How do you feel watching this video of GnR?

gunnari

Everything newGnR does makes the old band look even better...from management to releasing new stuff :P

Because it's been 20 years since the old band released anything and their last manager was as much on Axl's nuts as tb will ever be?

OK. :shrugs:

It´s not a mater of time. People still listen to Mozart and he hasn´t done anything in more than 200 years. I guess we all listen music we like. And we talk about what we like.

That's nice and all, but what does it have to do with releases and management?

Well that´s the issue. This thread is not about releases and managers. It´s about old videos about the band that used to be. And some of us wish we could have that again. Because we didn´t become fans 5 years ago. We became fans in the late 80s or early 90. In my own personal opinion the changes don´t make the band and their music better. Sure I can go to a show here and still have a good time with Axl but to me it´s not the same

You were the one that jumped into an off topic conversation that I didn't start, with something completely irrelevant to the off topic discussion. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by throwing an opinion that I care nothing about at me, but I hope it relieves whatever pressure you had building up there. Now what is it you're trying to argue about exactly? You wish there was a reunion and you want more videos? Good. So?

What???? If you check my first post here it was about the videos (page1) Then you mentioned that the old band has done nothing in 20 years. All I did was to point out that for me it´s not a matter or time.It´s a matter of what I like and I don´t care how old it is. Stop twisting things around. I never ask for new videos or anything. I was just explaning myself.

So you were explaining yourself to me when I never asked for an explanation or commented on anything you said? Why? It doesn't matter to me if you want or don't want new videos because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it either way. And where are you digging up this accusation that I'm attacking you for liking the old band? Newsflash, so do I. So does mostly everyone here. You aren't special in that regard.

Everything newGnR does makes the old band look even better...from management to releasing new stuff :P

Because it's been 20 years since the old band released anything and their last manager was as much on Axl's nuts as tb will ever be?

It´s not a mater of time. People still listen to Mozart and he hasn´t done anything in more than 200 years. I guess we all listen music we like. And we talk about what we like.

That's nice and all, but what does it have to do with releases and management?

Well that´s the issue. This thread is not about releases and managers. It´s about old videos about the band that used to be. And some of us wish we could have that again. Because we didn´t become fans 5 years ago. We became fans in the late 80s or early 90. In my own personal opinion the changes don´t make the band and their music better. Sure I can go to a show here and still have a good time with Axl but to me it´s not the same

You were the one that jumped into an off topic conversation that I didn't start, with something completely irrelevant to the off topic discussion. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish by throwing an opinion that I care nothing about at me, but I hope it relieves whatever pressure you had building up there. Now what is it you're trying to argue about exactly? You wish there was a reunion and you want more videos? Good. So?

What???? If you check my first post here it was about the videos (page1) Then you mentioned that the old band has done nothing in 20 years. All I did was to point out that for me it´s not a matter or time.It´s a matter of what I like and I don´t care how old it is. Stop twisting things around. I never ask for new videos or anything. I was just explaning myself.

So you were explaining yourself to me when I never asked for an explanation or commented on anything you said? Why? It doesn't matter to me if you want or don't want new videos because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it either way. And where are you digging up this accusation that I'm attacking you for liking the old band? Newsflash, so do I. So does mostly everyone here. You aren't special in that regard.

Well if you like the old band and their music. Then there is nothing wrong about the fact that you can still enjoy the music they did more than 20 years ago. Then you asked me about managers, new videos. Read your own posts. I never said a word about that. So I don´t understand why you are asking me.

This is our very first interaction in this thread.

Unless you're both Padme and gunnari, you're not making any sense.

Can we have on thread please, just one thread, that's all I ask, where we can enjoy the awesomeness of old GNR without feeling the need to bring down the current GNR? What purpose does it serve? Is it not enough to say to say GNR was great? Do you really have to add that at present time it isn't? All you're doing is taking celebration and turning it into hate.

