The Walking Shit (Season 4)

bacardimayne

I don't want anyone of the good characters to die.

I hope they kill everyone in Terminus and Carol, Tyrese, Judith and Beth find their way there and the group takes over Terminus for awhile or leaves and finds another better place.

This world sucks so to have the group have some peace for a bit would be nice. but first Terminus residents have to die!

Because she's a terrible character?

Except she's not? She's actually one of the more well-written characters. For the longest time she was the only who did what needed to be done, for the good of everybody. She taught the kids how to defend themselves, she was the one who tried to halt the spread of the disease by burning Karen/the other guy, she was the one who shot Lizzy to protect Judith. She's the one that looks after people, and yet she's a terrible character?

Pray tell, who do you consider to be great characters?

• Like 1

Except she's not? She's actually one of the more well-written characters. For the longest time she was the only who did what needed to be done, for the good of everybody. She taught the kids how to defend themselves, she was the one who tried to halt the spread of the disease by burning Karen/the other guy, she was the one who shot Lizzy to protect Judith. She's the one that looks after people, and yet she's a terrible character?

She was always in the way for the main characters and couldn't tell her ass from her elbow during the first half of the series, yet now she is suddenly all bad ass. Terrible.

She was always in the way for the main characters and couldn't tell her ass from her elbow during the first half of the series, yet now she is suddenly all bad ass. Terrible.

She's practically a main character herself... and plus, her journey to being the strong Carol she is began when Sophia (really) died. It's been a slow, and not-so-outright development but you can see it building slowly. That's how she's a well-written character, she's got more depth than the majority of the people on this show. Clearly you have no grasp of what a well-developed character is. She's not just suddenly 'bad-ass', she's a survivor and a realistic one at that.

Again, what do you consider to be well-written and great characters?

Edited by ***Flawless

She's practically a main character herself... and plus, her journey to being the strong Carol she is began when Sophia (really) died. It's been a slow, and not-so-outright development but you can see it building slowly. That's how she's a well-written character, she's got more depth than the majority of the people on this show. Clearly you have no grasp of what a well-developed character is. She's not just suddenly 'bad-ass', she's a survivor and a realistic one at that.

Again, what do you consider to be well-written and great characters?

It was more of an abrupt change than a development. Suddenly when s4 started, she was suddenly bad ass Carol, while before she had been that useless woman responsible for the kids while the other main characters were out getting shit done. Plus, she's a Christian. I'm sorry that I offended you by sharing my opinion on the worst character of the series, but what I consider to be "great characters" in this series is irrelevant to our discussion - it will only lead to you finding some sort of minuscule negative trait in that character and point out that it is identical to what I am criticizing Carol for. Our discussion is about Carol, not about the other characters.

• 2 weeks later...

The characters that I like:

Tyreese

Michonne

Daryl

Beth

Bob

The problem with a show like this is what would be the obvious thing to do in real life (stay put in a well barricaded and defensible position) makes for very boring TV. Moreover, characters like Maggie and Glenn, who are reliable, trustworthy and pull their weight, are people who would be great for your group in real life, but don't necessarily make for interesting viewing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got caught up on the comic issues today. The war conclusion was underwhelming but I really liked the new issue. Felt like a much needed change. I feel like we haven't seen the last of Negan being a big deal either.

Edited by bacardimayne

Still haven't bothered watching the rest of Season 4. The only character I liked was the psycho girl but I heard she died. Lame.

Why they don't just go to the coast, look at a map and sail to a deserted island is beyond me. Live the rest of their days like a billionaire.