Slash badmouthing Axl in the press - questions...

Estranged Reality

I don't think he ever bad mouthed him, not even in his book...

I really think Slash and Axl both believe everything they say, however twisted in their heads and emotional in their hearts it might be.

It's called point of view, a perspective.

But even if an individual says something he really truly believes in, it doesn't make it automatically & universally true.

Truth doesn't exist, everyone has his own (and would stick to it forever to save face).

I really think Slash and Axl both believe everything they say, however twisted in their heads and emotional in their hearts it might be.

But even if an individual says something he really truly believes in, it doesn't make it automatically & universally true.

Truth doesn't exist, everyone has his own (and would stick to it forever to save face).

What i'm saying is that i don't see anything offensive on Slash's interviews. As a matter of fact i think the only one who was offensive and rude publicly was Axl, when he called him "a cancer better removed"

What i'm saying is that i don't see anything offensive on Slash's interviews. As a matter of fact i think the only one who was offensive and rude publicly was Axl, when he called him "a cancer better removed"

...depends on what you consider more offensive... there are documentaries where Slash, Sorum & Duff really didn't use any offensive words, but everything they ever told was making Axl the only one who's responsible for GNR break-up. And If their words are not true, I believe it's more offensive (repeated over and over to make fans believe they're victims and Axl's pure evil) than 1 offensive expression without any further explanation.

Edited by onetimer
  • Like 1

Slash did called Axl "a little bastard" on UK radio. But I don't think he really did say anything directly offensive. He just played the game pretty cooly. It's more about putting out something which wasn't true and never really clearing it up. But I mean what could or should he do?

Sure Slash was understandably negative in a few interviews and took a couple shots. But I've never really heard or seen him say or do anything so venomous that warrants a life long hatred.

Izzy, Axls life long homefuck, was actually personal and petty in some of the statements he's publicly made post departure, and got forgiven.

Duff made claims that Axl was a dictator towards the end and talked a bit of shit, and got forgiven.

Steven pumped Axls love full of drugs nearly killing her, and got forgiven (at one point, and enough where Steve got invited to chill with Axl backstage in 06).

Matt Sorum talked shit and got forgiven. Hung out with Axl for a bit in 06.

Erin everly, who took part in crucifying Axl publicly got her appearance at a nu guns show flaunted on the official gnr twitter. And yes I know Axl himself doesn't run the twitter, but I'm sure whoever does run it wouldn't have posted that if it would have deeply upsetted Axl. So I'm guessing she's forgiven (partially).

So what exactly did Slash do and/or say that was so much worse than all the others who left Axl high and dry? Publicly speaking, I haven't seen Slash do any worse than those mentioned above. It just seems so fucked up.

I wish Axl would quit with the cryptic fuckery and would just specifically address wtf his issues are.

• Like 2

So what exactly did Slash do and/or say that was so much worse than all the others who left Axl high and dry? Publicly speaking, I haven't seen Slash do any worse than those mentioned above. It just seems so fucked up.

I wish Axl would quit with the cryptic fuckery and would just specifically address wtf his issues are.

You just charted it out. He has no real issues. It has to be that Slash was so iconic of old GNR and when he left Axl felt genuinely lost and never quite recovered. He blames Slash for not being able to release music, apparently not the other guys. And its that people have asked him since 1996 "where's Slash?" while they never asked where's Duff, etc. That stunted and annoyed him, and if he lets go of this lifelong hatred it will show everyone how stupid he was. There is no reason he doesn't speak to him and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.

You just charted it out. He has no real issues. It has to be that Slash was so iconic of old GNR and when he left Axl felt genuinely lost and never quite recovered. He blames Slash for not being able to release music, apparently not the other guys. And its that people have asked him since 1996 "where's Slash?" while they never asked where's Duff, etc. That stunted and annoyed him, and if he lets go of this lifelong hatred it will show everyone how stupid he was. There is no reason he doesn't speak to him and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about it.

I completely agree with you on this, and always assumed this to be the case.

But the one interesting aspect that people close to the situation have said (mostly referring to Marc Canter) is that Axl wants Slash to apologize publicly for things he has said publicly. Axl himself more or less alluded to this in his HOF letter.