I think much of the problem stems from people who are supporters of the current line up (aka Axl fans), who consistently disrespect the contributions of the classic members, and waive them off with some childish and dismissive comment about how "it was years ago, they're not in the band anymore, move on," mentality. The old band WAS great, and when I continue to hear their songs on the radio, or at a concert, it reminds me that they are STILL considered great, to this very day.

Axl failed at establishing his current group (or the one before that, or the one before that) as Guns N Roses, in the eyes of most fans who supported them when they were one of the best bands in the world. Putting the name on a ticket stub or a poster or a shirt doesn't quantify them as the band. Playing a few songs at a show not released by the old members doesn't quantify them as the band. Yet some members here want to insist it is. If it wasn't so funny it would be insulting.

Great excuse. Someone else is a shithead so I have to be a shithead too.

Except it's not an excuse, it's a valid explanation of what happens here. I can't dictate how people present their sides, like for instance you using the word shithead. If that's how you want to argue your point then so be it. But then don't blame others for how they respond either.

:lol:

Well said and good to see around here P4A!

I´m not gunnari. And all I did was to comment on your post. Nothing wrong with that unless you don´t want anyone except gunnari to talk to you. If that is the case warn people to stay away. But we all interact with each other all the time :shrugs:

• Like 1

The old band was nowhere near as fan friendly as this one is, barring Axl.

Lol funny that you exempt the only bandmember that most people actually care about. Ron, Fortus, Ashba etc could do a million interviews and it would not matter one iota because they talk alot but they say very little. So many topics are out of bounds either because they sincerely are out of the loop as they are hired hands or because they are afraid of angering Sir Axl(their employer). Yeh, real band this is....

Nobody gives two shits who you want to hear interviews from or if you're butthurt about what they say. Facts are facts and your babbling hasn't changed any of them.

Facts are facts. All the bandmembers are Axl's hired hands paid to play other peoples material. Real band right there yo. Might as well be current day Thin Lizzy.

Good attempt to change the argument to another thing I care nothing about. Feel free to shut up until you have something relevant or an apology for being wrong.

Cool.

I´m not gunnari. And all I did was to comment on your post. Nothing wrong with that unless you don´t want anyone except gunnari to talk to you. If that is the case warn people to stay away. But we all interact with each other all the time :shrugs:

You are free to talk to me whenever. I'm just not sure what your point is because it has nothing to do with what I was talking about, so I'm lost here. It seems to me that you're trying to argue about something that I never even touched on, and it that's the case, I don't know what my argument should be. We both like old Guns. We both would like to see unreleased things from old Guns. I would like to see unreleased things from new Guns too, but if you don't that's fine with me. So what are we disagreeing about?

I don't feel anything really. BTW, they're more unique now: is there any other band that made their fans wait so long for an album that was comming sdoon for more than a decade? I don't think so.

Is there any other band that has the singer's housemaid, or whatever Beta is, as their manager? No. They're edgy. they're unique. Face it.

I don't feel anything really. BTW, they're more unique now: is there any other band that made their fans wait so long for an album that was comming sdoon for more than a decade? I don't think so.

Is there any other band that has the singer's housemaid, or whatever Beta is, as their manager? No. They're edgy. they're unique. Face it.

Charles Manson is unique, doesn't make it a good thing though :)

You are free to talk to me whenever. I'm just not sure what your point is because it has nothing to do with what I was talking about, so I'm lost here. It seems to me that you're trying to argue about something that I never even touched on, and it that's the case, I don't know what my argument should be. We both like old Guns. We both would like to see unreleased things from old Guns. I would like to see unreleased things from new Guns too, but if you don't that's fine with me. So what are we disagreeing about?

I think now we understand each other. I thought you meant you didn´t like the old band when I read you post.

