Your request for Beta and Axl...........in 2014

Apollo

New music... Then, and only then get back on the road. Promoting an album that the majority aren't "digging" seems crazy to me. I was happy to hear the new stuff at concerts but the majority in attendance really only knew the Illusions and Appetite songs. When an album doesn't do so well, touring for 2yrs is quite enough. they should have had an album out by 2012 and be back on the road now promoting it. This never-ending tour is only doing damage to the band in my opinion, of course there's a few countries that keep asking "play Brazil!!!" but they pretty much want GnR there 24/7 the rest of the world wants a new rock record with a few Axl epics... something close to Illusions mixed with some of the CD influence.

• Like 1

Release an album with The General, Jackie Chan, Going Down, Silkworms, Thyme, Seven, Zodiac, Down by the Ocean, Atlas Shrugged, Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, Daddy can the Devil do Mommy and Me, OMG and Quick song. 14 more songs, all which have been record supposidly, 5 of which we've heard parts of somewhere or another.

Stop wearing the stupid hats and jackets, axl. You look like the result of 2006 axl, Johnny depp, and hulk hogan having a three way that somehow ended with a child. Wear just a t shirt, jeans, and occasionally the bandanna.

My request for 2014 would be that Axl gives the fans an update on the next album. Is the album anywhere near complete? Is the record company holding up the release? Will the songs be from the new line up, or from the Chinese Democracy sessions, or a mixture of both? If Axl has no intention of ever releasing new music or that any release is many years away, I hope he tells his fans that this is the case.

My request for 2014 would be that Axl gives the fans an update on the next album. Is the album anywhere near complete? Is the record company holding up the release? Will the songs be from the new line up, or from the Chinese Democracy sessions, or a mixture of both? If Axl has no intention of ever releasing new music or that any release is many years away, I hope he tells his fans that this is the case.

Even if he were to do that, its a strong chance at least half of what he says is just a lie. He's burned fans so many times now that I really have a hard time trusting him, even if its coming straight from his mouth.

Release the UYI your footage that Robert shot. All of it.

Put out a new album.

:)

I forgot about the UYI footage.

Axl has so much stuff in his library that his fans would LOVE to see. Wish Axl was one of those artists who enjoyed sharing his work with his fans.

I'll be happy enough with another world wide Greatest Hits tour, but would appreciate if Axl decided to play a couple more UYI songs.

If GnR do tour... And I hope they don't! I want GnR back on the road playing a rarities set... with the inclusion of 1 new song at the minimum. I'm really not sure if I could justify the GnR ticket price without those changes. I think that's pretty reasonable, surely they can't even justify it to themselves to go out play that tired old set again... they've pretty much played the same set since 2002 with the inclusion of a few more CD songs.

new material just gives people more things to complain about. if CD was well received but generally people didn't seem to like it that much. there's no demand for new material it seems. maybe by 2020 there will be more demand.

Way to read the thread!

Even if he were to do that, its a strong chance at least half of what he says is just a lie. He's burned fans so many times now that I really have a hard time trusting him, even if its coming straight from his mouth.

I would take anything Axl says with a pinch of salt because of what's happened in the past with the various statements he's made. I don't believe he actually lies to the fans when he tells them of his plans. Slash said that Axl is the most honest person he has known & Duff has stated that Axl changes his mind all the time. I would like to know what his plans are even if they are likely to change & hopefully he would give us some new info about the album.

I just hope Axl finds more inner peace. It will lead to greater things.

Actually, I think Axl has found inner peace, and that is the reason we haven't seen new music. Clearly the process for Axl of getting Chinese Democracy out was difficult to say the least. One could argue how much of the challenges were Axl's own doing for being a stubborn SOB, but it seems pretty clear as others have said that Axl, Beta and family put his well being before anything else. I think we have to face facts that Axl doesn't feel the obligation to please the fans if it means either "prostituting" himself and his convictions or taking on the stress and bullshit that comes with the territory. Hopefully one day he finds a way to release, and even better, to create, new music in a way that is satisfying to him both personally and professionally.

Therefore, my wish for 2014 is 1. Vegas Residency Blu-Ray and 2. announce that they are working with the label on the plan to issue CD2.

I just want new music, that's all I really want.

I think a box-set would be a really good idea though. Have it be a 3 disk set. First disc is all the written and completely material from the last decade. The next two are unreleased demo's, b-sides and instrumentals. They can even have a deluxe version with a live CD, or even the Vegas DVD. I like the Golden ticket idea, but I think it's most possible that it could for a free Nightrain membership for 5 years or something like that.

I think a box-set is the best idea because it'll get all the material out in one piece, instead of possible masterpieces going to waste.

what he said

I just hope Axl finds more inner peace. It will lead to greater things.

Actually, I think Axl has found inner peace, and that is the reason we haven't seen new music. Clearly the process for Axl of getting Chinese Democracy out was difficult to say the least. One could argue how much of the challenges were Axl's own doing for being a stubborn SOB, but it seems pretty clear as others have said that Axl, Beta and family put his well being before anything else. I think we have to face facts that Axl doesn't feel the obligation to please the fans if it means either "prostituting" himself and his convictions or taking on the stress and bullshit that comes with the territory. Hopefully one day he finds a way to release, and even better, to create, new music in a way that is satisfying to him both personally and professionally.

Therefore, my wish for 2014 is 1. Vegas Residency Blu-Ray and 2. announce that they are working with the label on the plan to issue CD2.

Part of the inner peace is that no one's pushing him from the record company to put anything out there. They also know no matter what they do or don't do, fans are going to bitch no matter what. They take enough of a break to not get burned out on the road from doing the songs night after night. 3 months goes by and they're back doing their own projects. Maybe Tommy wants to keep working with Paul and needs more time away from GNR. He'd probably be calling Duff up asking to cover for him.

I think Axl's going to have the album ready in due time, has enough for an EP, but he probably gets no calls asking if he has any new songs, because they all want WTTJ and don't care if he has anything new. Back when Arnold wanted a GNR song, there was more interest in what GNR was working on without Slash, so Iovine talked Axl into coughing up a song.

The Blu Ray's probably coming before Xmas. Maybe Axl's in Vegas and planning some sort of promotion for the concert film there.

• 2 weeks later...

Release new music.

Not releasing new music will lead to more pissed off psychotic fans who will find a way to leak what was recorded anyways.

Stop focusing on who has power control and just make your fans happy. Time for Axl as a frontman is running out anyways.

Why do people keep saying that no matter what Axl does, people are going to complain anyway............is Axl really that sensitive that he has to focus on what the minority of people out there say?

Axl and Beta need to concentrate on his MILLIONS of fans. The people who love and adore his music. The people who pay $150 to go see him perform. That pay for his CD, t-shirts, posters. And STOP worrying about the minority of people that complain.

CD sold 3.5 million copies.......who cares if a few reporters or people on a forum complain about it? Why not concentrate on the 3.5 MILLION FANS???????????

I don't mean to rant, but it just gets annoying to read that all the time.
Guy has what, 50-to-100 million dollars in the bank?

Lives in a mansion, with fancy cars, has slept with thousands of hot women, has an entire camp/crew of moochers who follow his every command, is recognized around the world, is always listed as one of the top 10 rock singers of all time, is able to live like a KING because of his music career............but four guys on a mygnrforum say something negative about him and that's going to ruin his day???? Ridiculous. He shouldn't release music become some random bloggers are going to criticize the album? Ludicrous.

Axl should release music and videos (music, live, behind the scenes, etc) for his MILLIONS of fans. And not give a crap about a few random people who don't like him.

I know it's important for Axl, Beta, Del, Fernando and company to - what is in their eyes - hold people accountable for their actions. Labels, video game companies, promoters, former band members, fans/haters on music forums, etc.

My wish is that they take one year off from doing that, and dedicate 2014 to the fans of the band. Put the haters, cancers, evil people on the back burner just for one year. And concentrate on the MILLIONS of fans who love and support Axl and his music.

I disagree about putting it on hold for a year, but only in the sense that it's not needed. The best way to get back at the haters, the cancers, etc, is to put out new material and for the new band to be successful.

Kill two birds with one stone, make the fans happy and shove it right in the face of the haters.

Living well is the best revenge and there is no reason this band can't be as successful as a band like Metallica. They became the biggest rock / metal band in the world in the late 90's, and they did it by releasing a new album every year. That's what I feel GNR should start doing now.

2014 and 2015, the 2 CD follow ups that were mentioned when CD came out. 2016 CD centric Live album, 2017 box set with all the alt versions of the CD era material. Tour the fuck out of it, to sell the fuck out of it. Pump out enough new band material that people start to forget there was an old band.

Every album doesn't have to be an AFD, I mean the 90's Metallica albums were no where near as good as their earlier stuff, but they were good enough.

• 1 month later...