2014 RRHoF inductees include Kiss, Hall & Oates, Nirvana, Peter Gabriel, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens

ohlovelyrita

The Rock Hall of Fame includes all genres of music except Classical and Country, because there are already Halls of Fame for Classical and Country.

Kool didn't know they didn't include them for those reasons but it makes sense.

Edited by MEXzilla

Lol at people thinking The Replacements have a half decent chance of getting inducted.

This.

Honestly, it's called the Rock N' Roll Hall of FAME. I'm not a big Kiss or Nirvana fan, but I do recognize their contributions to rock music. To even think about including a band like The Replacements, is fucking retatded. They are not, and never were, famous. Can anyone here honestly say they knew who The Replacements were BEFORE Stinson joined GNR?

inb4 butthurt mulletheads start crying because a hip hop group was nominated

Ok. Then why they called itt Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame?

This is pointless for me

Dance, hip-hop/rap artist nominated and inducted when the true "pioneers" (Deep Purple, Kiss) aren't?

Gimme a break...

Lol NWA? More like lolcano.

Look I understand rap and actually don't mind the old acts from the 80's and early 90s but putting NWA in an "organization" that includes Led Zeppelin, Metallica etc...that's laughable.

holy shit i totally agree with you

inb4 butthurt mulletheads start crying because a hip hop group was nominated

I don't agree NWA should be in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with NWA. I would consider myself a casual fan (in fact I really enjoy each member's solo work), however this is the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. Which to my knowledge isn't the type of music NWA excelled in.

If though, there were to be a music Hall of Fame then by all means NWA would get my full support.

With that said, I don't really give a shit either way and I have no intention of ever visiting. It's just my two cents.

great post

People that grew up in the 70s and 80s sure do.

I suppose if you are 20 you might not see what the big deal is...

I'm 23 and i'm a casual KISS fan, and i can name more songs than the hits, although i truly think they are jerks as humans, lol

You guys need to know one thing: You might not like KISS's music, imagery or philosophy but KISS was SUPER important to rock music. Muchhhh more important than Guns N' Roses. KISS took live shows to a whole new level. KISS reinvented the live album. They made the live album what it is today. KISS incorporated mass capitalism into rock music in a way that just hadn't been done before them. Destroyer molded a generation. From 1975-1977 KISS was the biggest band in the world. Now of Gene and Paul have an ounce of dignity, they will reject the nomination. Same goes for Ace and Peter but I highly doubt Peter will have the decency.

Lol at people thinking The Replacements have a half decent chance of getting inducted.

This.

Honestly, it's called the Rock N' Roll Hall of FAME. I'm not a big Kiss or Nirvana fan, but I do recognize their contributions to rock music. To even think about including a band like The Replacements, is fucking retatded. They are not, and never were, famous. Can anyone here honestly say they knew who The Replacements were BEFORE Stinson joined GNR?

There are countless bands/artists in the HOF who wouldn't be considered "famous". I find it humorous how people are panicking because a NuGNR member might get inducted.