I really don't understand why this rift exist between the fans of old band and the new band. I don't understand why a video/topic of the old band has to be derailed by fans of the new band. There would e no new band if it weren't for the old band, if they never go as big as they did Axl wouldn't be able to tour with his employees as Guns N' Roses. If Axl was able to have his band be relevant and important in the mainstream rock music scene as much as the old band was, we wouldn't have people belittling and mocking Axl's band. But they are because as far as the majority of the world goes, their a joke and Axl's a narcissist nutcase.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of the new band, but appreciating what the old band was and did. And that was make music for their fans and act like a actual rock band, not a bunch of hired hands touring as a nostalgia act. And I say that as a fan of the new band. There's no reason to belittle or argue the old band's success, talents, or contributions to the music that made them famous 2 decades ago. Sure, you can say "they'll never reunite, so move on." Well, tell Axl that. Because as far as I know Axl's the only one that can't seem to move on.

On topic: After watching the video, they were just a rock n' roll band. No one was bigger than anyone else, no one had a say over anyone else. The wrote, performed, jammed and hung out together as a rock band, as friends. There was no leader, they weren't kept in the dark by their boss about new music. They were all together in a rock band playing music that they enjoyed and they became a legendary rock band because of it. No hanger's-on, no inept management, no bitterness. Just a rock n' roll band.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

I really don't understand why this rift exist between the fans of old band and the new band. I don't understand why a video/topic of the old band has to be derailed by fans of the new band. There would e no new band if it weren't for the old band, if they never go as big as they did Axl wouldn't be able to tour with his employees as Guns N' Roses. If Axl was able to have his band be relevant and important in the mainstream rock music scene as much as the old band was, we wouldn't have people belittling and mocking Axl's band. But they are because as far as the majority of the world goes, their a joke and Axl's a narcissist nutcase.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan of the new band, but appreciating what the old band was and did. And that was make music for their fans and act like a actual rock band, not a bunch of hired hands touring as a nostalgia act. And I say that as a fan of the new band. There's no reason to belittle or argue the old band's success, talents, or contributions to the music that made them famous 2 decades ago. Sure, you can say "they'll never reunite, so move on." Well, tell Axl that. Because as far as I know Axl's the only one that can't seem to move on.

Care to clarify where this percieved derailment of a thread by an Axl fan took place? If you're dumb enough to be referring to me, and I think you are since I am the only Axl fan posting over the last 2 pages, I would like you to explain why you think the manager that tricked Duff and Slash into signing over the name is in any way an improvement over tb, and which album that old Guns has released in the last 20 years is your favorite? Thanks.

Look at this video of old GnR and their pictures while they were young...How do you feel and think about this band when they were unique?

My first feeling... "what we have nowadays isn't what we had back then"

Not saying one is better or worse (although I do have my own preferences) but... man what they had back then was something else

Care to clarify where this percieved derailment of a thread by an Axl fan took place? If you're dumb enough to be referring to me, and I think you are since I am the only Axl fan posting over the last 2 pages, I would like you to explain why you think the manager that tricked Duff and Slash into signing over the name is in any way an improvement over tb, and which album that old Guns has released in the last 20 years is your favorite? Thanks.

I was no referring to you, but to the general conscious around here. It seems like no one can be civil anymore, and each topic has into a fight between the old and new band fans. I more referring to metaforcesaber's post, where as instead of being on topic, he has to make a snide comment about reunion fantasies, when no one was talking about a reunion.

I was no referring to you, but to the general conscious around here. It seems like no one can be civil anymore, and each topic has into a fight between the old and new band fans. I more referring to metaforcesaber's post, where as instead of being on topic, he has to make a snide comment about reunion fantasies, when no one was talking about a reunion.
OK. My apologies then.

On topic: After watching the video, they were just a rock n' roll band. No one was bigger than anyone else, no one had a say over anyone else. The wrote, performed, jammed and hung out together as a rock band, as friends. There was no leader, they weren't kept in the dark by their boss about new music. They were all together in a rock band playing music that they enjoyed and they became a legendary rock band because of it. No hanger's-on, no inept management, no bitterness. Just a rock n' roll band.

Yeah but the problems started when they got bigger and bigger...As Duff once said there is no manual how to deal with it all once you get as big as they were :shrugs: