Where Do You See GNR Years From Now?

ChristmasFnatic

Comparing Axl to pop stars isnt worth it. Pop stars basically say anything then go off to coke orgies on yachts.

Of course Axl held accountable for what he puts out. There are various scenarios to just unloading material unfinished or without thought. That is more for die hards. That could all come in the end. But doesnt mean he cant make a real record about his 40s. That comes out when hes 60. i think the talk of Axl demise is unwarranted. Its not at the hite flag surrender point yet. Not by a long shot.

Axl isntinternet friendly. I mean the internet makes the stones look lazy. You used to wait a month for a snippet of news in mag. Now we want twitter updates hourly on the next GNR album. I think it distorts things.

Edited by wasted

I say at somepoint within the next 5 years Buckethead comes back into the fold somewhere.....either a guest spot during during a tour, or returning full time and Ron going away....either way i dont see Ron being in the band within the next 5 years or so...either via Bucket wanting back in or Robin coming back into the fold...and i dont see Axl ditching DJ anytime soon...just feel Ron would be the one to go...

2 Years - Nothing, maybe a few shows
5 Years - Possible album/tour

10 Years - Nothing

15 Years - Nothing

50 years - GNR is remembered as one of the best fucking rock n' roll bands to have graced the planet, with the likes of Zepp, Purple, Hendrix etc. And when talking about GNR, people will barely be able to recall that blip called Chinese Democracy. (not trying to incite arguing here, this is how I've always imagined it, might be a bit too hopeful).

• Like 1

I dont see this band in the future,the situation right now is really sad, i think maybe ron will leave soon and they will tour a few years more,Axl singing as bad as nowadays.I really prefer them to quit.THIS IS NOT GNR.Not because of the new band,because of actitude, in 2010 they were great,right now they are a joke

Edited by rudolf1978
  • Like 1

You know that wind sound at the beginning of November Rain video? Thats how I picture it.

He tried to make it work but we just wouldnt let him. He tried to create the future but we demanded the past. He tried to cloud our eyes with illusions that we could use if we let them. We saw through the thin veil to the heart of the matter and heard bygone eras longs since belonging to the universe . Fodder for the historians and the recreationsist to mull over and the masses to contemplate what could have been- if only. The lonely soul left unexpressed -misunderstood and marginalized consumed by rot and decay in a city of empty promises and fiegned love and adoration. Would you give him the keys to unlock wonder in a time of hate and disdain? Would the song be sung loud enough to deafen out the chaos? No. No it would not.

-Half Way Though

I agree that Ron is most likely the first to exit, which sucks! but you can't have somebody in limbo for years on end without making music when that's what they want to do. I would understand him leaving... I'd leave at this stage!

Where do i see it going? well the Christmas DVD then next year light touring around the making of the next album. another album after that? I'm not so sure, I think the next album will be the last, mainly due to the time they tend to take between records. 10 more years of solid touring and then into a semi-retired state where they do the residency gigs for the end of year pay day. all out retirement isn't really an option seen as album sales aren't floating huge artists anymore. there's a reason Axl's been touring so much of late!!!

Now we want twitter updates hourly on the next GNR album. I think it distorts things.

Except that is a huge exaggeration.

One album in 15 years..............and we literally get an album update every couple of years.

Nobody is saying hourly updates. How about a three-sentence update three times a year? Three sentences every four months. Why is that too much for a band to do?

These guys couldn't even answer five softball questions from their die-hard fan base.

2 Years - Probably a few shows and that's it

5 Years - A new album and maybe some touring

10 Years - Dunno, maybe some touring

15 Years - Another album

50 Years - GNR will be remembered as one of the greatest rock bands of all times. Even Chinese Democracy will finally get the recognition it deserves.

10 Years - Nothing

15 Years - Nothing

50 years - GNR is remembered as one of the best fucking rock n' roll bands to have graced the planet, with the likes of Zepp, Purple, Hendrix etc. And when talking about GNR, people will barely be able to recall that blip called Chinese Democracy. (not trying to incite arguing here, this is how I've always imagined it, might be a bit too hopeful).

Yes because their best album to date (CD) will be a little blip in history....

:jerkoff:

10 Years - Nothing

15 Years - Nothing

:jerkoff:

I say at somepoint within the next 5 years Buckethead comes back into the fold somewhere.....either a guest spot during during a tour, or returning full time and Ron going away....either way i dont see Ron being in the band within the next 5 years or so...either via Bucket wanting back in or Robin coming back into the fold...and i dont see Axl ditching DJ anytime soon...just feel Ron would be the one to go...

What makes you say that? Maybe the guest spot but even that seems like a bit of a stretch. Bucket has pretty much released more music in the last 6 months than Axl ever has. I don't see a guy like that, who is so prolific and is focused on creating, stopping and going through the motions again with GnR.

A documentary during the GnR buckethead years would've been interesting lol

I think Axl will probably change up is musician lineup. I wouldn't be surprised if he fires some of them and replaces them again.

I think the band is good they way they are, but with DJ writing for Sixx AM and probably touring with them, I mean how can he continue to be a member of GNR?

The other members seem to be doing different stuff too, so it's hard to think of them as GNR now.

I hate to say it, but I guess some of them are just a back up band. I think Dizzy will always stay with Axl, but the rest, who knows? I would love to see Izzy join GNR again. I could see that happening.

Your view is not the majority view, not even close.

And people say there is no such thing as an Axl Nutter.

Axl could put out an album full of just him burping and Justin bieber adding back-up vocals and about 6 people on this forum would declare it the greatest album of the last decade and talk about how visionary Axl was.