Cult movies or lesser known movies you like

wasted

Guest Len B'stard

What About Me? It's a movie about a girl who becomes homeless, it's all filmed in NYC, in black and white in the early 90s and stars loads of like, punk legends, Dee Dee Ramone, Jerry Nolan, Johnny Thunders, Rockets Redglare...but it's not a movie centred around them, they actually play character, i believe Gregory Corso the beat poet is in it too. Really good movie though it's really quite dark.

Another is The Order of Death starring Harvey Kietel and Johnny Rotten, it's sort of a precursor to Bad Lieutenant, great movie, so weird seeing Johnny Rotten acting. Harvey Kietel plays a guy chasing a killer. Johnny plays a mad skitzoid fuckin'...like...rich affluent wrong un.

Another is The Order of Death starring Harvey Kietel and Johnny Rotten, it's sort of a precursor to Bad Lieutenant, great movie, so weird seeing Johnny Rotten acting. Harvey Kietel plays a guy chasing a killer. Johnny plays a mad skitzoid fuckin'...like...rich affluent wrong un.

I have that on one of those bargain dvds (four films on a flippy disc) that you can buy here in the uk. Great film. I have never heard anyone talk about it strangely. Rotten is very posh and English in it which contrasts well with Keitel's performance.

Guest Len B'stard

Order of Death was a Pil title? sounds good.

It's variously called Corrupt, Copkiller and The Order of Death which yes was a PiL song :)

I have that on one of those bargain dvds (four films on a flippy disc) that you can buy here in the uk. Great film. I have never heard anyone talk about it strangely. Rotten is very posh and English in it which contrasts well with Keitel's performance.

Me and you seem to like the same films sir :)

Yes, no Iron Man 2 for us.

About that film, it is one of those films with about fifty million titles. I will try and find my disc and see what it is called there - and I might even watch it tonight. Rotten did not make another film again (I do not think he liked the process) yet he is excellent in it. It is weird how Bad Lieutenant is practically a remake with Keitel reprising an identical role.

Guest Len B'stard

Yes, no Iron Man 2 for us.

About that film, it is one of those films with about fifty million titles. I will try and find my disc and see what it is called there - and I might even watch it tonight. Rotten did not make another film again (I do not think he liked the process) yet he is excellent in it. It is weird how Bad Lieutenant is practically a remake with Keitel reprising an identical role.

That happens to a lot of films, Bruce Lee's films all have different titles depending on whether you're in England or America or whatever. I thought John was excellent in it too. In fact you could easily draw a parrallel between that film and Performance with Jagger, don't you think? Jagger/Rotten playing up to their particular stereotypes, being held by a sort of alpha male guy against their will, developing a weird relationship with em, the masochism. Similarities abound.

Guest Len B'stard

The Champ and Darby O'Gill and the Little People (essential viewing for anybody raised in an Irish household).

Thats kind of interested me in watching em, why'd you say that? :)

Guest Len B'stard

Love this fuckin' film :lol: Bit of a tits and arse film in the great British tradition. And it's got fuckin' Tony Booth and the silly old moo, the great Dandy Nichols who i love and adore, brilliant film from a bygone era where exploiting women and comedy came hand in hand :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

The Blob with Steve McQueen

She Demons

The Sword and the Dragon - It's a Russian film from the 60's.

Black Sunday

Mysterious Island - the original from the 60's

The Lost World - original one from the 60's

Ghoulies 2

Pee Wee's big adventure

Dracula with Christopher Lee

Any kung fu movie from the 80's.

The Champ and Darby O'Gill and the Little People (essential viewing for anybody raised in an Irish household).

Thats kind of interested me in watching em, why'd you say that? :)

If you mean the Irish thing, I was just referring to the second film. To give you a few reason, it basically incorporates everything you would traditionally associate with old Irish identity. :lol:

Shock Treatment "sequel" to Rocky Horror Picture Show

Cube

The Last Dragon

Silver Bullet

That 80's Stephen King movie with Emilio Estevez and the killer 18-wheelers. One had a green goblin on it's grill.

Maximum Overdrive

At first I thought you were saying Silver Bullet had Emilio Estevez.

Shock Treatment "sequel" to Rocky Horror Picture Show

Cube

The Last Dragon

Silver Bullet

That 80's Stephen King movie with Emilio Estevez and the killer 18-wheelers. One had a green goblin on it's grill.

Maximum Overdrive

At first I thought you were saying Silver Bullet had Emilio Estevez.

That's it I can never remember the name of it. Pretty bad movie but I always liked it. Silver Bullet had one of the Corey's, I get them mixed up.