Favorite Director?

wasted

Tarantino, Guy Ritchie, for the fun movies. Verhoeven (mostly cause of his dutch movies), Fellini, Scola and Sergio Leone (I have this thing for Italian movies and directors) for the more serious ones. It sounds strange calling Verhoeven serious, but his dutch movies are very different.

Verhoeven and his obsession with nudity.Guy Ritchie? Didn't his career go down the toilet after Snatch?

I love Snatch and Lock Stock is one of my favorite movies ever! I also liked Sherlock Holmes.

That nudity thing is very dutch. In all serious dutch movies, there is also a lot of nudity. Something to do with realism, or they just like nudity :lol:

But Verhoeven's Soldier of Orange (dutch) is a masterpiece as well.

Edited by MBRose

Verhoeven and his obsession with nudity.Guy Ritchie? Didn't his career go down the toilet after Snatch?

I love Snatch and Lock Stock is one of my favorite movies ever! I also liked Sherlock Holmes.

That nudity thing is very dutch. In all serious dutch movies, there is also a lot of nudity. Something to do with realism, or they just like nudity :lol:

But Verhoeven's Soldier of Orange (dutch) is a masterpiece as well.

I really enjoyed Black Book. Nudity is also a German thing. Especially back then in East Germany when people were free to go naked.

You watched Black Book? Really cool!

It's a great movie as well.

If you like those kind of war movies, you should watch soldier of orange. It's based on a true story. It's old, but still good.

Again with Rutger Hauer (lead).

Hitchcock and Scorsese are probably my two favourite film directors of all time.

There are of course other great directors who I could never really rank, from the likes of Welles to Polanski to even modern dudes like PT Anderson, but for my book Hitch and Scorsese had the biggest impact on me in my early film journeys.

I'd actually probably rank Spielberg up there too in terms of childhood impact but for some reason I wouldn't put him on the level of Scorsese. Maybe because he's been more inconsistent and spread himself too thin with all his producing.