Slash badmouthing Axl in the press - questions...

Estranged Reality

GUNNER PT:

But isn't it logical that a band member that is such an important part of the sound and the band will have a say in who you bring in to be a part of the band?

Axl did it anyway. Guns was more then just a vehicle for Axl to express himself as a musician.

Slash hated Paul, and didn't think he was talented. He admitted those things.

It doesn't matter how much Axl believed in Paul. And it's not just about Huge, Axl was bringing in people he liked. Zakk was someone Slash was cool with, but it was kinda the same issue:

Slash has no interest of playing with other lead guitar players. You want Slash, you gotta find a rhythm player with a more low key approach that Slash can play off of and, of course, that he likes.

Sorum and Gilby were approved by everyone in the band, even if Izzy didn't think Matt had the right feel.

Paul and Zakk were brought in cause Ax wanted to, and that's it. He even recorded Paul's guitar on SFTD.

Old Guns wasn't a dictatorship, but Axl was starting to take over in more then one way: deciding Izzy was getting paid too much for what he did in Guns, taking control of the band's name, and trying to fuck with internal shit without really factoring Slash's opinion on it.

When Steven was fired, they've agreed on Sorum.

When Izzy left, they've agreed Gilby was the right guy, at least for touring.

To replace a band member in an established band should be decided by more then one band member in a band like Guns.

And yes, Slash was angry so he fucked up by talking to the media too much but it happens in this business sometimes. Especially when big egos, drugs, and success on that scale are involved.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

GUNNER PT:

But isn't it logical that a band member that is such an important part of the sound and the band will have a say in who you bring in to be a part of the band?

Axl did it anyway. Guns was more then just a vehicle for Axl to express himself as a musician.

It doesn't matter how much Axl believed in Paul. And it's not just about Huge, Axl was bringing in people he liked. Zakk was someone Slash was cool with, but it was kinda the same issue:

Slash has no interest of playing with other lead guitar players. You want Slash, you gotta find a rhythm player with a more low key approach that Slash can play off of and, of course, that he likes.

Sorum and Gilby were approved by everyone in the band, even if Izzy didn't think Matt had the right feel.

Paul and Zakk were brought in cause Ax wanted to, and that's it. He even recorded Paul's guitar on SFTD.

Old Guns wasn't a dictatorship, but Axl was starting to take over in more then one way: deciding Izzy was getting paid too much for what he did in Guns, taking control of the band's name, and trying to fuck with internal shit without really factoring Slash's opinion on it.

To replace a band member in an established band should be decided by more then one band member in a band like Guns.

And yes, Slash was angry so he fucked up by talking to the media too much but it happens in this business sometimes. Especially when big egos, drugs, and success on that scale are involved.

I never said Axl was perfect ... he did shit by bringing Tobias without talking with his bandmembers first.

I never saw anyone defending Axl on this one ... and that's not what this thread is about ... this thread is about getting evidence that Slash talked shit about Axl for years ... and he did, no matter how much people wants to believe that calling someone names is worse that acting like a disingenous jerk.

Damn it GUNNER PT!!!

Now blood be boiling and 500 more pages to come ahead in this thread :facepalm:

No problem with me ... as long as we stay loyal to the facts :shades:

I never said Axl was perfect ... he did shit by bringing Tobias without talking with his bandmembers first.

I never saw anyone defending Axl on this one ... and that's not what this thread is about ... this thread is about getting evidence that Slash talked shit about Axl for years ... and he did, no matter how much people wants to believe that calling someone names is worse that acting like a disingenous jerk.

Correction: Doug Goldstein recently talked about it and said Axl brought Tobias to see if he could write something with Slash but that it would be temporary until Duff and Slash could find another guitarist.

Why didnt they find a guy they liked?

Apparently didn't move a finger or didn't care.

Correction: Doug Goldstein recently talked about it and said Axl brought Tobias to see if he could write something with Slash but that it would be temporary until Duff and Slash could find another guitarist.

Well ... I won't give too much credit to Doug because I think that guy is full of shit.

Anyway, I'm not saying that he's lying on this one but I also don't see it as "defending Axl" ... even if that was the motive, Axl shouldn't bring someone without talking to his bandmates first.

Well ... I won't give too much credit to Doug because I think that guy is full of shit.

Anyway, I'm not saying that he's lying on this one but I also don't see it as "defending Axl" ... even if that was the motive, Axl shouldn't bring someone without talking to his bandmates first.

You won't give credit to Doug G. who was the manager and was there?

LOL who deserves credit then? You? You were there? Anybody here was there?

I didn't say he was defending Axl, I said he talks on the subject and gave a different version. Actually, not different, just added the fact that Huge was temporary and it was Duff and Slash duty to find a new guy.

In a matter of fact, I think Rovim's video is a good example of what Slash have been doing for years.

"I hate that guy"

What a coward ... attacking someone who couldn't defend himself on the press.

And that's when you can stop reading.

