Slash badmouthing Axl in the press - questions...

Estranged Reality

^^Axl wasn't the one that quit the band. Just sayin'.

True, but he turned it into a thing he controlled. As big of dicks Steven Tyler and Mick Jagger are, they never gave their bands contracts to sign.

Uh, you sure about that? IDK about Aerosmith, but I'm pretty sure Jagger calls all the shot on the Stones.

He takes care of the business side of things, but he's never taken the rights of the name. He has to deal with the fact that Keith Richards is as much (if not more Rolling Stones) than he is. Axl tried to take control of the band and give the rest of them an ultimatum. Like I said, as controlling as Mick and Steven are/were, they never quite went that far. Steven Tyler still thinks he's more important than the rest of the guys in the band, but he knows he alone isn't Aerosmith.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what exactly Slash/Axl should apologize to each other for? I guess I know the (well documented) Axl comments regarding cancer (Slash' mom) and the "he should have never been in Guns" etc..... But does anyone have a list of the "lies" and such that both Axl & Slash have allegedly said about one another? Maybe we (mygnr) can solve the rift and get Guns back on track? *and I'm serious- what are these lies and such that they have both said that warrant a big apology?

Slash portrayed himself as the victim, plain and simple. He ran his mouth to people in the industry for years. He probably was too drunk and strung out on heroin to remember that he was a domineering prick during the post Spaghetti sessions. Axl, Del James, and Duff have corroborated this. After not allowing any creative input to the songs he brought to the table, he decided to release "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere," an album with many ideas that were originally destined for Guns. Many have said that much of the album is him crying about Axl. Despite all his complaining about mean ol' Axl, the truth is he didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. Easier to just talk shit behind his back for years. Slash signed the name over. The circumstances surrounding this are often debated, but it doesn't change one thing: if he really loved Guns, he would've fought for it. As Marc Canter has said, Slash lies to make himself look good. In his book, Slash made it seem like he wet the bed once, but according to Axl, he peed himself many times. If Slash is in denial about that, how many other things is in denial about, or deluded about?

Axl's no saint either. Being apart from the band all the time, being late to gigs, making changes to songs without consulting people, walking off stage over bullshit, making a big deal about using the name but not really using the name, rarely doing press anymore, never playing a new song anymore: Axl's mercurial personality is well documented. Say what you will about Axl, but at least he is genuine. He might be genuinely crazy, but he graduated from the 80s mentality of putting image above all else. I mean, obviously, Axl doesn't care about his image, now does he? But Slash never graduated from the 80s- he tries ever so hard to be relevant and manage his image, all the while acting "cooler than thou" when asked about Axl.

Neither owes the other an apology at this point. Slash is happy having his name be #1 and in the spotlight (SLASH and the Conspirators- not just the Conspirators). Axl is happy cash-grabbing and touring and wishing happy birthday to his cat on twitter. He's diggin the recluse lifestyle.

Duff played with Slash, he did a few gigs with Axl. Similarly with Izzy. At this point, Axl and Slash are more at peace with eachother than in the past. But neither wants a very public media circle jerk over it. Slash is concentrated on his post-Guns career. Axl is concentrated on touring with nuGuns. A public reconciliation would only hinder what each is trying to do. I bet Duff n' Izzy helped smooth things out. But it will forever be off the radar. And life goes on.

• Like 3

Slash portrayed himself as the victim, plain and simple. He ran his mouth to people in the industry for years. He probably was too drunk and strung out on heroin to remember that he was a domineering prick during the post Spaghetti sessions. Axl, Del James, and Duff have corroborated this. After not allowing any creative input to the songs he brought to the table, he decided to release "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere," an album with many ideas that were originally destined for Guns. Many have said that much of the album is him crying about Axl. Despite all his complaining about mean ol' Axl, the truth is he didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. Easier to just talk shit behind his back for years. Slash signed the name over. The circumstances surrounding this are often debated, but it doesn't change one thing: if he really loved Guns, he would've fought for it. As Marc Canter has said, Slash lies to make himself look good. In his book, Slash made it seem like he wet the bed once, but according to Axl, he peed himself many times. If Slash is in denial about that, how many other things is in denial about, or deluded about?

Axl's no saint either. Being apart from the band all the time, being late to gigs, making changes to songs without consulting people, walking off stage over bullshit, making a big deal about using the name but not really using the name, rarely doing press anymore, never playing a new song anymore: Axl's mercurial personality is well documented. Say what you will about Axl, but at least he is genuine. He might be genuinely crazy, but he graduated from the 80s mentality of putting image above all else. I mean, obviously, Axl doesn't care about his image, now does he? But Slash never graduated from the 80s- he tries ever so hard to be relevant and manage his image, all the while acting "cooler than thou" when asked about Axl.

Neither owes the other an apology at this point. Slash is happy having his name be #1 and in the spotlight (SLASH and the Conspirators- not just the Conspirators). Axl is happy cash-grabbing and touring and wishing happy birthday to his cat on twitter. He's diggin the recluse lifestyle.

Duff played with Slash, he did a few gigs with Axl. Similarly with Izzy. At this point, Axl and Slash are more at peace with eachother than in the past. But neither wants a very public media circle jerk over it. Slash is concentrated on his post-Guns career. Axl is concentrated on touring with nuGuns. A public reconciliation would only hinder what each is trying to do. I bet Duff n' Izzy helped smooth things out. But it will forever be off the radar. And life goes on.

"Neither owes the other an apology at this point." Agree 100%. But again- what exactly are the so called lies that each has said regarding the other....what is this "unrepairable" damage that Axl can't get over? *even me & Brain are having a normal discussion.....without me being reported......

I think Axl was pissed that after the break up, he pretty much disappeared, no interviews, no talking about it, he just went to his mansion and said to hell with. I love Slash, but he did put it all on Axl for a long time, putting out all his dirty laundry and making him look very much the bad guy. But whatever, they are grown and if they don't want to fuck with each other they don't have to. I have people in my past I don't want to fuck with, not mad or holding a grudge, just don't want them in my life. They are big boys.

*even me & Brain are having a normal discussion.....without me being reported......

Just so you know, I got two warning points for the price of one because I told a mod in PM he should stop engaging in the group wank circle jerk sycohpant mod adulation that is Anything Goes. So stop suggesting I have some sort of favoritism from them- one of them even admitted to me in PM that one of the admins was pruning a thread, but not removing the insults, just removing my on-topic posts and leaving all the insult posts toward me.

Despite your repeated implicit claims that I'm some big "reporter" of posts, the truth is: I'm not. I RARELY report crap, and when I do, it's not the shit you think it is: I'm more bothered by the systemic apathy towards redundant/identical topics than I am about you and your ilk whining and running your mouth about Axl 24/7... believe it or not.

Now, back on topic: like I said in my other post- I think it all goes back to Slash's actions during the post-Spaghetti era, how he portrayed himself during that era, and his subsequent shit-talking in the industry about Axl. Axl's not waiting for an apology- he's just done with the guy. Don't forget, it was Slash who showed up drunk to Axl's house, not the other way around. Try to remember that.

*even me & Brain are having a normal discussion.....without me being reported......

Just so you know, I got two warning points for the price of one because I told a mod in PM he should stop engaging in the group wank circle jerk sycohpant mod adulation that is Anything Goes. So stop suggesting I have some sort of favoritism from them- one of them even admitted to me in PM that one of the admins was pruning a thread, but not removing the insults, just removing my on-topic posts and leaving all the insult posts toward me.

Despite your repeated implicit claims that I'm some big "reporter" of posts, the truth is: I'm not. I RARELY report crap, and when I do, it's not the shit you think it is: I'm more bothered by the systemic apathy towards redundant/identical topics than I am about you and your ilk whining and running your mouth about Axl 24/7... believe it or not.

Now, back on topic: like I said in my other post- I think it all goes back to Slash's actions during the post-Spaghetti era, how he portrayed himself during that era, and his subsequent shit-talking in the industry about Axl. Axl's not waiting for an apology- he's just done with the guy. Don't forget, it was Slash who showed up drunk to Axl's house, not the other way around. Try to remember that.

Again- what are the quotes exactly that pissed Axl off so much?

See, that's the problem with you: you have convinced yourself that there are some "quotes" that have pissed Axl off so much. If you were actually as much of a fan as you pretend to be- you would know what I'm talking about when I say that Slash's behavior during the post-Spaghetti sessions, his actions during that period, and him running his mouth to people in the industry afterwards, are probably the root cause of Axl's resentment. Therefore there are no magical "quotes" you keep referring to as if you have some righteous point-of-view. SLASH HIMSELF in an interview that even you can find on youtube admitted he fostered negativity for a long time. Did Axl run his mouth about Slash as much as Slash ran his mouth about Axl? WHOOPS! There are plenty of interviews of Slash making snarky comments. What you seem to be failing to understand is that it goes beyond Slash's media comments. Do you get that? Does that compute? Slash tries ever so hard to make people think he was the victim. But his ego contributed to GnR's malfunction just as much as Axl's ego.

Remember, it was Slash who went to Axl's house drunk sometime in the mid-2000s. And Axl didn't want to see him. UH OH SPAGHETTIOS! I guess Axl wasn't in the mood to hear his bullshit/hollywood apology, eh? Hmmm.

See, that's the problem with you: you have convinced yourself that there are some "quotes" that have pissed Axl off so much. If you were actually as much of a fan as you pretend to be- you would know what I'm talking about when I say that Slash's behavior during the post-Spaghetti sessions, his actions during that period, and him running his mouth to people in the industry afterwards, are probably the root cause of Axl's resentment. Therefore there are no magical "quotes" you keep referring to as if you have some righteous point-of-view. SLASH HIMSELF in an interview that even you can find on youtube admitted he fostered negativity for a long time. Did Axl run his mouth about Slash as much as Slash ran his mouth about Axl? WHOOPS! There are plenty of interviews of Slash making snarky comments. What you seem to be failing to understand is that it goes beyond Slash's media comments. Do you get that? Does that compute? Slash tries ever so hard to make people think he was the victim. But his ego contributed to GnR's malfunction just as much as Axl's ego.

Remember, it was Slash who went to Axl's house drunk sometime in the mid-2000s. And Axl didn't want to see him. UH OH SPAGHETTIOS! I guess Axl wasn't in the mood to hear his bullshit/hollywood apology, eh? Hmmm.

So no examples....mmmmm K.

So no examples....mmmmm K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCZSMlIYw1o

There's a quote for ya, mister super fan.

"""Slash portrayed himself as the victim, plain and simple. He ran his mouth to people in the industry for years."""---do you have proof or links to this claim?

"""He probably was too drunk and strung out on heroin to remember that he was a domineering prick during the post Spaghetti sessions. Axl, Del James, and Duff have corroborated this."""" Again, links or proof? Axl and Del don't really count.

""""After not allowing any creative input to the songs he brought to the table, he decided to release "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere," an album with many ideas that were originally destined for Guns.""" - Proof?

""""Many have said that much of the album is him crying about Axl.""" Many? You mean people on this forum?

""""Despite all his complaining about mean ol' Axl, the truth is he didn't have the balls to challenge Axl. """ Ha. Are they in 4th grade? Do you know Slash personally? How do you know this? Again, proof? We are talking about the guy who tried to go to a GnR show but was refused entrance. And who went to Axl's house, but was refused entrance. Ya, he clearly was the one who was afraid to confront Axl.

"""Easier to just talk shit behind his back for years""" Contradicting yourself now. So first Slash badmouthed Axl in the press, to industry insiders, to anybody who would listen....plus he went to a GnR show and to Axl's house......but he also found it easier to talk about Axl behind his back? Jeez, make up your mind. Also, can you provide proof of things that Slash badmouthed Axl about that weren't true?

""" Slash signed the name over. The circumstances surrounding this are often debated, but it doesn't change one thing: if he really loved Guns, he would've fought for it. """ Who are you to judge what these grown men did? GnR is a BAND NAME, not a child or relationship. Maybe you forgot, but Izzy - Axl's best friend - also quit. As did Duff. You guys like to hang your hat on Slash quiting the band, but somehow seem to forget that Axl's revolving door of musicians in GnR has made him a laughing stock amongst rock fans. Sure. Axl "loved" the name Guns n Roses. He fought so hard for it.........that he destroyed one band, started it up again and quickly lost two guitar players and a drummer, and now it giving it a go again - while having put out ONE album in the 16 years he has been in control. That's what you call "love." Slash didn't care about the "name" of a band, he cares about creating music. Something Axl doesn't.

But somehow, guys like you see that as a "win" for Axl.

"""As Marc Canter has said, Slash lies to make himself look good.""" You guys also take Canter's one sentence as life-defining gospel about Slash. But when somebody in the business makes a comment about Axl it's always "F*ck him, what does he know. Who cares what he thinks." So tell us what major lies Slash has said about Axl? And are the numerous people who have worked with Axl all lying about their portrayal of him?

""""In his book, Slash made it seem like he wet the bed once, but according to Axl, he peed himself many times. If Slash is in denial about that, how many other things is in denial about, or deluded about?""""" Wow. I can only hope that you were trying to be funny with this idiotic statement.

Say what you will about Axl, but at least he is genuine.""" LOLOLOLOL. Again, is this an attempt at humor?

""" I mean, obviously, Axl doesn't care about his image, now does he?""" Holy crap. You can't really believe this, can you? Did you miss the braids and hockey jerzey period? Do you not see how Axl dresses now? Hat, ripped jeans, sports jacket, cane, bandana.....

"""But Slash never graduated from the 80s- he tries ever so hard to be relevant and manage his image, all the while acting "cooler than thou" when asked about Axl.""""" You seriously can't be this dense. Again, you contradict yourself. Slash hasn't changed his look from 1988. So how he is trying to stay relevant and worried about his image? Maybe he should change his image every five years like Axl does? The way you completely contradict yourself and miss the point on so many issues is baffling.

I wonder finish with the very clever whoops and carry on and all those "cute" little things you like to add.

You seem to have a lot of inside information about Slash. I look forward to reading your proof to all the bs that you posted.

Brainsaber's post does have a lot of double speak. :lol:

It's funny to watch guys like him. They switch their argument around depending on how it fits Axl.

Album sales don't matter...........unless we are talking about bands that CD outsold!

Attendance at concerts don't matter.........unless we are talking about shows that GnR sold out.

Physical violence against women is BAD......unless we're talking about Axl, then those crazy women deserve what they go.

And these are guys that actually praise Axl for NOT releasing music.

Of course, these are just strawman tactics!!!!

Funny stuff.

Brainsaber's post does have a lot of double speak. :lol:

It's funny to watch guys like him. They switch their argument around depending on how it fits Axl.

Album sales don't matter...........unless we are talking about bands that CD outsold!

Attendance at concerts don't matter.........unless we are talking about shows that GnR sold out.

Physical violence against women is BAD......unless we're talking about Axl, then those crazy women deserve what they go.

And these are guys that actually praise Axl for NOT releasing music.

Of course, these are just strawman tactics!!!!

Funny stuff.

wouldn't be mygnrforum without it.