Metallica to play Antarctica

Amir

No Trapped Under Ice = giant fail.

this

here's some videos

http://metalbase.in/metallica-playing-live-in-antarctica/

There was a livestream via cococola.tv. I saw it last night, the mix was excellent. And pretty solid performance, as always.

I find it quite shitty performance, but maybe because the cold, they play extremely poor, imo

Kirk solos makes me cringe :/

No Trapped Under Ice = giant fail.

this

here's some videos

http://metalbase.in/metallica-playing-live-in-antarctica/

There was a livestream via cococola.tv. I saw it last night, the mix was excellent. And pretty solid performance, as always.

I find it quite shitty performance, but maybe because the cold, they play extremely poor, imo

Kirk always is sloppy, and uses too much the wah pedal.

It wasn't that cold, some of the ppl there were in jerseys.

Yeah, Kirk takes the prize for this gig.

Kirk shits all over his solos live. All of those guys are just terrible live. Wish they would have pulled a Zeppelin after Cliff died.

Kirk shits all over his solos live. All of those guys are just terrible live. Wish they would have pulled a Zeppelin after Cliff died.
Yeah and how many of us would give a fuck about them then?

Yeah and how many of us would give a fuck about them then?

I'd be just fine without all the people who bring attention to Metallica because of their post-80s work. They were an amazing band when they lived up to their namesake, but 1990 onward for Metallica has been a shame, both in the studio and on the road.

Well my question is how many of us would be fans? How many of us would there be to say "Oh the 80s was the dog's bollocks" if they hadn't released the Black Album?

I mean I've only been a fan since 2008 or so but I'm a proper hardcore fan and that and of course I think the 80s shit and the Black Album kill everything else but the odds of saying that without the Black album? I mean yeah I love my metal and that but fact of the matter is that wouldn't be the case if I hadn't had Metallica there as this big, well known band. To put it another way, you wouldn't hear many say that about their old buddy Mustaine's band, Slayer, Anthrax or Pantera. Bottom line is Metallica is a huge gateway band for metal fans and matter of fact good enough their best selling shit other than the self titled is the first four albums.

Say what you will about Metallica, but this is cool as hell for their fans... literally! hahaha

Surprised that they didn't bust out Trapped Under Ice or Stone Cold Crazy for this occasion though

Kirk seems to have gotten worse over the years, and I'm sure the cold didn't help him here either.

But James still plays tight rhythm guitar, and he has a bit of growl back in his voice too.