Soaps

Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

I'm gonna make an earth shattering admission here...i watch Eastenders religiously...there, i said! :unsure: I'm officially out of the closet!

Edited by sugaraylen

My father's helped write for Eastenders before, he's one of those writers who gets called in when they source out work just so they can turn around and say 'it's not all in-house'; When Dirty Den got written back in, my father's claim to that was giving him a wife and naming her after a sister of mine; Christine...

Back then I was preview to all the storylines... When Janine pushed her newlywed husband Barry off the cliff because she was using him and couldn't stand the sight of him, I found out about that months in advance... There was this girl who was in my photography class at the time (this was like late 2003). - Her mother also wrote for Eastenders and she also knew of this storyline and; we sat there talking about it.

It's a small world.

I hope your father is not the one writing the episodes in which Kat spreads her legs which, is basically every episode come to think of it.

Nah, just that time then... I was stupid, growing up with him, when offering work out to a young me who was asking it was like

"Go an be an extra on Eastenders."

and yeah, basic training followed like... Walk to that point there, on that point there (some marker or whatever); silently clear your throat (or whatever direction I was given for this training under my father's tutelage).

There were some conditions of course;

"Cut your hair!"

Because my hair was big; I was young...

"They'd never take you on as an extra with that hair, it'll stick out too much"...

He may have been right, he may been being a little bit old school and conservative....

My main problem was not being sober enough to work and stuff, and also, I was trying all the wrong ways to make my band start.

Oh well, maybe in some alternate universe in what-could-have-been-land, I guess.

Loved Brookie. Bring back Brookie is what I say. You always needed an umbrella while watching it.

When it comes to soaps I prefer a nice scented French milled one. None of that supermarket crap for me. :lol:
(All other definitions of the word 'soap' are a pile of shit too <_<)

That Neighbours character from the '90s, Joe Mangle or somebody? He probably did more to set Australian stereotypes (here in Britain) into the 'dark ages' than when Ned Kelly was alive.

Guest Len B'stard

I always imagine people who watch soaps to have very empty and boring lives... :unsure:

Thats about the size of it, yeah :lol:

Loved Brookie. Bring back Brookie is what I say. You always needed an umbrella while watching it.

When it comes to soaps I prefer a nice scented French milled one. None of that supermarket crap for me.

(All other definitions of the word 'soap' are a pile of shit too )

That Neighbours character from the '90s, Joe Mangle or somebody? He probably did more to set Australian stereotypes (here in Britain) into the 'dark ages' than when Ned Kelly was alive.

Joe Mangle, fuck me, i ain't heard that name since i was a baby..

Brookside, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, all a load of shit, it's all about Eastenders :lol: What was the one where they blew everything up as a way to end it? I love that, you can tell the writers put a lot of thought into that eh, like, 'how do we end this story?' :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

Corrie is king.

Bolllooooooockkkssss :lol: Its all about Eastenders man, who wants to watch a bunch of thick Northern Dingles from Salford goin' on about...mining and scallop butties or whatever it is that passes for a life in that ghastly part of the world :lol:

I spoke to my father (as a joke) asking him for extras work on Eastenders... He said

"No chance, they're moving production up north to Media City (BBC in Manchester) away from Ealing..."

Needless to say; News of this has me looking out for rising sea levels, cats barking and other signs from the book of revelations.

THE END IS NIGH PPL.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Guest Len B'stard

I read something the other day about how John Lydon wanted a role in Crossroads back in the day...seriously here :lol:

I heard MANY MANY MANY years ago that Snoop Dogg wanted a part on Corrie (Coronation Street); ((Back when he was Snoop Dogg).

Thats was pretty recently man, i remember that. Fuckin' Snoop Dogg poppin' into the fuckin' Rovers :lol: