Comedy Central Roast

Gia

Greg Giraldo, Patrice O'Neal, Jim Norton, Dave Atell, Norm MacDonald, Gilbert Gottfried, Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman.

It's always funny to see someone who normally doesn't do roasts, rip someone apart (we know they got help).

Is Jeff's show still on?

As far as I know the show is still on

Whitney Cummings is terrible... she has her moments but she's very annoying

Anthony Jeselnik and Lisa Lampanelli are two that I love

Greg Giraldo was awesome IMO. Loved him and I love Jeselnik and Lampanelli as well.

Agreed

Got a favorite Roast?

Mine would have to be Flavor Flav... that one was ruthless :lol:

I agree. That was a bad ass roast. I liked the Trump one a lot too. One of my favorite lines still comes from the Flav roast though. I think Jeff Ross was the one who said it: "Flav, you look like Magic Johnson SHOULD look"

Mike Tyson from the Charlie Sheen roast: "When I was in prison I drew inspiration from reading the Iliad, so you see Seth McFarlane isnt the only one to benefit from ripping off Homer!"

That is a great joke... but Gilbert Gottfried had a better one: "Give it up to Seth Mcfarland, it's gotta be hard to do a roast especially because the Simpsons haven't done it yet"

@Russtcb

I don't remember that joke... wow lol that is great... my favorite joke is at 4:48

"Sure Lisa lost weight, that just means one less Colt 45 one of these mother fuckers have to drink before they fuck her tonight :lol:

The Greg Giraldo one too : "Bridgett Nielson's pussy is so big... Sylvester Stallon left his Career in there "

Greg Giraldo was awesome IMO. Loved him and I love Jeselnik and Lampanelli as well.

Agreed

Got a favorite Roast?

Mine would have to be Flavor Flav... that one was ruthless :lol:

Just watched it last night, yeah it really was. Brigitte bombed, but everyone else was really funny. Wish they wouldn't keep crossing the line with the Magic Johnson jokes though.

They are pretty harsh :lol:

Next roast is the one for James Franco

I can't stand his or Seth Rogan's humor so I know it's gonna suck

On July 9, 2013, Franco announced that he will be on the next Comedy Central Roast.[28] The Roast will be aired on Labor Day, September 2nd. The roastmaster will be Seth Rogen. [29] Roasters will include Aziz Ansari, Bill Hader, Jonah Hill, Nick Kroll, Natasha Leggero, Jeff Ross, Andy Samberg and Sarah Silverman.[29]

Only one that will be any good is Jeff Ross as unusual and maybe Nick Kroll

Sarah Silverman has to be one of the worst comics of all time

Sarah Silverman has to be one of the worst comics of all time

Agree! That chick is as funny as a yeast infection.

Pamela Anderson's roast was on last week, and flipping thru the channels I happened to catch most of it. I forgot what a hot mess Courtney Love was at the time. One of the jokes was how Kurt Cobain looked better right now than she did.

I love how ridiculously rude the jokes can get. :lol:

Edited by Patience 4 Axl

I liked Samberg a lot more than I expected. He kinda pulled the same trick that Norm MacDonald did a few years ago, where he basically subverted the whole 'art' of roasting and mocked the process (telling purposefully bad crude jokes, etc., sort of pointing out how cliched and predictable it all is). I sort of admired that. I got the vibe that both he and Aziz hated Natasha. :lol: Aziz seemed pissed off about her jokes at his expense (they did seem oddly centered around him) and Samberg looked visibly chuffed when she made the "dick in a box" Lorne Michaels joke.

Bill Hader kind of stole it for me, though. He managed to do it all under the guise of a character so it came across less desperately crass and hurtful, and he also took shots at himself. He's a funny guy.

Jonah Hill came across as a remarkably decent and likable guy, too. He has this reputation as being an asshole for some reason, but I think it's maybe just because he takes jokes the wrong way in interviews sometimes and gets a bit overly defensive and it comes across the wrong way. (I've seen a couple instances of this, for example on the 21 Jump Street press junket he misinterpreted an interviewer's joke and got kind of bitchy, and when Rolling Stone asked him a joke question about masturbation for a This Is the End interview he got the same defensive attitude.) I listened to his podcast interview with Marc Maron though and he was really nice and humble, all three of them (Hill, Rogen and Franco) seem like they'd be fun to hang out with.

Natasha whatserfuck stole the night. Overall hilarious though.

I thought her routine was tired and predictable. Shock value, crude jokes. I found what Samberg and Hader did to be far funnier and more subversive, which I guess is to be expected since they're both the SNL guys. I thought Aziz and Samberg both had hostile reactions to Natasha's act for good reason.

Fell asleep watching this last night and gave it another shot today. I didn't think much of it was funny at all. I agree that Samberg was probably the best of the night.

Is it me or were a lot of the panels on camera reactions WAY over the top to mediocre jokes?

Thought Franco's roast was hilarious. When Samberg started I thought flipping it was kinda shitty and a cop-out but by the end I was laughing my ass off. Aziz was great because he seemed to make a lot of it up on the fly. Liked a lot of Natasha's stuff but one or two jokes fell flat and the Hartman joke seemed like a deliberate attempt to go "too far" and wasn't particularly funny anyway. Bill Hader was brilliant.

Thought Franco's roast was hilarious. When Samberg started I thought flipping it was kinda shitty and a cop-out but by the end I was laughing my ass off. Aziz was great because he seemed to make a lot of it up on the fly. Liked a lot of Natasha's stuff but one or two jokes fell flat and the Hartman joke seemed like a deliberate attempt to go "too far" and wasn't particularly funny anyway. Bill Hader was brilliant.

Agreed on the Hartman joke. I did like that they left Hader's "HOLY FUCKIN' SHIT!" reaction in.