game in the semi's? Or would all 3 games be played at a neutral site?

i think from what i read the games will take place in pre existing bowl games. i think one semi final game is going to be the rose bowl in pasadena and the other the sugar bowl in new orleans, with the winners facing off in arlington, texas.

i think then the bowls for the semi finals rotate every year( 2015-2016 being the orange bowl and the cotton bowl)

I hate Ohio State, but this notion that any SEC team would school them based on their schedule is total bullshit and nothing more than the same old media bias for the SEC and against the B1G. No, the B1G really has nothing to bump its chest about this year, but there is a much greater emphasis on defense in this conference than in the SEC and Ohio State has performed just as well if not better on offense than any top tier SEC team besides Alabama who I still believe is by far the best team in the country and really the only SEC defense worth shaking a stick at. Wherever OSU ends up after next week there is sure to be a shoot out.

That said, I don't think Ohio State will survive the B1G Championship game. Michigan State will slow them down, control the clock, and beat them in a defensive grind, 24 - 17

The polls are absolutely broken, Auburn has not played 5 of the top 25 teams out there. Obviously their schedule is harder than Ohio State's, and the SEC is better than the Big 10, but not by so much that a one loss team deserves a higher spot than an undefeated team. Or are you going to tell me those Mississippi teams deserve to stumble into the rankings every year after playing the worst non conference schedules possible? That 4 loss SEC teams are actually deserving of a ranking ahead of teams with less losses from other power conferences? The polls are bogus.

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

the rest of ohio states shedule is full of cupcakes

auburn has played or will play 4 top 10 teams ohio state will play 1.

auburn is 2-1 vs top 10 teams. ohio state has yet to play a top 10 team.

the opposition auburn has faced is a combined 77-65(.542) ohio state has faced opposition with a 60-71 record(.458 winning percentage)

the team that has a 2-1 record vs top 10 opponents who has 1 loss should play over a team that has yet to play a top 10 team and has played a cupcake schedule.

anyone seriously think ohio state could handle auburn's schedule? if ohio state had to through that gauntlet they would lose 3 or 4 games. auburn playing a tit schedule like ohio states wouldnt even break a sweat.

Ole Miss isn't ranked, and frankly neither should Georgia or Texas A&M. If you really want to play the rankings game, make sure to go with current rankings. The polls are crap all season, but they are especially terrible in the beginning. Don't be blinded by numbers put up by people who don't even watch the games.

Ohio State went through a full season and only had one game that was ever in much doubt, and it was one of those bitter rivalry games where anything can and will happen. They are up to 24 straight wins in a row, you can not tell me that Auburn deserves a spot higher than Ohio State does with a loss already this season.

Want to know how far one needs to look to see that the SEC isn't that much better than the rest of the conferences? Missouri is playing in the title game. Yeah, Missouri. The same Missouri that hasn't wont a conference title since the 60s. A&M wasn't exactly spectacular in the Big 12 either winning just one title, but found instant success in the SEC.

i went by the rankings of when they played the team(anyone really think wisconsin and northwestern are top 25 teams?)

ohio state went through a full season with one game in doubt because they played no body. SEC is better than other conferences, the last time ohio state went up against SEC opponents in title games they got waxed and outclassed in every single way.

when was the last time ohio state had to go through a #1 team coming off back to back championships just to reach their conference championship?

once again look at the combined records ohio state played a schedule with a losing winning percentage. according to the advanced sabermetrics ohio state played the 99th hardest schedule. put that in perspective there are 119 teams. ohio state was 99/119

just because missouri sucked for a long time does not mean they cannot become a good team. moving to the SEC brought more money into the program and the SEC also helps with recruiting. the SEC has 9 of the top 20 recruiting classes this year. teams who have a long history of being shit do find ways to become good IE the boston red sox or in football the saints.

You can't sit there and tell me that not even two years of playing in the SEC has bumped their recruiting to unseen heights at their program. Recruiting rankings don't even mean anything anyways, look at Texas, Florida, Notre Dame, USC, etc. Missouri is the same program they were in the Big 12, and are suddenly the class of the SEC. It's a good conference, but high rankings and praise are a byproduct of massive media bias. ESPN basically runs college football, and they conveniently have the rights to the upcoming SEC network. Seems to me that they are protecting their investment by overblowing the conference horribly (Clowney for Heisman!!!), while at the same time doing their best to sabotage their competitor in the Big Ten Network.

The SEC is the best, but not by nearly as much as the media says it is. Pretty easy to look good when your teams are ranked artificially high every single year. Florida was a top ten team this year, Georgia was a top 5 team this year, Ole Miss was ranked at one point, A&M didn't beat anyone remotely worth a damn and is still ranked (not to mention their top 5 start and first place vote). I can keep going, point is, that conference isn't even remotely as good as billed. Many things are in place in the system to give them a leg up, and they take advantage of it.

Alabama who I still believe is by far the best team in the country and really the only SEC defense worth shaking a stick at. Wherever OSU ends up after next week there is sure to be a shoot out.

Doesn't Mizzou have a good defense?

They're probably second to Bama actually, I don't think they've allowed more than 30 all year

i think from what i read the games will take place in pre existing bowl games. i think one semi final game is going to be the rose bowl in pasadena and the other the sugar bowl in new orleans, with the winners facing off in arlington, texas.

i think then the bowls for the semi finals rotate every year( 2015-2016 being the orange bowl and the cotton bowl)

I think that sounds pretty good. It's a quasi playoff system that still keeps the bowl game(s) tradition.