Gunner, why couldn't Axl defend himself in the press? What was stopping him but himsefl?

• Like 1

In a matter of fact, I think Rovim's video is a good example of what Slash have been doing for years.

"I hate that guy"

Gunner, why couldn't Axl defend himself in the press? What was stopping him but himsefl?

That "guy" was Tobias :lol: ... a nobody who couldn't defend himself on the press.

You can keep reading now :P

"I hate that guy"

That "guy" was Tobias :lol: ... a nobody who couldn't defend himself on the press.

Why couldn't Axl defend Tobias in the press?

"I hate that guy"

Why couldn't Axl defend Tobias in the press?

Well, he kinda did. He said there would be no Gn'R without him. He also defended him and explained why he left the touring band after 2001. But not really in relation to what Slash said about Paul.

Axl seems to prefer controlled environments and interviews made by del to talk about the past when he feels like it.

And it's still very limited with always not really touching enough issues to make it clear. Comes off as insecure and cowardly tbh.

Edited by Rovim

Can we get a summary? all the horrible things he's said?

Slash said he hates Paul Huge, and that him and Axl were never really friends (which marc shared his opinion on that they just needed each other, it wasn't really a friendship) he called him an asshole, and he said he wanted to be Pearl Jam, and he didn't want to be a part of Axl's seymour ballads anymore.

That's basically it, with some shit I can't remember left out.

Axl called Slash a cancer recently, and that the less people hear about him the better. (best removed) said he should have never been in Guns if that's how he really felt and left after Lies, that he stole 15 years of his life, that he's the fuckin' vargas, that he had to fight for them to do November Rain, that Slash, while hating My World before UYI2 came out said it was "perfect" and it was a ploy to sabotage Axl's reputation basically.

He also said people he trusted said Slash was, guitar in hand, in a gn'r concert in vegas.

Axl also said Slash lost his fire except some covers, that it was funny seeing him on the ego ramp, that Slash didn't want to take recordings or the band to the next level, and what he said about Contraband was just "VR propaganda" and that we've been lied to.

He said he tried to convince him to come back to Guns with daily 3 hour phone calls.

Edited by Rovim

Slash said he hates Paul Huge, and that him and Axl were never really friends (which marc shared his opinion on that they just needed each other, it wasn't really a friendship) he called him an asshole, and he said he wanted to be Pearl Jam, and he didn't want to be a part of Axl's seymour ballads anymore.

That's basically it, with some shit I can't remember left out.

Axl called Slash a cancer recently, and that the less people hear about him the better. (best removed) said he should have never been in Guns if that's how he really felt and left after Lies, that he stole 15 years of his life, that he's the fuckin' vargas, that he had to fight for them to do November Rain, that Slash, while hating My World before UYI2 came out said it was "perfect" and it was a ploy to sabotage Axl's reputation basically.

He also said people he trusted said Slash was, guitar in hand, in a gn'r concert in vegas.

Axl also said Slash lost his fire except some covers, that it was funny seeing him on the ego ramp, that Slash didn't want to take recordings or the band to the next level, and what he said about Contraband was just "VR propaganda" and that we've been lied to.

He said he tried to convince him to come back to Guns with daily 3 hour phone calls.

It is not exactly news that Slash expressed his feeling about Axl and why he left Guns but then again so did Izzy and Duff and they said similar things as Slash yet Slash is the bad guy. Never understood that...

People also forget that Duff and Matt were not thrilled with Tobias as well. If you put a little effort in you can find where they stated this. Maybe not in an way as emotional as Slash but they did express their dissatisfaction with him.

But how can anyone take Axl serious that Slash lost his fire? The man puts an album out every two years of new music. Whether some you like it is immaterial as his fans do so he still has the fire to create new music.

• Like 1

Whether some you like it is immaterial as his fans do so he still has the fire to create new music.

And he's not slowing down.

Slash has secured his place in history imo. He works hard to create and perform music as much as he can. I can always find at least a few songs I like in some of his work, but it's his riffs, solos, and licks that's the reason for what keeps me coming back for more.

He did well for himself. Personally, I still feel the fire on Wicked Stone and Safari Inn and some of his live shows and solo spots. I believe his next album with the conspirators will be even better.

The fire was definitely there on Slash's By The Sword solo and Mother Maria's delicate, melodic, and heartfelt solo.

Edited by Rovim

Whether some you like it is immaterial as his fans do so he still has the fire to create new music.

Slash has secured his place in history imo. He works hard to create and perform music as much as he can. I can always find at least a few songs I like in some of his work, but it's his riffs, solos, and licks that's the reason for what keeps me coming back for more.

He did well for himself. Personally, I still feel the fire on Wicked Stone and Safari Inn and some of his live shows and solo spots. I believe his next album with the conspirators will be even better.

The fire was definitely there on Slash's By The Sword solo and Mother Maria's delicate, melodic, and heartfelt solo.

Even on Libertad, his baddest work so far, he has some solos that spreads the fire, like that on Just 16 and especially the outro of Gravedancer.

Even on Libertad, his baddest work so far, he has some solos that spreads the fire, like that on Just 16 and especially the outro of Gravedancer.

And American Man. (horrid scott chorus though)

"I hate that guy"

What a jealous guy ... he can't even say why he hates that guy so much.

What a traitor ... talking in public about stuff that should be solved in private, inside of the band.

What a child ... not being able to solve things like a man, directly with Axl ... no, he prefer acting like a kid attacking him and his attitudes indirectly and behind the curtains.

What a whiner ... compalining, complaining, complaining ...

His junkie face and distorted smile, says it all ... how can someone take this guy seriously and give him any credit? That's something that goes beyond me ... I mean, look at him .... trying to look cool. Who think that's a cool? That's not cool, that's sad and disgusting. That's the epitome of the human degradation. Only blind fanatics can see it as a cool thing. It's useless to deny ... every junkie/drunk guy is manipulative and liar, trying to fool people everytime ... and it's not me saying this, any psychologist can tell you so ... those are typical characteristics of addicted individuals. And guess what, he only stopped doing this kind of stuff when he got clean ... isn't that funny?

If you're waiting for the ultimate proof, where Slash calls "fag", "motherfucker", "son of a bitch", "cunt", "cancer", to Axl ... well, you can keep waiting, because it never happened and it will never happen .... just because Slash is "too cool" to do it. He will never say something big/bad enough in public that could be pointed against him. That's not his style. He's that kind of rat that keeps prowling and biting a little bit every day. That kind of rat that almost no one can see what he's doing but, in the end, it's something more corrosive and deadly than a dog's bite. If you don't like the "rat" analogy, you can change it to "cancer" or whatever behaves like this.

This is just another example of the famous passive aggressiveness that everybody (including me) like to make fun of. But that was really there, no matter how much he tried to hide it with his coolness. In the end, the big public eye and his fans can say "look at our prince, he did nothing wrong ... all he did was just like a little drop of water in the ocean" ... but the problem is when you see it as just 1 little drop of water, because what really happened was something like chinese water torture ... just a single drop, after another ...

Conclusion:

Slash talked shit about Axl for years. (we are just talking about the Tobias case now but, don't forget all the bullshit about the band's name ...the lawsuits ... etc)

Edit: Axl shouldn't have brought Tobias to play with the other guys ... and it was a problem that could/should be solved inside doors.

:facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

And this is why, my friends, the general rock population fan base thinks that Axl fans are crazy.

90% of what you posted is absolute BS. Your attempt to revise history and to paint Slash as this person that you "think" he is........just wow. Why is that NOBODY else in the world has this negative portrayal of who Slash is? There are about 10 people on various GnR forums that act like they have Slash all figured out. It's really almost embarrassing.

Again. Just because Axl hates Slash doesn't mean that you have to hate Slash or constantly bash every thing he does. Downgrading Slash doesn't make somebody a bigger Axl Rose fan.

GUNNER PT:

Damn it GUNNER PT!!!

Now blood be boiling and 500 more pages to come ahead in this thread :facepalm:

No problem with me ... as long as we stay loyal to the facts :shades:

:facepalm:

Nothing you post on here is "fact" though. It's all you speculating about what a mess Slash is as a person.

You have no idea what he is like in real life. Everything you say about him is covered in your Axl worship style.

Again, have we heard anything negative about Slash from other musicians/producers/labels/etc in the last 20 years?

Stop trying to portray Slash into the image you WANT him to be to show how much of an Axl fan you are.

Lol, of course not.

Slash says he badmouthed Axl - that's all the proof there is.

But, Slash is also a damned LIAR....so maybe he was lying about that as well?

Canter said that Slash used to tell little white lies to make himself look cool. Some posters have taken that ONE throw away statement and now use it to portray Slash as a chronic liar. Nothing he says can be trusted, because he has a huge lying problem, which is a huge character flaw.

BUT also, don't believe anything that Canter says about Axl. Because he is just himself lying about his relationship with Axl so he can drum up more business for his deli and feed into his "online personality" ego.

The sad thing is I'm not exaggerating. There are really people on the GnR forums that think that way.

Well, Apollo... You dont know Slash and Axl either, yet you pass judgement on who they are most of the time.

It'd be wise not to point fingers at what other fans say or do because we are all somewhat floating on the same boat. None of us here is close friends with Axl or Slash.

Well, Apollo... You dont know Slash and Axl either, yet you pass judgement on who they are most of the time.

It'd be wise not to point fingers at what other fans say or do because we are all somewhat floating on the same boat. None of us here is close friends with Axl or Slash.

But Apollo stays neutral and realistically while some other guys... well... hopeless.

But Apollo stays neutral and realistically while some other guys... well... hopeless.

Every Apollo post I get to read he's defending Slash, so neutrality? Highly unlikely..

Maybe is just coincidence...