Slash badmouthing Axl in the press - questions...

Estranged Reality

PLEASE take personal battles to PMs.

Yes this thread is in Civil War which allows a little more leeway, but I large amount of completely unneeded work has been created for the mods/admins today because of off topic posts/insults and just plain childish behavior. So far today, One user has already received another warning point along with a 7 day suspension for disregarding these types of requests. Let's leave it at that and move on.

Back on topic, then ...

Now where is that proof?

Some people already told what they consider to be badmouthing.

According to what some people consider do be badmouthing, there's a lot of proofs all over this thread.

If some people refuse to see the elephant in the room, it's up with them.

Making the same question, over and over again, for 2 years, or 24 pages, or whatever, won't change anything.

Back on topic, then ...

Now where is that proof?

According to what some people consider do be badmouthing, there's a lot of proofs all over this thread.

Just because somebody considers a motorcycle to be a car, it doesn't make it a car, you know?

Back on topic, then ...

Now where is that proof?

Just because somebody considers a motorcycle to be a car, it doesn't make it a car, you know?

The same way just because somebody considers a car to be a motorcycle, it doesn't make it a motorcycle ...

Life isn't black and white ... when people radicalize their positions, like if everything was black or white, any attempt to dialogue will go nowhere ... and it's useless to continue ...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/badmouthing

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/badmouth

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/badmouthing

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bad+mouth

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bad-mouth

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/pt/definição/inglês/bad-mouth

http://dict.hinkhoj.com/words/meaning-of-BADMOUTH-in-hindi.html

http://www.yourdictionary.com/bad-mouth

I checked my 1492-pages dictionary (English-Portuguese), and I didn't found a translation for badmouthing ... maybe because it's a slang expression (?).
There's some definitions in the links above.
I would appreciate if someone could show me a better/unique definition for badmouthing. Thanks in advance :)

Gunner, from the first of your links:

To criticize or disparage, often spitefully or unfairly.

Slash was bitter about the break-up of the band when he left Guns N' Roses. Slash also chose to say a lot of things about Axl in the press. Slash never talked shit about Axl for years, which is what people have claimed in the forum, you included. I think nobody is saying that Slash never said negative stuff about Axl, I bet he has said spiteful stuff about him to his wife or friends, but when you claim that it was for years and to the press (public), you should then be able to provide examples from reliable sources. At this point, you have none, zero, nada.

What you consider to be "badmouthing" is not always what "badmouthing" means. At least, not in this case.

Looks like you don't know what "often" means ... "often"=/="always" B-)

Once you don't have your own source for a better/unique definition for badmouthing, you can also check the other links ... I never said there's only one definition.

But looks like we can agree with one thing ... Slash told negative stuff about Axl, right? He spoke unfavorably about him ... he criticized him ... he blamed him ... and he didn't say it in front of him, no, he said it in the press, on his back ... and that, ma friend, is badmouth ... or talking shit or whatever you want to call it ... the name doesn't really matter, it's just a detail people use to deny the evidence .... What he did, sucks and It's a betrayal ... no matter in which beautiful color you want to paint it ... no one who's reasonable would subscribe this kind of attitude.

Looks like you don't know what "often" means ... "often"=/="always" B-)

Once you don't have your own source for a better/unique definition for badmouthing, you can also check the other links ... I never said there's only one definition.

Proof that you don't understand what you read. Never said "often" means "always". The definitions that you have provided are all theoretically the same. Criticizing isn't badmouthing. That is a fact.

But looks like we can agree with one thing ... Slash told negative stuff about Axl, right? He spoke unfavorably about him ... he criticized him ... he blamed him ... and he didn't say it in front of him, no, he said it in the press, on his back ... and that, ma friend, is badmouth ... or talking shit or whatever you want to call it ... the name doesn't really matter, it's just a detail people use to deny the evidence .... What he did, sucks and It's a betrayal ... no matter in which beautiful color you want to paint it ... no one who's reasonable would subscribe this kind of attitude.

We're not agreeing on anything. Please learn how to read.

Do you know what "speaking unfavorably" means? He told his side of the story. Most of the things Slash said about Axl were true, as corroborated by Marc Canter. Telling the truth isn't badmouthing. That is a fact. Also, I would like to know how someone can "talk shit" about you behind your back if they're supposedly telling those terrible things about you to the press? What is more public than the press? I don't get it.

Nobody is denying any evidence because there isn't any. If you have found any evidence to back up the claim that Slash talked shit about Axl for years, please, feel free to share it, because we're almost 26 pages with zero proof.

Finally, learn the meaning of the word "betrayal" which is another word you don't know the true meaning of.

Never said "often" means "always".

Man, maybe you are the one who need to learn how to read ... I never said that you said that. :rolleyes:

Once "often" doesn't mean "always", it makes no sense to put it in bold, as you did in here:

To criticize or disparage, often spitefully or unfairly.

So ... "to criticize" is a way of "badmouthing", "often" spitfully or unfairly .... and I repeat, "often", not "always" ... "To criticize" it's a way of "badmouthing" by itself, sometimes it's done spitfully/unfairly but, not necessarily that way ...

Making it bold, doesn't make it change the meaning :lol:

The definitions that you have provided are all theoretically the same. Criticizing isn't badmouthing. That is a fact.

And I'm the one who need to learn how to read?

What do you read in here? -> http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/badmouth

I read the definition: "to criticize someone or something" and the following synonyms/related words: "to criticize, accuse or blame"

Man, my english really sucks ... I thought that was exactly what Slash did ... I've been wrong for years ... :jerkoff:

We're not agreeing on anything. Please learn how to read.

Sorry man ... my bad .. I misunderstood you again.

I thought that you said this:

I think nobody is saying that Slash never said negative stuff about Axl

I thought we were agreeing that Slash have said negative stuff about Axl ... my bad english again. :facepalm:

Nosaj Thing, on 05 May 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

Do you know what "speaking unfavorably" means?

I thought I knew ... but man ... you know, my english is really bad ... maybe I'm wrong again, as always .... always wrong me ...me always wrong ... Nosaj always right ... I trust on you to tell me what's right and the difference between right and wrong, Sir ...

He told his side of the story.

Oh ... I think I can guess this one ... let me try, let me try:
"Slash told his side of the story, which was really favorable to Axl" .... please, tell me I'm right this time :D

Most of the things Slash said about Axl were true, as corroborated by Marc Canter.

You mean ... the same Marc Canter who said Slash lie to look cool? Or ... the same Marc Canter who said Axl will tell us the truth?

Anyway ... who said that the things that Slash said about Axl weren't true? :rolleyes:

Telling the truth isn't badmouthing.

Says who? Nosaj Thing, the spanish internetz forum user from Peru? I already, kindly, asked for a better/unique definition for "badmouthing". Where is it?
25 pages 0 definitions for badmouthing ... and counting ...

That is a fact.

Nosaj Thing's facts ... :lol:

Also, I would like to know how someone can "talk shit" about you on your back if they're supposedly telling those terrible things about you to the press? What is more public than the press? I don't get it.

Oh man ... THE smart Nosaj Thing don't get it ...
Fck me ... I don't believe that dummie ignorant GUNNER PT have to explain things to smart Nosaj Thing ... :lol:
Let me try in my horrid english...
When you talk about someone in his back, doesn't mean that person will never know what you did. Now, you tell me ... was Axl in the room when Slash talked to the press? No? Then, looks like Slash was talking on Axl's back, to me ... :shrugs:
Waiting for proofs where Slash is criticizing Axl in front of him ... 25 pages, 0 proof, and counting ...
Once he was talking to the public (and not to someone in private), not only he was talking on Axl's back, but he was also doing it cowardly, risking to ruin his bandmate's public image/career.

If you have found any evidence to back up the claim that Slash talked shit about Axl for years, please, feel free to share it, because we're almost 26 pages with zero proof.

As I said before ... If people refuse to see the elephant in the room, it's up with them ... :shrugs:

Finally, learn the meaning of the word "betrayal" which is another word you don't know the true meaning of.

Can't wait for you to teach me :lol:

It wasn't just a betrayal ... IMO, it was a coward betrayal. ;)

(The forum doesn't allow so many quotes, so I just made some of them in red)

How exactly did Slash betray Axl?

He broke Axl's confidence by talking about him to the press.

When you are in a partnership, you don't go to the press to talk about your partners, you deal with them and solve your issues with them.

How exactly did Slash betray Axl?

He broke Axl's confidence by talking about him to the press.

When you are in a partnership, you don't go to the press to talk about your partners, you deal with them and solve your issues with them.

What if Axl was unreachable at the time? What if Axl broke Slash's confidence first by not showing up to rehearsals, surrounding himself with lawyers, looking for new lead guitar players? Still not ok to answer questions made to him about GNR status?

Man, maybe you are the one who need to learn how to read ... I never said that you said that. :rolleyes:

Once "often" doesn't mean "always", it makes no sense to put it in bold, as you did in here:

I bolded the part because it was the part you were clearly ignoring. You said "often =/= always", and also said I didn't know what "often" means, which I do. Don't imply something and then say "I never said that".

So ... "to criticize" is a way of "badmouthing", "often" spitfully or unfairly .... and I repeat, "often", not "always" ... "To criticize" it's a way of "badmouthing" by itself, sometimes it's done spitfully/unfairly but, not necessarily that way ...

Making it bold, doesn't make it change the meaning :lol:

There's no "...in a way". There's a meaning of the word and how you apply it to a specific context. Criticizing isn't badmouthing, no website on the internet is going to back up that claim. Try to look up "criticize" and read what you find. ;) You continue to refuse to understand the meaning of the words you use.

And I'm the one who need to learn how to read?

What do you read in here? -> http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/badmouth

Man, my english really sucks ... I thought that was exactly what Slash did ... I've been wrong for years ... :jerkoff:

Like I said, it's theoretically the same. We can try another website and it'll say something similar, but different. It is you the one who doesn't understand what you read.

When you criticize someone you're not badmouthing them automatically -- unless you're doing it to put them down or denigrate them. Let's say... someone's work is terrible, by saying it's terrible I'm not badmouthing them, by saying it's terrible because they're ignorant and dumb persons who can't get anything done at all, I am. It's the best example I can give you, if after this you're still oblivious to the fact that criticizing isn't badmouthing, I cannot help you.

Sorry man ... my bad .. I misunderstood you again.

I thought that you said this:

I think nobody is saying that Slash never said negative stuff about Axl

I thought we were agreeing that Slash have said negative stuff about Axl ... my bad english again. :facepalm:

Like I said, this is proof that you don't understand what you read. Fortunately, my original post is still there for everyone to see. I said, and I quote: "I think nobody is saying that Slash never said negative stuff about Axl, I bet he has said spiteful things about him to his wife or friends." If you don't know how a comma works in a sentence, then I cannot help you. ;)

I will reply to the rest of your post in a few minutes because it's a mess and I need more quotes, but don't worry, each and every point you have made will be addressed. :)

I thought I knew ... but man ... you know, my english is really bad ... maybe I'm wrong again, as always .... always wrong me ...me always wrong ... Nosaj always right ... I trust on you to tell me what's right and the difference between right and wrong, Sir ...

It's not about English, really. You can translate "speaking unfavorably" to your language, and you will probably not know what it means. If you know the meaning, please share it with us. Remember, you were the one who used it.

Oh ... I think I can guess this one ... let me try, let me try:

"Slash told his side of the story, which was really favorable to Axl" .... please, tell me I'm right this time :D

And only "favorable" stuff about Axl can be accepted as things he could have said to the press? Wasn't your problem that he went to the press to tell his side of the story regardless of how positive or negative those things were? Wouldn't you - as a fan - support the idea of knowing the "truth"? If Slash said favorable things to Axl, then it's accepted and condoned. If it's unfavorable, fuck the guy. :lol:

You mean ... the same Marc Canter who said Slash lie to look cool? Or ... the same Marc Canter who said Axl will tell us the truth?

Anyway ... who said that the things that Slash said about Axl weren't true? :rolleyes:

"Slash lies to make himself look cool" was said when Slash stated that he hated SCOM. If I remember correctly, Marc Canter never said that Axl "will tell us the truth", he said that Axl believes in his own truth. Half of the things Slash said about Axl were true, but still bothered Axl.

If Slash was telling the truth, then it can't be badmouthing, or shit-talking.

Says who? Nosaj Thing, the spanish internetz forum user from Peru? I already, kindly, asked for a better/unique definition for "badmouthing". Where is it?

25 pages 0 definitions for badmouthing ... and counting ...

Does it make a difference who am I or where I am posting from?

If you're telling the truth, you're not badmouthing anyone, buddy. It's not up to me. It's not my definition. Common sense is not on your side today. I mean, and I can't believe I have to explain this to you, the word is "bad" and "mouthing" for a reason. :) Show me one example where telling the truth is badmouthing or shit-talking.

You have provided the links yourself. The first link says it all. Find examples of the word and when or where to use it.

Nosaj Thing's facts ... :lol:

Not "my" facts. Just "facts". If you have a problem with the things stated as facts in this thread, refute them. It should be easy for you. Emoticons are not the way to go.

Let me try in my horrid english...

When you talk about someone in his back, doesn't mean that person will never know what you did. Now, you tell me ... was Axl in the room when Slash talked to the press? No? Then, looks like Slash was talking on Axl's back, to me ... :shrugs:

Waiting for proofs where Slash is criticizing Axl in front of him ... 25 pages, 0 proof, and counting ...

Once he was talking to the public (and not to someone in private), not only he was talking on Axl's back, but he was also doing it cowardly, risking to ruin his bandmate's public image/career.

Hahahahaha, this is hilarious. So Axl will never know about the things Slash said because he said them in public, but had he said them in private, then it would have not been "behind Axl's back"? Oh Jesus, I'm dying of laughter here. It's the complete opposite.

I don't know what Slash said or still say about Axl in private, but trust me, he could be as nasty as he wants, we will probably never know. As for the things he said in public, you still need to provide that information. The things he said to the press, according to you, are many many deplorable unfaithful things, so, if you had the opportunity to read them, what makes you think Axl didn't? :lol:

As I said before ... If people refuse to see the elephant in the room, it's up with them ... :shrugs:

I don't know what "it's up with them" means. Nobody is refusing to see anything because you have not provided what you have been asked for.

Can't wait for you to teach me :lol:

It wasn't just a betrayal ... IMO, it was a coward betrayal. ;)

There's no such thing as "coward betrayal".

In order to betray Axl, Slash would have had to say things he couldn't say to Axl personally, making him think everything was fine, when it wasn't. Axl himself said that he tried to work things out with Slash by having four-hour conversations on the phone almost everyday. Axl and Slash confronted each other after the UYI tour. Slash said he never wanted to do Seymour ballads, Axl said in 2002 that we - the fans - didn't know the things he had to put up to get Slash and Duff to play those songs.

Axl also said that Slash and Duff bullied him by telling him he was an idiot and a loser, that everything he came up with was "crap". So, there is no two-faced statements here (if we were to believe Axl, of course). Are you going to say that Axl was lying then?

Man ... this conversation it's getting too much long and we are going nowhere ... it's useless to continue quoting each other in every single point ...

But there's something that I really have to quote:

Marc Canter never said that Axl "will tell us the truth"

13 - In your opinion, which old line-up member is able to write the most loyal biography to the facts? Or is it better for people to read your book instead, because none of them (old members) might tell us the whole truth?

Axl will give you the truth, but there is sometimes two sids to a story so you have to hear both sides and try to make something out of it.

http://www.gunsnrosesportugal.com/forum/index.php?topic=921.0

Another gem:

So Axl will never know about the things Slash said because he said it in public,

^^^ This interpretation of what I said, it's hilarious ... :lol:

---

About your aguments regarding the definition of "badmouthing" ... well ... that's your opinion, man :shrugs:

When you praise someone doesn't mean that you're lying (in a positive way) about that person to make it look better than it is ... same shit with badmouthing.

What if Axl was unreachable at the time? What if Axl broke Slash's confidence first by not showing up to rehearsals, surrounding himself with lawyers, looking for new lead guitar players? Still not ok to answer questions made to him about GNR status?

Too many "ifs" ... but that's ok:

Are you trying to prove that Slash didn't badmouth Axl or are you trying to prove that Slash had a motive to badmouth Axl? ... I really didn't get it :awesomeface:

Man ... this conversation it's getting too much long and we are going nowhere ... it's useless to continue quoting each other in every single point ...

As long as we keep it civil and discuss the facts, I don't see what the problem is. I, for one, am enjoying the discussion.

But there's something that I really have to quote:

Marc Canter never said that Axl "will tell us the truth"

13 - In your opinion, which old line-up member is able to write the most loyal biography to the facts? Or is it better for people to read your book instead, because none of them (old members) might tell us the whole truth?

Axl will give you the truth, but there is sometimes two sids to a story so you have to hear both sides and try to make something out of it.

http://www.gunsnrosesportugal.com/forum/index.php?topic=921.0

...but there is sometimes two sides to a story so you have to hear both sides and try to make something out of it. ;)

Another gem:

So Axl will never know about the things Slash said because he said them in public,

^^^ This interpretation of what I said, it's hilarious ... :lol:

You don't know what a "gem" is.

It's not an interpretation, it is what you said. Maybe you wanted to say something different? If that's the case, you can try to explain yourself better.

About your aguments regarding the definition of "badmouthing" ... well ... that's your opinion, man :shrugs:

When you praise someone doesn't mean that you're lying (in a positive way) about that person to make it look better than it is ... same shit with badmouthing.

It isn't my opinion. It is a fact. If you want to refute the facts stated in this thread, you are more than welcome to do so.

I'm not understanding your last sentence. What exactly are you trying to say there?

...but there is sometimes two sides to a story so you have to hear both sides and try to make something out of it. ;)

Everybody knows that. ;) Funny to see which parts you, conveniently, chose to highlight.

But, but, when Slash started TALKING SHIT about Axl in the press ... we only got one side of the story ... but, some certain people chose that side without hearing the other side ... so, you can save your pocket's philosophy for yourself ;)

It's funny that, when Marc was asked about "who is able to write the most loyal biography to the facts" ... he mention Axl ... lol, the guy who didn't wrote a book and stayed silent for years ... Of course he didn't want to make it look like the other guys (who wrote books) were lying ... maybe, that's why he added that diplomatic explanation...

Edited by GUNNER PT