The polls are absolutely broken, Auburn has not played 5 of the top 25 teams out there. Obviously their schedule is harder than Ohio State's, and the SEC is better than the Big 10, but not by so much that a one loss team deserves a higher spot than an undefeated team. Or are you going to tell me those Mississippi teams deserve to stumble into the rankings every year after playing the worst non conference schedules possible? That 4 loss SEC teams are actually deserving of a ranking ahead of teams with less losses from other power conferences? The polls are bogus.

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

the opposition auburn has faced is a combined 77-65(.542) ohio state has faced opposition with a 60-71 record(.458 winning percentage)

the team that has a 2-1 record vs top 10 opponents who has 1 loss should play over a team that has yet to play a top 10 team and has played a cupcake schedule.

anyone seriously think ohio state could handle auburn's schedule? if ohio state had to through that gauntlet they would lose 3 or 4 games. auburn playing a tit schedule like ohio states wouldnt even break a sweat.

Ole Miss isn't ranked, and frankly neither should Georgia or Texas A&M. If you really want to play the rankings game, make sure to go with current rankings. The polls are crap all season, but they are especially terrible in the beginning. Don't be blinded by numbers put up by people who don't even watch the games.

Ohio State went through a full season and only had one game that was ever in much doubt, and it was one of those bitter rivalry games where anything can and will happen. They are up to 24 straight wins in a row, you can not tell me that Auburn deserves a spot higher than Ohio State does with a loss already this season.

Want to know how far one needs to look to see that the SEC isn't that much better than the rest of the conferences? Missouri is playing in the title game. Yeah, Missouri. The same Missouri that hasn't wont a conference title since the 60s. A&M wasn't exactly spectacular in the Big 12 either winning just one title, but found instant success in the SEC.

Auburn won three games last year, not a single one a conference game. Teams can change.

auburn has played

#6 lsu

#24 ole miss

#7 texas a+m

#25 georgia

#1 alabama

and now

#5 missouri

ohio state has played

#23 wisconsin

#16 north western

and now

#10 michigan state

Ole Miss isn't ranked, and frankly neither should Georgia or Texas A&M.

:lol: :lol:

Looks like there's no way for Bama to get back in like they did last year. Looks like if OSU and FSU both lost Auburn/Mizzou and OKST or Clemson would keep Bama out.

Don't think OKST would pass Bama at this point. Bama has a pretty good lead on them according to Jerry Palm's BCS projections today and don't think the human voters would put a 1 loss OKST over a 1 loss Bama.

It's going to be close between Ohio State and Auburn. Based on Palm's numbers today, if they both win, there's a good chance Auburn would move into second, given how close the two are and the difference in Mizzou's and MSU's numbers.

Yeah, I was looking at that after I posted that. So on the off chance FSU and OSU lose (not likely to happen) we could get Auburn/Alabama rematch. Really don't want to see that.

What are the odds of that though? FSU is doing great, OSU may lose, they may not.

Dunno, but I wouldn't bet on both of them losing.

I genuinely believe most SEC teams could beat Michigan St and Wisconsin.

they would no doubt.

as for florida and georgia, those two teams were decimated by injuries. the gators lost their starting qb in the first couple of weeks and ended up with their 3rd stringer, lost their running back and most of their front 7( not to mention having their whole oline injured one time or another) and they still mentioned the number 7 defense in the nation.

most sec teams would not have to squeak by the vaunted program that is north western or go into michigan and allow that offense to carve them up for 600+ yards and 40+ points, and before people start the whole "rivalry" game go look at what fsu did to clemson.

another nice stat as well, ohio states road schedule this season had combined win/loss records of 4-25.

• Like 2

After not winning a single SEC game last season, Auburn are SEC champs!

they were awesome today, beating the #1 team coming off back to back titles and now beating the #5 team for the SEC championship. well deserved and congrats.

they were awesome today, beating the #1 team coming off back to back titles and now beating the #5 team for the SEC championship. well deserved and congrats.

I fucking hope Ohio State loses or to a lesser extent, Florida State. No way with wins to both would Auburn jump anyone, Ohio State's name is too strong.

I fucking hope Ohio State loses or to a lesser extent, Florida State. No way with wins to both would Auburn jump anyone, Ohio State's name is too strong.

basically what one insider said was voters are sick of the SEC and when alabama lost it was the perfect chance to kick out the SEC from the championship game. i hope that ohio state gets fucking destroyed. if not i would love to see FSU mop the floor with them.

Good for Auburn. They played a hell of a game and I hope the best for them.

Now for my negativity, even though I am trying to become a more positive person.

I really really really hope Ohio State loses against Michigan State. I don't think anyone inside the B1G can even stand Ohio State. I am speaking from a perspective where I've lived within the conference my entire life, and there's this general unspoken feeling that nobody likes Ohio State. Nobody. They win every year in every sport and everyone is tired of it. So with that said I am pulling for Michigan State.

The question is, is Florida State good enough to beat this team?

FSU would mop the floor with ohio state IMO. auburn and half a dozen SEC teams would as well. my previous post was extreme sarcasm :lol:

Edited by bran