Do you think the next GN'R album will be a posthumous release?

wfuckinga

Ya do? Just who do you think these rights of his go to? There's a good topic, his brother and sis? If so yeah, ya might hear 5-8 albums worth after the fact, box sets, you name it. It depends on who gets the rights. Anyway he'll live another 20 years, at least, 2 albums sounds right.. maybe 3. I just want to hear Soul Monster before I die, I'm a simple man.

To be honest, if the vault was accessed after Axl's death, it would probably become apparent that the 'two or three records' were nowhere near completion.

• Like 2

I'm quite sure Axl has already taken care of his will and that we'll never hear any of his song sketches after he dies.

We'll also never hear any new music from him, aside from the occasional "Going Down" style leaks, which are completely inconsequential.

To be honest, if the vault was accessed after Axl's death, it would probably become apparent that the 'two or three records' were nowhere near completion.

OR, Axl has a device in his body that set the vault to implode once his hearbeat stops.
As I said before, Interscope will have to develop some sort of WALL-E. That way, they'll be able to scan through the vault searching for that all-important completed song. Edited by NGOG

Don't be so dramatic new music will come... I would love to now exactly when we'll get it but! that's just not on the cards. will Axl release music before he dies? yeah! he's only in his 50s let's not discard him just yet! unless it's sudden death related Axls going to be here for another while so I can't imagine him not releasing something between now and then. The question should be when GnR release something will people still care as much as they do now! I think they will as long as it's done right (as in not ten years after CDs release, promoted and maybe a little less produced).

One album of new original material between 1991 and 2013.................this is why Axl fought so hard to keep the GnR name alive?

Since 1996:

Dokken has put out six albums

4 live albums

7 greatest hits albums (I know, weird)

Great White

5 albums

2 live albums

12 greatest hits albums (again, weird)

Mr. Big

4 albums

Warrant

5 albums

2 live albums

1 greatest hits

How is there enough of a market or label support for Great White and Dokken to continually put out albums, but not for Axl Rose?

My guess now is that Axl/Beta puts out one more album in the next five years and then that's it.

Unless he goes broke or gets in a fight with Beta. Once she and her family is out of the picture or they need more money, I could see Axl releasing more music.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1

A posthumous release is the only remote way I see new nu material officially getting released. And even then I kinda doubt it. No way it's gonna happen while Axl's alive, and the only way we'd hear new material now is if it leaks.

The label's gonna probably want to milk stuff from the lineups most of the general public considers GNR first; so probably things like the UYI documentary and whatever else they have lying around. Then if they've got nothing left from the heyday to milk; *maybe* they'll try to reach an agreement with Team Brazil (who's more than likely going to inherit the estate sadly, and will probably be easier to "barter" with), and mark it as "Axl's Final Years". That's the only way I can even possibly ever see us getting the last of the nu era material, other than by it leaking of course.

Mark my words.

• Like 1

We're gonna get new stuff. Through the official band channels. Axl is going to come through, guaranteed. Don't know when and don't know how MANY more times, but at least once more and hopefully more than that.

Check back with me next week when I'm all doom and gloom again, but today I feel good.

• Like 1

He might be out of shape but I don't know shit about his lifestyle beyond what we all know. And everything that's followed from that info has been nothing but conjecture. 64 seems WAY pessimistic to me, but hey we could all go at any time so who knows?

I think he's got a true second half of his career ahead of him if he wants it bad enough. Bowie, McCartney, Plant have all shown that you can have a major creative bloom in the later years of ones career. Axl's GOOD enough to have that, too. But obviously it's ENTIRELY up to him.