Favorite Godzilla films 1954 to 1975

Godzilla  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since the new Godzilla film by Legendary Pictures/Warner Brothers is out next year, I figured I make a three part poll, each representing an era of the Godzilla franchise.

Some of you hardcore fans (if there are any) may point out that most of these films were edited for US or Western release, but they are still the same film with exception of the first two poll choices Godzilla (1954) and Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1956) the latter being an American version that used most of the original film but added scenes with American actor Raymond Burr.

If poll is success I may make polls for the Heisei series starting with The Return of Gozilla (though released during the Showa period, but it is considered part of the Heisei) and another for The Millennium Series.

Edited by Georgy Zhukov

You're a beautiful man, Georgy :P.

I have a special affection for Ebirah: Horror of the Deep, as it was a bit of a legend my Dad used to tell me as a wee boy whenever we went down the beach hunting crabs and also the first Godzilla movie I ever watched. I haven't seen it in years, but I loved it as a kid.

Destroy All Monsters is also great fun, the royal rumble at the end is particularly satisfying.

I loved all the movies as a kid, but I am not sure if I would like them now. Maybe I will for nostalgic reasons. I grew out of Godzilla in my teen years and now that I have a kid (a girl, but girls can like Godzilla...) I might just get into them again. As long my wife will not leave me :lol:

• Like 1