Which Pearl Jam song most reminds you of a GNR song?

CoolRanchDressing

Axl on World Wide Suicide would be awesome.

Wonder if Axl would consider a Spaghetti incident 2. Mac N Roses. 90s covers

Killing in the Name

Midlife Crisis

The Day I Tried to Live

Them Bones

Dont Look Back In Anger

Rear View Mirror

Two Lane Black Top

On a Plain

Under the Bridge

Mrs Robinson

Touch Me Im Sick

Closer

Got the Life

Riders on the Storm

Edited by wasted

I have never been able to get into Pearl Jam. I think it's because i feel the frontman has a regular voice...nothing special.

The only album i've liked was Ten, and even so i don't listen to it a whole lot...

When Pearl Jam came out though, they were very different to other bands at the time. The Screaming Trees and other bands were around too, and were ok in their own right, but became popular after PJ developed the sound.. Paw were a good band too actually, I liked their first album. They had a similar feel as well

Anyway, I saw Pearl Jam live when they released Ten, and to this very day, it remains one of the best amazing concerts I have ever seen. I saw Nirvana live between before Nevermind and after Bleach, and thought they were terrible. I like Nevermind later on, but always thought they were awful live.

The reason you think Pearl Jam sounds like other bands is that other band copied them later on, same with Guns and any other band that was successful.

I didn't know the bands you've mentioned, so i've checked The Screaming Tees. "Nearly Lost You" song and really liked it! I will explore it but i have to say i think i will like it more than Pearl Jam...i think the guy's voice is much better than Eddie's with all due respect. At least to my taste!

Edited by AndreCC

I have never been able to get into Pearl Jam. I think it's because i feel the frontman has a regular voice...nothing special.

The only album i've liked was Ten, and even so i don't listen to it a whole lot...

When Pearl Jam came out though, they were very different to other bands at the time. The Screaming Trees and other bands were around too, and were ok in their own right, but became popular after PJ developed the sound.. Paw were a good band too actually, I liked their first album. They had a similar feel as well

Anyway, I saw Pearl Jam live when they released Ten, and to this very day, it remains one of the best amazing concerts I have ever seen. I saw Nirvana live between before Nevermind and after Bleach, and thought they were terrible. I like Nevermind later on, but always thought they were awful live.

The reason you think Pearl Jam sounds like other bands is that other band copied them later on, same with Guns and any other band that was successful.

I didn't know the bands you've mentioned, so i've checked The Screaming Tees. "Nearly Lost You" song and really liked it! I will explore it but i have to say i think i will like it more than Pearl Jam...i think the guy's voice is much better than Eddie's with all due respect. At least to my taste!
Theres a great GH and Dust is a great album.

List of 90s covers includes Riders on the Storm. Pretty much sums up wasted as a poster. :lol:

bcos of the movie i always think of The Doors as a 90s band.