So what is it exactly? What did he say and/or do publicly that was worse than what the other guys did and/or said? And how comes the other guys didn't have to bend down on their knees and kiss Axl's ring like he wants Slash to? Last I checked, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, and Erin never came out to the public and apologized.

If Axl ever came back to the forums, I'd LOVE to ask him this...

But the one interesting aspect that people close to the situation have said (mostly referring to Marc Canter) is that Axl wants Slash to apologize publicly for things he has said publicly. Axl himself more or less alluded to this in his HOF letter.

So what is it exactly? What did he say and/or do publicly that was worse than what the other guys did and/or said? And how comes the other guys didn't have to bend down on their knees and kiss Axl's ring like he wants Slash to? Last I checked, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, and Erin never came out to the public and apologized.

He clearly won't since his mother won't let him. GNR apparently blacklisted this forum!

I think that's ridiculous, I mean the tough questions need to be answered. There's a reason there's more pro-slash fans than pro-axl.

It's possible that it could be because Slash was able to stay in the mainstream and popular. While guy's like Duff, Izzy, Steven, Gilby, and Matt haven't really been in the mainstream and in the modern music scene. Axl's probably frustrated that Slash was able to be successful without him. Also, Axl's an eccentric bipolar nutcase, so that probably doesn't help either. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Lebeis family fuel his hatred of Slash.

Shouldn't this be in the Slash section ?

I've read a few interviews over the past 10yrs and he's had a few choice words about his time with the band and Axl but I couldn't find them on the internet, It was mostly from Rocksound, Metalhammer or classic rock... I'm sure it's archived somewhere. I know Axl didn't like slash's book.

he probably didn't like this either

Velvet+Revolver+Halloween.jpg

That person really looks like Duff!

Got to admit, that is one funny picture :D

Edited by vaida

Yeah except Slash is not the only telling the same "truth" about Axl and what happened in Guns yet Axl is the only one pushing his version of the "truth".

You figure it is a conspiracy between Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Niven, Zutaut and others telling similar stories to make Axl look bad? Really?

I still can't understand why people hold grudge against Axl for not showing up at RHOF ceremony. Axl just saw how twisted setup that was and refused to be a part of it. If RHOF wanted to induct GN'R properly they should induct almost whole new band as well. Look at RHCP induction, they inducted Josh Klinghoffer, Jack Irons, Cliff Martinez. I'm glad Axl passed on this plot to reunite them against theris wishes.

I still can't understand why people hold grudge against Axl for not showing up at RHOF ceremony. Axl just saw how twisted setup that was and refused to be a part of it. If RHOF wanted to induct GN'R properly they should induct almost whole new band as well. Look at RHCP induction, they inducted Josh Klinghoffer, Jack Irons, Cliff Martinez. I'm glad Axl passed on this plot to reunite them against theris wishes.

I agree.

I didn't see the official paperwork that backs up your claim - but I'll take your word for it that you did. And your statement about inducting the entire band makes PERFECT sense. Anybody with half a brain would agree that DJ belongs in the Hall of Fame for his body of work with GnR. Certainly his contributions to GnR have earned him a spot on stage next to Slash, Duff and Izzy.

I also think the "plot" is far more reaching than you do. I believe it really started many many years ago when Axl himself participated in the RnR Hall of Fame. They ONLY inducted Elton John to trick Axl into getting involved.........hoping that would soften him up for the 2012 show.

I've also heard that the RnR HOF is going bankrupt and won't be in business anymore because of all the money they lost when Axl didn't show up.

C'Mon Tommy Stinson/Buckethead/Paul Tobias had more cliam to be inducted then Matt Sorum, Tobias co-wrote songs on UYI,Chinese Democracy and actually performed with GN'R.

For the record I don't think DJ or Frank Ferrer or Pitmann or Josh Freese should be inducted, but Paul Tobias/Tommy/Buckethead/Finck should. Sorum has no writing credits whatsoever so why the hell he was inducted and Tobias wasn't ? :blink:

C'Mon Tommy Stinson/Buckethead/Paul Tobias had more cliam to be inducted then Matt Sorum, Tobias co-wrote songs on UYI,Chinese Democracy and actually performed with GN'R.

For the record I don't think DJ or Frank Ferrer or Pitmann or Josh Freese should be inducted, but Paul Tobias/Tommy/Buckethead/Finck should. Sorum has no writing credits whatsoever so why the hell he was inducted and Tobias wasn't ? :blink:

I'd say probably because the current guys only performed on one album. And as much as I love CD, on its "own merits".....that album isn't enough to get a band inducted into the HOF.

I don't know exactly what songs Tobias helped write. But I would go along with him being inducted if the band specifically asked the Hall to include him, because of how much he meant to them. I'm not sure how that works though - didn't Bernie T help write a lot of Elton John's most popular songs? Was he inducted with him? (I'm asking as I really don't know).

And didn't Dave Navarro play on the OMG recording? So does he get a slot in their as well?

Sorum.......interesting point. He didn't write any GnR music. But he was in the band for their most successful touring years and at the height of the band's popularity. So I suppose that's why he was included. Was Gilby included or left out as well?

It's an extremely hard band to put a label on because of all the revolving door of musicians. If it was up to me.............I guess I'd put in Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven and Sorum.

And put an asterisk and mentioned every other member who has played with the band. Give them an "honorable mention" or something.

(And I was mainly giving you a hard time about the HOF conspiracy theory that so many people on this forum have. People acting like their entire purpose in their entire existence was to reunite GnR so they could sell extra tickets. It's ridiculous. Inducting GnR was a must.....figuring out the mishmash of Axl's feuds and 25 different band members was the hard part. I think they did the best they could in a tricky situation. And because it wasn't what Axl Rose wanted - people on this forum threw a fit).

That's the problem with RHOF maybe it was by accident but only members inducted were those Slash and co acknowledges as GN'R, Slash and Sorum hated Tobias, and c'mon he :

co wrote Back off Bitch and Shadow of Your Love

played on Sympathy for the Devil

co wrote many songs on Chinese Democracy

toured with the band in 2002.

he was around the band from 87 to at least 2002.

he is more of a member then Sorum.

And lets be clear I didn't want Navarro, DJ Ashba, Bumblefoot, Freese,Pitman, Gilby inducted but there was strong case to induct Tommy, Buckethead,Finck,Brian. They did it with RHCP and for example Tommy is much more then Josh Klinghoffer.

And people make fun how much new bandmembers are hired hand when Sorum was more a hired hand then Tommy or Finck, guy had not artistic input was basically a touring member, and he was worse then Adler. If he was inducted Tobias, Tommy,Finck, Buckethead should be inducted as well.

Even if it wasn't planned, Axl couldn't show up, if he did and performed with the band there would such huge pressure for a reunion they he wouldn't be able to move on with his band unless they would be inducted and somehow they would perform together. And if he didn't perform he would be trashed in media anyway.

No one would have given a fuck about "GNR" in the 2000s if it weren't for GNR 87-94. Barely anyone gave a fuck anyway. To say that anyone from the Nu lineup should be inducted is laughable beyond belief. Your only decent point is that Sorum is probably undeserving. You lose the plot when you conclude that other undeserving employees should therefore be inducted.

• Like 2

From what I understand (from what a mod pointed out), the inductees that get in, get in based on the relevancy the band had at the time, or if all involved agree on later members getting in like Rob from Metallica who played on Death Magnetic which was critically and commercially successful.

Sorum and Dizzy deserved to get in because they contributed to the uyis which were very relevant and successful. They wrote and performed their own parts for those records. Clarke didnt deserve to get in because he didnt write or perform one original note, and had nothing to do with the output that actually gave the band the fame they had.

Tobias co wrote a throw away track, a deep album cut, and wrote songs that were a part of a black sheep record that most of the masses don't even consider legit "gnr". That goes for the rest of the nu guys sans dizzy and Axl. That's why they didnt get in and nobody cares.

Yeah except Slash is not the only telling the same "truth" about Axl and what happened in Guns yet Axl is the only one pushing his version of the "truth".

You figure it is a conspiracy between Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt, Niven, Zutaut and others telling similar stories to make Axl look bad? Really?

...and this is your conclusion ? :lol:

.... no.

It's a conspiracy, and Axl is the fucking Serpico! :axl92: