What If: Axl's Basement Sessions

MrPoe

No one seems to know why Axl won't put out any new music, but there's nothing to stop him from opening a Youtube account and performing a couple songs in his home studio to gain public reaction. It would seem like a better scenario than alleged "leaked on purpose" songs.

He wouldn't be giving anything away for free. These wouldn't be polished studio versions. But it would give fans a chance to hear the genesis of new songs and to see GnR is actively working on things. And he'd have feedback from his fanbase as well.

• Like 1

No one seems to know why Axl won't put out any new music, but there's nothing to stop him from opening a Youtube account and performing a couple songs in his home studio to gain public reaction. It would seem like a better scenario than alleged "leaked on purpose" songs.

He wouldn't be giving anything away for free. These wouldn't be polished studio versions. But it would give fans a chance to hear the genesis of new songs and to see GnR is actively working on things. And he'd have feedback from his fanbase as well.

Axl can't even seem to get himself into a studio with these guys, what makes you think he'd upload stuff to YouTube? :lol:

I mean it's a good idea in theory, just not realistic.

I also think Axl's kind of old-fashioned when it comes to the music industry and everything, I don't get the vibe that he'd be one to try to capitalize upon the immediacy of the Internet when it comes to releasing music.

• Like 1